I want to change the pickups on my mh100qmnt, i dont like actives and im considering buying a dimarzio d activators. I mostly play metal like metallica, bfmv, haste the day and etc. Do they have clean tones i dont like dirty sounding pickups? Are they great for metal? Help plz! Thanks!
You don't like actives but are looking at pickups that were made to sound like actives.
It was suggested by a friend of mine. He said that it is for metal and do have a clean tone. I can accept any pickup recommendatiöns but just a passive pickups like i said im considering of buying it. dont ask me if you are not serious you are changing the topic!
Quote by Almon2011
It was suggested by a friend of mine. He said that it is for metal and do have a clean tone. I can accept any pickup recommendatiöns but just a passive pickups like i said im considering of buying it. dont ask me if you are not serious you are changing the topic!

He was asking a legitimate question...

To answer you, the activators are nice, but for the same price, the Crunchlab/Liquifire set is a better all-around set of tones. Or a d-sonic/air norton set. Always wanted to try that myself, but could never find air nortons for my 7...

Or you could cheat and get BKPs, but like I said. That's cheating.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
What's your amp?

High output pickups aren't automatically the best choice, if you've got a very hot amp you can use slightly weaker pickups for added clarity.

If you want high output though, there's a guy on UG who makes a neodymium pickup with more than double the output of the hottest DiMarzio - apparently it can damage some solid-state preamps