I don't want to make Santa go broke so I'm tryin to keep it under $250. Im looking to get my recording chops up. I have the sennheiser280pro headphones on my Xmas list. But that's it so far. I need a nice Mic to record guitar with and other instruments. So I'm sure coming to a bunch of musicians for advice sounds like a good idea. I also think I need some sort of interface as well to connect a Mic to my Sony vaio laptop? Not too sure. As for recording software I think im just gonna stick with shitdacity for now, unless you can get me pro tools that isn't $600 lol
But yeah thanks for any advice in advance
What you really need is a new...

If you're looking for an interface for a laptop you could go with an external sound card, they work fine.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
I need a new amp actually. My crate is a piece of shit. I was playing a Christian gig and my amp wouldn't go loud enough....Yeup......
Well I'm not too educated on recording stuffs so what kind of soundcard would I be looking for?
Quote by devourke
Santa can't bring shit but broken promises

this. i was good all year, but never got that Russian mail-order bride. why Santa, why?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I need a new amp actually. My crate is a piece of shit. I was playing a Christian gig and my amp wouldn't go loud enough....Yeup......
Well I'm not too educated on recording stuffs so what kind of soundcard would I be looking for?

Do a little shopping around any sound card for recording should do.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
Quote by theogonia777
this. i was good all year, but never got that Russian mail-order bride. why Santa, why?

You've got to ask him for it first, duh!

I don't know anything about soundcards, but I use Sonar to record now, I think it's $100 and it's pretty decent, does what I need it to.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by theogonia777

You think you had it rough with santa?
I never got the pony I wanted when I was a little boy.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Dec 5, 2011,
Now I'm wondering what monkeys need with a Russian mail-order bride and a horse

I only care for a Christmas without fights and complaints that spoil the entire evening, really. How hard can it be to get along for just ONE DAY
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by Metallicuh
You think you had it rough with santa?
I never got the pony I wanted when I was a little boy.

yeah well, back in the hood, Santa doesn't do shit for nobody. one kid that asked him for rims, not even a whole car, but just rims, and he didn't them. i'm sure he got over it though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.