Page 1 of 2
What are some good preferably rock songs to play to impress people when they wanna hear you play, they'll regonize and think is amazing/cool?
Thanks.
Hot Cross Buns
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Phil Collins
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by lushacrous
Hot Cross Buns

That song gets you all them b!tches.

OT: Dammit-Blink 182
Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana

Most people that want to hear you play guitar don't care if you can play an F# Phrygian scale up 3 octaves, they just want to hear something "cool."
Phil Collins.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Wonderwall
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Nickleback. Chicks dig Nickleback.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
The Crazy Train solo
Dare you to be my friend ........
please?
Quote by whoomit
I've always found that if you can learn to whammy without a whammy bar then people will dig anything you play.

Edit:

Wow! that video was both entertaining and informative! I will be adding that technique to my repertoire. Thanks for sharing! lol
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by iplayat11
Wow! that video was both entertaining and informative! I will be adding that technique to my repertoire. Thanks for sharing! lol

I'm here to help.
Wake Me Up When September ends-Green Day.

Hell, just about any popular recent Green Day song.
Quote by Philip_pepper
If you wanna get some pussy you gonna need to play acoustic and sing pop songs.

Or Phil Collins.

naw, ya gotta play a bass...even if its unplugged...walking the bass...those 2 alternating fingers might remind her of something she needs done to her....then tongue the strings a bit and well...she might just cream herself?
Quote by whoomit
I've always found that if you can learn to whammy without a whammy bar then people will dig anything you play.

That kid blew my mind. Annnyways, I'm pretty sure some Jonathan Richman oughta de-douchify that I-need-to-impress-me-some-menstruating-adolescent-girls attitude.

MOCOSO LIKE ME
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin, Sweet Child o Mine by Guns and Roses, Purple Haze/Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix, Crazy Train intro by Ozzy Osbourne, and Back in Black by AC/DC.

The usual classic rock songs.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Crazy Train - Ozzy

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold

Knights of Cydonia - Muse (People think it's hard because of the wammy use)

Purple Haze - Hendrix
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Crazy Train - Ozzy

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold

Knights of Cydonia - Muse (People think it's hard because of the wammy use)

Purple Haze - Hendrix

I'd laugh if they played any of these, save for Purple Haze.
Quote by blake1221
I'd laugh if they played any of these, save for Purple Haze.

I would too. But I thought this thread was about what to play in front of people that don't play guitar.

I know how to play most of them, and non-musicians find them very impressive.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
anything by sugar ray
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
I remember you by Skid Row.

Works for chicks.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by WCPhils
I would too. But I thought this thread was about what to play in front of people that don't play guitar.

I know how to play most of them, and non-musicians find them very impressive.

I'm just thinking back to the talent show senior year.

Treble 10
Middle 0
Bass 5
Gain 11

Crazy Train intro.

20 times.

ohgodmyearstheybleed.
Quote by blake1221
I'm just thinking back to the talent show senior year.

Treble 10
Middle 0
Bass 5
Gain 11

Crazy Train intro.

20 times.

ohgodmyearstheybleed.

MG or Spider 3?
Check out my band Disturbed
Learn to sing and play some unplugged Alice in chains. Like rooster. Or down in a hole. And while your at it, unplugged Nirvana is amazingly simple, yet fun to play and lots of people will really like it. Something in the way. Polly. Man who sold the world.
Page 1 of 2