Hi, I have the opportunity to choose from these guitars. I looked and found them used in approximately the same price range, and pickups doesn't matter; I can always change them with EMG 81/85's or something.

-ESP/LTD EC1000 Gold w Alnico II Pickups

-Jackson SLSMG

-Ibanez RG1527 Prestige (Don't know if I'll need a 7 string later on)

-ESP/LTD Ninja 600

I play mostly thrash/heavy metal (Maiden)/ Devil wears prada/Hard Rock (Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses) and a little punk ska?

Thanks!!!!!
Ec1000 would get my vote.

Plus, the pickups in the EC are actually really bloody nice. Plus, maiden, tdwp, gnr and all that do not really need a 7th string.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Thanks, I saw that Chris Broderick betcha can't play this and that sorta inspired me to want to get a seven string.
Quote by zakkshred2001
Thanks, I saw that Chris Broderick betcha can't play this and that sorta inspired me to want to get a seven string.

It's all personal preference really, to me 7 strings seem slightly 'gimicky' although that's just my opinion.
Also, there's no point getting a 7 if you don't know/play any songs which make proper use of a 7th string (low B).

EDIT:

I've learned something over the 5 or so years playing guitar. If you're uncertain about a purchase ie. that seven string, it's best to leave it till you're 100% sure you want one.

I'm by all means not against 7's, but from your information provided I don't think one would really suit your needs.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Dec 5, 2011,
EC 1000.
They're just so well suited for almost any genre and have surprisingly good stock pickups!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by zakkshred2001
The Ec1000 is the cheapest listed above though??

That doesn't mean it's the worst. The ESP/LTD is generally better as the number goes up. EC1000 will be better than Michael Ammot's signature. You don't need a 7 string. The pickups one the LTD (whether you choose the EMGs or SDs) will be better for your music than the SLSMG, without the wood/hardware/anything being worse quality.