hey dudes, i want to get my hands on the perfect marshall head for ME!!! heres what im looking for.......just two things.

1: Incredible, beautiful, shimmering, deep cleans.ffects loops,
2:Tight, searing, savage gain/lead channel with bass as tight as a nun's asshole and good midrange.

Last thing, it needs an effects loop, an since im not very accustomed to using effects loops, i just wanna know, will it change the my sound oncce i engage it via footswitch?

Thanks guys.
It has to be a Marshall?
What do you play?
Gig or home use?
Nearest large cities?
Budget?
Really give us more info.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Budget?

So you NEED A MARSHALL with amazing cleans and an amazing lead tone.......if an amp with tones you described existed, then there wouldn't be any competition and other amp manufacturers would just give up until someone comes up with a variation of that amp that they can build and not be sued over and they start a trend and all other amp manufacturers do the same thing and everyone's basically building the same amp and then marshall would get pissed and make another amp to be "different" and then the others would eventually realize that the public would look at them as "cheap" and "unoriginal" if they continued to base their amps off of Marshalls when they stopped doing it.....

.....and everyone would go back to what they were doing.

To sum it up: Budget?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
vintage modern. (head, i wasn't a big fan of the combo myself).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
vintage modern. (head, i wasn't a big fan of the combo myself).

+this

just got my VM head 50w. does everything
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Forget about budget, guys. Just want great cleans and amazing, killer, razor distortion. i always use an mxr wylde OD in front of my amps, even on the clean channel for a boost. On high gain settings, the OD always seems to tighten the bass right up and the rest of the dynamics seem to shine through. i dont even raise the gain up at all on the OD, i just set the tone and output to full. I honestly believe that to really hear an amp at its finest and fullest tone, you need to have something pushing those preamp tubes. Sooooooooo based on that citeria, give me a marshall. Like i said, **** budget, It doesnt matter how much i have to pay. Thanks -Matt
You could take a look at the YJM Signature model. Also, Marshall is getting ready to debut a Joe Satriani Signature model that might fit your bill.

Bring money...
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Really for what you're looking for, there are many better options than Marshall.

Still, if you're set on a Marshall, a JCM800, Vintage Modern or the YJM signature head would suit.
Splawn. QR.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So basically you want the cleans of a Vox AC30 or hot rodded Fender but with the distortion of a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. And with a Marshall logo.

Not gonna happen bro. Putting the Marshall thing aside, what you're asking for is two things that come out of two different kinds of amp. The closest I can think you'd get in one unit is if you buy a multi-circuit beast like a Mesa Boogie Road King. And those cost what, three grand? That's not the sort of money you piss away when you're relying on an internet forum for advice.

You might want to look into the new Line 6 DT amps. I've gotten my paws on one of the combos and I've been looking at lots of videos of the head versions. They sound really good for the money and even though they're Line 6 they do use tube power amp and a tube preamp. I'm not terribly comfortable with the whole Line 6 thing myself and I wouldn't blame anyone else for not giving them a try but these ones do actually seem to be okay. And they are capable of both crystal cleans and heavy and tight distortion.

If you refuse to buy something which isn't Marshall though then I think you're kinda boned. The JVMs are kind of Marshalls take on the Road King idea. They're a third of the price but don't sound half as good, to my ears. I quite like the JCM2000 line but to get both a really deep clean tone and also a tight, mids-heavy distortion you have to go over and press shit on the amp which can't be controlled by a footswitch, so that's a big problem. The JCM900 could do the distortion you want but their cleans are terrible. In fact I don't think any Marshall is going to do the cleans you want.
Quote by grohl1987
In fact I don't think any Marshall is going to do the cleans you want.

The only one i can think of is a Silver Jubilee, and it isn't going to get him the other sounds. If he is caught up in "Marshall" only, then there is a lot more advice to be given besides "what amp?".
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Splawn. QR.

+1000
Splawn are much nicer mashall style amps, and cheaper in the USA.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Budget no matter? Mesa Mark V.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I use that same OD infron of my vintage modern. All u got to do it set the amps gain levels about halfway,and mess with the tone knobvon the pedal. If anything and u need more gain or sustain, move the od's gain knob by a hair.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by AcousticMirror
slo
Yup, this. Soldano FTW.

You'll have to rob a bank to get one but it will be fucking worth it. It will do what you want it to do better than any Marshall will ever do.

The Hot Rods are also good if you can't afford the SLO.
Mesa MKV would do it. Great thing about that amp is its raw versitility.

Soldano SLO would also work

Better alternatives to Marshall.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 6, 2011,
Well, if you're set on Marshall, Amazing Cleans, and Death Metal distortion, and have no budget limit, Get a Silver Jubilee and a JCM800 Kerry King or Zakk Wylde signature and A/B them.

If you're willing to go elsewhere with no budget limit, get a Mesa Roadking, Soldano SLO, or Splawn Quickrod.

While you're at it, send me a Road King too.
I'm gonna have to go with Splawn QuickRod or a Soldano SLO too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Splawn. QR.

This, Splawn does Marshall better than Marshall does Marshall. Marshall's are overrated for the price anyways, especially when you can have a Splawn.

Usually it's amazing cleans, or amazing gain, not both.
OP is... nowhere to be found.... we have ended this thread 40 quick rod recommendations ago. he has a total of like 4 amps to revolve around, at this point its what looks best -_-
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I don't think a Marshall is going to give you all that. What you want is a Diezel.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ethan_hanus
This, Splawn does Marshall better than Marshall does Marshall. Marshall's are overrated for the price anyways, especially when you can have a Splawn.

Usually it's amazing cleans, or amazing gain, not both.

Splawn does better than marshall has ever really done (despite the fact is that it is to some degree based on a marshall).

Splawn does quality like Marshall has never done. the guts of a splawn are beauitiful, although you will not see them online because Scott asks you not to post pictures of them and most everybody respects that. but if you do buy one, they are pretty.

huge Heyboer transformers, choke the size of some of the smaller amps PT or OT. lol.

they are excellent amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i have a peavey 6505 + and its amazing for distortion and hign gain tones. Cleans arent too good though, I guess i could hook up another amp to my cabinet though, right? like, for example, i could put one head on top of the other. In that case ,what marshall would you recommend for cleans? And to that person who said i was a troll, eat my balls you ****ing scumbag goat****er. Dig a hole, take a shit down there, then bury yourself in it. Bitch.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by DeathShredder23
i have a peavey 6505 + and to that person who said i was a troll, eat my balls you ****ing scumbag goat****er. Dig a hole, take a shit down there, then bury yourself in it. Bitch.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by DeathShredder23
And to that person who said i was a troll, eat my balls you ****ing scumbag goat****er. Dig a hole, take a shit down there, then bury yourself in it. Bitch.

Quote by DeathShredder23
i have a peavey 6505 + and its amazing for distortion and hign gain tones. Cleans arent too good though, I guess i could hook up another amp to my cabinet though, right? like, for example, i could put one head on top of the other. In that case ,what marshall would you recommend for cleans?

well, if you desire a more dirty clean then i'd recommend one of their 18 watt circuits, great gritty/clean tone. if you want something with headroom for days, then get one of their circuits with the KT88's or 6550's (like the wylde sig mentioned above).

i personally like the JTM45 style of cleans, pretty spanky/snappy sound.

any good marshall circuit actually has it's own thing to offer, i didn't mention a bunch of good marshall circuits with good 'cleans'. just depends on your favorite flavor.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae