Page 1 of 2
I don't mean like a song and go download their entire catalog. I mean like purchase every album, cd and dvd that a band puts out. i saw a post on a vinyl collectors guild thread where a guy owned nearly all of Metallica's stuff. It was insane because he even had the country variants and stuff like that. It was impressive to say the least. Anyone here do that?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I've bought I think all of the Beatles albums over the years. I also bought the Queen discography at a yard sale a few years ago.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I have all of Green Day's stuff, not the variations but the discography and live/compilation stuff.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Dec 5, 2011,
i own everything by Temple of the Dog
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
I own all of Children Of Bodom's studio albums and everything by Lamb Of God.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
If I owned Never Mind The Bollocks, then yes.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
The Offspring
Angel Vivaldi
Dance Hall Crashers
Racer X
Paul Gilbert
Steel Panther
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Sure, there's bands that I own every studio album by. I'm not obsessive about collecting singles or anything like that.
AC/DC, Metallica, Dream Theater and Rammstein

And of course a few bands that only have one or two CDs out

Same as neidnarb11890, I mostly go after the studios; live albums and singles I'm not as adamant about.
I have all Modest Mouse aside from the Interstate 8 EP.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Overkill !!!! I dont think I will stop buying their albums and I think their at maybe at 14 of 15.
Quote by K Reyn
I own the complete discography for the Mighty Ducks II sountrack........

I was gonna get into the Mighty Ducks II soundtrack craze but then i worried i would get all obsessive about it and need the Might Ducks I soundtrack. You see the dilemma
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
My brother and I have got the Queen catalogue if we put them together
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by zenbone
I was gonna get into the Mighty Ducks II soundtrack craze but then i worried i would get all obsessive about it and need the Might Ducks I soundtrack. You see the dilemma

Haha of course, you're not the first person I've heard say that.
Quote by meow1992
i own everything by Temple of the Dog

So do I. It's quite difficult to get everything.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Show me a completed Buckethead discography (including collaborations, guest appearances, etc) and I'll be impressed.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by conor-figgy
I have all of Green Day's stuff, not the variations but the discography and live/compilation stuff.

This.
Also all the Machine Head studio/demo/live albums and DVDs that came with special editions.

I really want to start collecting vinyls though, once I move out of home.
i actually have everything done by "the 5.6.7.8's". All of the 7" singles, vinyl albums, CD's and dvds.... plus a few concert posters and signed albums. it was actually very difficult becuase they have been recording on indie lables since the mid/late 80's. It took me a long time to get everything.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I really want to start collecting vinyls though, once I move out of home.

I really enjoy getting the vinyl because of the artwork and inserts that some of the bands put into their stuff. Plus if you can find an album you have been searching for in a thrift store or yardsale for 25cents or really cheap it is very rewarding.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by me_llamo_juan
I own as much of Steven Wilson's discography (Porcupine Tree + side projects) as I've been able to get my hands on. Many albums.

Ditto.

Another band that I have nearly everything they've ever done is Coheed and Cambria. I have all of their albums, all the comics, the novel, live DVDs, and lots of rarities. Hell, I even have my name printed in a special edition fan book that came with their Neverender live cd/dvd release. It's safe to say I have quite the obsession with that band.
A lot of these numbers are probably wrong, but as far as I know I have:

Every Alestorm album (3 albums)
Every Animals as Leaders album (2 albums)
Every Austrian Death Machine album (2 albums)
Every Children of Bodom album (7 albums, 2 live albums)
Every Dethklok album (2 albums)
Every Disturbed album (5 albums)
Every Dream Theater album (11 albums, 1 EP, 3 live albums, 3 live covers albums, 1 double vinyl)
Every Five Finger Death Punch album (3 albums)
Every Fleshgod Apocalypse album (2 albums, 1 EP)
Every Iron Maiden album (14 albums, 3 live albums)
Every Miss May I album (2 albums)
Every Opeth album (9 albums, 1 live album)
Every Sabaton album (4 albums)
Every Slipknot album (4 albums)
Every Sonata Arctica album (6 albums, 1 compilation, 1 live album)
Every Trivium album (5 albums)
Every Tyr album ( 5 albums)

Most of these are less than 3 albums, and I don't necessarily listen to the band anymore. I guess the big ones are Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and Opeth.
Last edited by Random3 at Dec 6, 2011,
I have every studio album of my favorite band the pillows, hard copy. Pretty proud since I had to import them all. A number of singles and DVDs as well. Downloads fill in my collection with some out of print stuff and rare goodies.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
All TBDM and ASP albums and DVDs.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I have everything Green Day has ever released except for the Live in Tokyo EP and Awesome as F*ck
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I have every studio album of my favorite band the pillows, hard copy. Pretty proud since I had to import them all. A number of singles and DVDs as well. Downloads fill in my collection with some out of print stuff and rare goodies.

Very impressive. Japanese bands are notorious for having a ridiculous number of releases.

I wonder if there's anyone who owns everything by Boris.
I own the complete Pink Floyd discography, and most of the Beatles.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
CAKE
the dead milkmen
ween
used to be frank black/pixies. now he's come out with new stuff in the last three years i don't have.
#DTWD
The Fall of Troy (both CD and vinyl, minus Doppelganger on vinyl )
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Avenged Sevenfold (all studio albums)
My Chemical Romance (all studio albums and both DVDs)
Slipknot (all studio albums, double-disc live album, demo album)
Paramore (all studio albums)
The Used (all studio albums)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by lushacrous
The Fall of Troy (both CD and vinyl, minus Doppelganger on vinyl )

Do you always try to find or win bids for the one you are missing? I would seach for the 1 or 2 i was missing almost daily until i found them and bought them.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by zenbone
Do you always try to find or win bids for the one you are missing? I would seach for the 1 or 2 i was missing almost daily until i found them and bought them.

Ideally yes I will at some point, but I'm more or less an adult now, and have more important things to focus my money into for the moment.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Rise Against
Incubus
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for my Valentine
Rage Against the Machine
Suicide Silence
Parkway Drive

Working on Mastodon and Foo Fighters
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

I might have all of Coheed and Cambria's collection. 5 studio albums , 4 live albums (Live at the Starland Ballroom, The Last Supper: Live at the Hammerstein Ballroom, Neverender: Children of the Fence (4 CD/4 DVD set), Kerrang Acoustic Sessions), and 2 EP's from when they were Shabutie (The Penelope EP, Plan to Take Over the World).
Up until the band's latest iteration, I had everything the Smashing Pumpkins had ever put out, as well as Billy Corgan and the Jimmy Chamberlain Complex's stuff. I had even collected most of the harder to find rarities before itunes conveniently made a list of them about 5 years back.

When the new band formed and they released 4 or 5 versions of the album, each with a different "bonus track" I said **** it and stopped buying the stuff.
Page 1 of 2