So Saturday night I broke my left (fretting) hand in a car accident. Seeing as I can't play guitar for quite some time and I'm also now on a leave from work, I have a whole lot of time to kill, and a whole lot of nothing to do.

Basically I need some suggestions for things I can do to kill time that only take one hand, or a new one handed hobby to take up. Any ideas?
Fap vigorously.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
become a dubstep artist

all you need is a keyboard + mouse and the ability to torrent software.
I can link you to a browser based game which can occupy your time and doesn't require speed or anything like that.
TV only requires one hand for a remote.
You can even do it with no hands if you're feeling adventurous.

Or Theramin if you have the money.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by pullingthrough
So Saturday night I broke my left (fretting) hand in a car accident. Seeing as I can't play guitar for quite some time and I'm also now on a leave from work, I have a whole lot of time to kill, and a whole lot of nothing to do.

Basically I need some suggestions for things I can do to kill time that only take one hand, or a new one handed hobby to take up. Any ideas?

Quit complaining and play guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6MVUB3lODE

See? He's doing just fine with one hand.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I suggest you get accustomed to masturbating with your other hand.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
- Table tennis
- Board games
- Keyboard/piano
- Reading/writing/drawing/painting
- Frisbee
- Juggling a soccer ball

And anything else that requires one hand to participate...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
So you only have your right hand left. Hmmmmmmm. What can someone do to entertain themselves with one hand.

Jerk off moron.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
learn to play didgeridoo
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Aww dude, the fretting hand is the one you need.

I guess you could work on alternate picking and/or string skipping with your pick hand. Maybe picking speed. Not as fun but its still practice.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by The_Sophist
So you only have your right hand left. Hmmmmmmm. What can someone do to entertain themselves with one hand.

Jerk off moron.

orrr find a woman to do that for you????

See you already have 1 up because they will want to make your hand feel better.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Get ridiculously good at legato.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I broke my fretting fingers once. It was 3 simple fractures on 3 of my fingers at the joints.

I still never stopped playing.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by devourke
I can link you to a browser based game which can occupy your time and doesn't require speed or anything like that.

Runescape?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Buy some industrial adhesive and a huge dildo, prefferably a big floppy veiny one.

Stick to the bonnet of someones car.

Enjoy.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by Metallicuh
Runescape?

No, it's textbased. It used to eat up my time when I played it, twas rather addictive.
get cultured, watch films!

Or Adventure Time, Adventure Time is THE BEST
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Learn to play left-handed, exclusively using legato.
Keyboard
Paint?
Play with your feet
Attach a slide to a surface and play by moving your guitar from side to side and playing the correct strings
Play the first few seconds of Nothing Else Matters over and over for months
Fap
Drinking
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Learn to play left-handed

That could actually be fun, I might just give that a go.

And to those suggesting fapping...what the hell do you think I have been doing for 2 days. I'm just assuming that after a week or so something is going to get really sore...
Quote by pullingthrough
And to those suggesting fapping...what the hell do you think I have been doing for 2 days. I'm just assuming that after a week or so something is going to get really sore...

take up anal masturbation? also if you can't actually fret, try to learn to finger pick open notes. just learn basic patterns, like that one Merle Travis pattern:

Middle | X     X       | X     X
Index  |   X       X   |   X       X
Thumb  | X   X   X   X | X   X   X   X

it's not quite the same to learn it without fretting, but it will at least give you something practical to work on on guitar for the time being, and will be a great skill for when you are able to use your fretting hand again.

and you could practice singing, reading music, ear training, or other general music skills.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by devourke
No, it's textbased. It used to eat up my time when I played it, twas rather addictive.

link me, I'd like to try
Quote by kaptkegan

Learn the maracas.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Dec 5, 2011,
go shopping for a new car? that or fap
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by devourke
PMed you the link

Thanks I'll try it when I boot up my computer
You're a real bro, bro.
Quote by kaptkegan