I just recently acquired a crybaby 95q. It is the one that is supposed to shut off when you let your foot off of it. The problem is mine doesnt it just stays on. What do you guys think i should do? Does guitar center fix pedals or should i send it to dunlop. Has anyone else had this problem?
You have to push down all the way until you here it go "click."
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'd send it to Dunlop, dealing with the Empire of Evil (guitar center) any more than necessary is something to avoid. They have great deals on used gear, but that's about it. That said, Dunlop will always be better at fixing their own products anyways, and I know their customer service is good. Just find the contact information and email them with your problem, they'll probably have you mail it in, and they'll either fix it or replace it- that'd be my guess, at least.
Quote by Most_Triumphant

I think your thinking of the ones that you push down with your toe to turn it off and on. This one doesnt have that it supposed to automatically turn off when you let it go.
i have never seen a crybaby that i recall where it doesn't have the on off switch on the pedal after the pedal is peaked that you push down with your foot.

so more forward, push on the pedal like you would any other pedal but with more force, and you will hear the click of the switch turning on/off.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have never seen a crybaby that i recall where it doesn't have the on off switch on the pedal after the pedal is peaked that you push down with your foot.

so more forward, push on the pedal like you would any other pedal but with more force, and you will hear the click of the switch turning on/off.

Why would you two even bother posting? You both have no idea what you're talking about and both have not even bothered to take 5 seconds and Google "Crybaby 95q."

If you had, you'd know that you can't "click" it. It does not have that feature. It's not there. You can't do it. There is no clicker. It can't happen. It's not possible. Your post is useless.

Now, to actually answer OP's question. It sounds like part of either the circuitry or the physical pedal is knocked out of place, so when you let off the pedal, it thinks that it's still compressed a bit. Since I'm assuming you can't fix pedal circuitry yourself, you have a few options.

Assuming that your product is still under warranty (and if you bought it from Guitar Center, it should have a 30-60 day limited warranty), they should replace it for you for free or fix it for free. They sold you a broken pedal and it's their fault. They will fix it.

If it's been too long, you can take it to some guitar techs and they can probably figure out what the problem is, but you will have to pay.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Dec 6, 2011,
Thanks for the help I got it super cheap off Craigslist so I will call around and see how much it will cost to get fixed.
Why would you two even bother posting? You both have no idea what you're talking about and both have not even bothered to take 5 seconds and Google "Crybaby 95q."

If you had, you'd know that you can't "click" it. It does not have that feature. It's not there. You can't do it. There is no clicker. It can't happen. It's not possible. Your post is useless.

if you recall my statement, i said "i have never seen a crybaby that i recall where it doesn't have the on off switch on the pedal" and i haven't seen one. appears to me they are relatively new, i dont go sit at GC just to try everything that is new especially if it is something that i am not looking for. i have played quite a few crybabys, and none of them have had that feature and the last five minutes i looked on dunlop's site, and this appears to be the only model with that feature under a relatively quick peak. i am aware that Morely has the spring back function, did not know dunlop had one too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/