I recently bought a RG after playing it for fun because it played better than any PRS in the store ( save the argument)...but, it had no tremolo arm with it. I figured it's just an arm it can't be that hard to replace.

After searching for no place online that sells the arm necessary for the Edge Zero 2 system, that's not in the United kingdom. I decided to say screw it and went to my nearest Ibanez dealer, and asked if I could order the arm. He told me that he would need the Serial number for my guitar or else Ibanez would refuse to sell him the part.

I then asked why can't he just order a spare for a guitar that uses the same system. He responded that he would still need the number, as Ibanez would still refuse to sell him it, as the guitar is new and should have its arm.

Now my question is, is this guy slightly retarded. Or does Ibanez really do this with all their menial parts. It seems really unusual of a request from the company, but again they do have the odd naming system too.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Maybe ibanez is worried that if they give out their parts freely other companies will start copying them. ironyyyyyy.
Quote by supersac
sounds like the guy is being stupid

my 3550 came without the tremolo bar, i waited two months for those idiots in japan that all they had to do was ship it. however my guy at GC gave me a free trem bar after a month. then mine came, and he said to keep both.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
my 3550 came without the tremolo bar, i waited two months for those idiots in japan that all they had to do was ship it. however my guy at GC gave me a free trem bar after a month. then mine came, and he said to keep both.

really...
thats a bitch cept the you getting a free trem bar
Eh, I hope it doesn't amount to waiting months for the arm. It's not like the system isn't sold in America, the arm should be available.

Would you think that another arm, maybe off a low pro, or just a Floyd arm would work?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Eh, I hope it doesn't amount to waiting months for the arm. It's not like the system isn't sold in America, the arm should be available.

Would you think that another arm, maybe off a low pro, or just a Floyd arm would work?

i forget what trem mine is (i am rather new with ibanez) but there is a nut in shaft you could screw to it (thats what he gave me) the correct bar is really long and it fits through the hole and presses down hard and locks in place.

he was calling his rep from ibanez, every few days and got his DM to contact them, and it still took all of that time. i didn't expect something from japan in two days, but i sure as hell wouldn't have imagined 2 months.

but i did hear rumor that the tsunami earlier this year messed up production of certain products for a while. i have not found solid evidence of it yet ( haven't looked too hard) but that is why if you see one of those new prestiges dont have the J-Craft stamped on them on them anymore
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
^Do you have another guitar with a trem? You could always try.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by robertito696
^Do you have another guitar with a trem? You could always try.

i have a wolfgang with a trem, different threading on the bar, obviously a strat trem bar woudl't work. i think i may have a jackson arm somewhere but it was probably burried really deep.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
IbanezRules sells extra parts... And I think that guy didn't know what he was talking about. There's a guy who does piezo mods for Edge Pro 7 and he orders the Double Edge saddles as "replacements" because he's a licensed Ibanez dealer.
I was curious about him, How quickly could he get them in. I know its all about if they're in stock but is he generally fast on shipping?
You belong in a museum.

Pac Man beat me to the Ibanez Rules idea, they sell ALL parts pretty much. Most are in stock too. The drawback is just knowing which to order. Just message them and tell them the guitar and it should be enough. As for Ibanez being that bad....sorry, yes they are, and way worse on parts for higher end guitars from what I've experienced. I bought my first RG (new) from GC about a year ago, it was missing the arm, took like 2 weeks as I recall. I bought an RG1570 Prestige used a few months back, Ibanez refused to help at all. I have the parts on order from Ibanez Rules. Word to the wise, don't lose an arm or the "Prestige" tool.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm
Quote by jdrier21
I would just walk into another guitar shop and just snatch one off a similar Ibanez. hahaha

Scumbag.
I am a fake mountain.
Wow that sucks about ibanez.. i emailed schecter about a part for a guitar they hadnt made in 5years and they sent me it in the mail the next day for free
Yep just email Rich at Ibanez Rules. Tell him what guitar and what trem. He'll tell you for sure if they are in stock. His website isn't updated frequently so you can't always trust the quantities listed.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
This begs the question, why did you buy the guitar without it in the first place?

It was used, I thought they had the arm in the back, and when they didn't I figured I could pick one up online somewhere.

As much as I really like the guitar a lot is really confusing about it. It's an RG350MPZ.. despite the wiki saying its for sale in the US only, try finding it in any store online, if you do. You get an E cookie.

I'm going to talk to Rich tonight at some point, I figured he'd be the best bet. I'm looking at $50 from a dealer, and $60 plus to ship it over from the UK.

Thanks for your help everyone.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Dec 6, 2011,
You don't need to send to the UK for it, no matter what guitar, all the arms are the same for a given bridge. Just find out what bridge and order from GC or anywhere. They're $15.00 - 20.00 USD.
I'm talking about the guitar :P its not for sale online in the US. and GC doesn't list the arm. I'll just talk to Rich, it's as simple as that.
You belong in a museum.

RE the serial number stuff:

We would ask you for the model number and serial number at my work so we could make sure we got the year specific part as Ibanez have a habit of changing little things year to year, so the guy wasnt being a retard, he was making sure if he ordered you anything it would be the right part.

Quote by Way Cool JR.
Ibanez IMO has the worst warranty and customer service claims ever for all the big brand companies, they just suck ass period. On the other Hand Schecter, Kramer, and especially Gary Kramer (they are fricken spectacular) have the best in the business IMO.

If your guitar is new just give the guy the info he needs and hope that someday you get it. I would not spend any extra money on something that should of came with a guitar new, thats just ignorant.

Yeah Ibanez as a company can be a pain, their reps and distributors are usually very helpful.

Best guys I have ever had to deal with are Ernie Ball Music Man and Orange.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
have you checked thomann?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tom 1.0
RE the serial number stuff:

We would ask you for the model number and serial number at my work so we could make sure we got the year specific part as Ibanez have a habit of changing little things year to year, so the guy wasnt being a retard, he was making sure if he ordered you anything it would be the right part.

Yeah Ibanez as a company can be a pain, their reps and distributors are usually very helpful.

Best guys I have ever had to deal with are Ernie Ball Music Man and Orange.

That's rather helpful, Thanks. Would you recommend buying it from the distributor, or buying from ibanez rules. I'd prefer the cheapest if its the same..so I can put some nice pickups in it.
You belong in a museum.

Get it from Rich.

The Distributors and Reps only deal with Authorised stores.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Will do. I'll have a NGD eventually, this is probably the only non prestiege RG I have ever liked.
You belong in a museum.

Quote by CrazyPigeon
This begs the question, why did you buy the guitar without it in the first place?

because i paid less than $700 after taxs on a 3550MZ (new), and they sell for a little bit double than that at MF, etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
honestly thomann has ibanez trem arms and doesn't ask for the serial number. if you're only buying the arm there's a 10 euro postage charge (and it'd probably fall under the minimum order amount), but if you're buying some other stuff as well, that's probably the way to do it for handiness. Just look up the trem arm code on ibanez rules and then order it from thomann. that's what i did for my edge pro.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
honestly thomann has ibanez trem arms and doesn't ask for the serial number. if you're only buying the arm there's a 10 euro postage charge (and it'd probably fall under the minimum order amount), but if you're buying some other stuff as well, that's probably the way to do it for handiness. Just look up the trem arm code on ibanez rules and then order it from thomann. that's what i did for my edge pro.

I looked into that, and to ship it to the US I'm looking at a €30 charge to ship Which is $40. I don't want to have to spend $50 on a trem arm that should have been included with the purchase, it was advertised.
You belong in a museum.

oh right you're in the us for some reason i thought you were in teh UK

carry on
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh right you're in the us for some reason i thought you were in teh UK

carry on

I tend to type like I am, I don't particularly know why.
You belong in a museum.

I'm not sure if it applies for your particular tremolo, but I replaced my tremolo arm and socket in my bridge with a Floyd Rose arm and arm socket on my ZR... and I had the original arm. The sockets are just crappily made on the ZR's (at least the first generation ones) and crack under use. The weight, thickness, and metal quality on the Floyd part was leaps and bounds better. Usually you can find an arm that fits online from a small retailer. I got mine from Stewart-MacDonald.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I looked into that, and to ship it to the US I'm looking at a €30 charge to ship Which is $40. I don't want to have to spend $50 on a trem arm that should have been included with the purchase, it was advertised.

Wait, the tremolo arm was advertised for the purchase?
I am a fake mountain.
^ yeah, if it was advertised as being with it, that's different... maybe get back to the shop and tell them (polite, of course, but firm) to get you one, kind of thing.

Quote by Sinister Waffle
I tend to type like I am, I don't particularly know why.

no worries

i dunno why i got it in my head that you were. i reply to so many threads they sometimes get mixed up in my head

Quote by Pac_man0123
Because deep down you want to be.

I have to stop myself from doing it sometimes.

I wish I had a British accent...

there are a whole bunch of british accents... there isn't just one.

also some are nicer than others, like with most accents
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?