Maybe stop listening to so much slash, and practice playing to a metronome, some of your licks were fairly out of time.

What are you using to record?
Tone wise, it lacks balls, if you're using a single 57, maybe try moving it an inch or two towards the outside of the speaker cone, and double/quad track your rhythm parts, then pan them left and right and try to EQ them to carve out some space for the lead. Maybe even record the lead part on a different pickup, or change the EQ and gain/channel on the amp to get a slightly different tone.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Caliryda
What do you guys think? How can I improve my playing, and how is the tone?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Caliryda2?feature=mhee#p/u/12/rl0TGL6WUmQ

If you want to improve your playing, visit the "Guitar Techniques" sub forum.
As for tone, I really can't truly say because I have no idea what mic you are using or if you are using your camera's mic. (In which is not doing any justice.)

But I'll crit anyway
Although Rock/Blues isn't my thing, I think it is just fine, but I do have to agree with the post above me about trying to be like Slash.
Tone: Meh, it is missing that punch/pull we all love to hear, therefore it sounds a bit thin.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics