Those are the two most hated lines Marshall has.
But out of the 2 itd have to be the VS
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
game over.

insert coin.

try again.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
well which one is better for heavy rock like escape the fate, day to remember... stuff like that? which ones has better gain or tone for this?
Neither. They both suck.
I'd know. I used to own a VS series amp. Mediocre at best, but I will say it's built better than the MG.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I dont know what your experience with amps is, so its hard to say what you are going to like better. I have a VS265 and its not a bad amp for what I paid at the time. IMO the clean channel is pretty good. It had built in chorus that is just amazing. The distortion is kinda weak at lower volumes, but crank it to about 5 and you got a pretty smooth sound thats good for rock. Perhaps add an overdrive pedal for some of the heavier stuff. Its a loud amp. I used it for band practice with no problems.

The key for you is to listen to both of them if possible. Go through all of the settings on both amps. I dont know where you are getting these amps. If its a local music store, bring in your guitar and listen to them with your guitar. That way if you decide on one, then the tone wont be too different when you get it home.
Quote by MEGADETHGOD
I dont know what your experience with amps is, so its hard to say what you are going to like better. I have a VS265 and its not a bad amp for what I paid at the time. IMO the clean channel is pretty good. It had built in chorus that is just amazing. The distortion is kinda weak at lower volumes, but crank it to about 5 and you got a pretty smooth sound thats good for rock. Perhaps add an overdrive pedal for some of the heavier stuff. Its a loud amp. I used it for band practice with no problems.

The key for you is to listen to both of them if possible. Go through all of the settings on both amps. I dont know where you are getting these amps. If its a local music store, bring in your guitar and listen to them with your guitar. That way if you decide on one, then the tone wont be too different when you get it home.

The real key is to not listen to this guy^

Follow the link posted above and post back.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
theres no way in hell that all of your options boiled down to those 2
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by themelodicdeathshow
The real key is to not listen to this guy^

Follow the link posted above and post back.

Sorry for giving some advice based on experience with the amp. I will read the directions on how to post next time.
Last edited by MEGADETHGOD at Jan 15, 2012,
vs is better then mg but its like asking where to be kicked in the nuts or having them chopped off..
Quote by Vital-Signs
Marshall doesn't make a good amp under $1,500

go play a class 5
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
actually the ones I like (Class 5 and Vintage Modern) are under $1,500.

which ones Over $1,500 are good?

BAZINGA

actually i think the vm is priced at $1499? no?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED