Page 1 of 2
Didn't happen to me, just asking reactions.

You are in public, and your phone rings. A different member of your family tells you that your Brother/Sister/Parent has just died in an accident.

How do you react?

I had this thought today, and I don't have much of an idea of what I'd do. I might throw the phone and start swearing uncontrollably. I'd also probably knock over/throw shit in my immediate vicinity, depending upon where I am. Once I calmed down a bit I'd most likely breakdown.

What do you think you would do?
I'd question why such important and life-changing news was given over the phone rather than in person. Then I'd cry. Lots. Believe it or not, the one I'd miss most in my family is my dog. Probably my best friend, seriously.

foreveralone.jpg
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

The combination of the thread title and your username is kinda funny.

OT: I think I'd probably be sick, I don't know what else and I hope I don't find out.

Last edited by Gerard_xD at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by Gerard_xD

Lolz.

Bit of a strange topic with quite a few of the same answers I'd guess, but I'd still like to know what people would do.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Dec 5, 2011,
Say "goddamnit" or "shit" and then proceed to try and hold my tears in.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

I wouldn't know what to do. I probably wouldn't believe them if they were telling me over the phone.
I think I'd just go home and cry.
cat
Quote by Gerard_xD
I chuckled. Thanks for pointing that out.

I would cry, while simultaneously try and figure out how I can get to them. I think grief comes first, then when I've had more time to let it sink in, I'd be mad, then depressed.
i came in here to post what blake said.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I think about this all the time. Also, I have no idea.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I'd probably not visibly react in public when I'd be around other people, but once I was alone I'd let it out
Haha, joke's on you, my immediate family are all dead already.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
How did you know?

loljk
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
I would start to have feelings of bitter disappointment then that would lead to alcoholism.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
I was called on my way back from work one night when my dad was taken to the hospital. I was too naive back then and ignored the seriousness of the call.

Though he didn't die that night, he passed on 6 days later. Looking back, I realize that I handled hearing that information all wrong.

Edit: To be more OT, I guess having gone through what I have, I'd reactly much differently now. Might not be able to contain myself for more than a few minutes.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
'I'm rich!'

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

For realz, I'd probably be more in shock than anything else. My dog of 14 years was put down last February (I just noticed it's almost been a year ) and I was more shocked than saddened, but either way, I probably wouldn't react violently/dramatically.

Quote by Life Is Brutal

You are in public, and your phone rings. A different member of your family tells you that your Brother/Sister/Parent has just died in an accident.

How do you react?

pretty much my reaction right there.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
i'd be sad, believe it or not.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I'd try to get a refund on my mom's SUV.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'd try to get a refund on my mom's SUV.

You really are pissed about that
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
You really are pissed about that

I have not spoken to her since.

Quote by Life Is Brutal
What about an SUV? I don't believe I've heard this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499662

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^

Quote by blake1221
Dear Diary,

Today my first world life took a turn for the worse.

My whore mother got an SUV, when I clearly am gay for the Prius. I hope my life just ends soon, it's too much.

Love,
Xiaoxi

You know, it's REALLY rude to ruffle through my diary. Asshole.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
You know, it's REALLY rude to ruffle through my diary. Asshole.

Stop leaving your room unlocked and your diary on top of your desk. At least hide it for Christ's sake.
Dear Diary

Why did Blake act all weird when I showed him that excerpt from my diary? I thought he loved me but he just swore and didn't talk to me again. I so sad Diary : ( : ( : (
Dear Devourke (whatever that is),

Why are you posting your diary entries for everyone to see?
Page 1 of 2