So, my 6505 blew up randomly while i was playing and started sparking everywhere in the back and smelt like fire ...so i used my warenty and im getting a newww one. This was right before I was about to buy a bugera cab. Now, I found the cab for cheap. It's only a hundred bucks, and in good condition, just missing the bugera logo on the front.. I play gigs with a band, and have practice, and we get pretty loud. When i get my 6505 112 again, if i hook up the bugera, will it suit me just fine? I'm not one of the people who freaks out about it sounding completely PERFECT. I dont have the money to be perfect, but a 112 isn't working with practice and gigging. So, if i get the bugera 412 and use it with my 6505, should I be able to project loud enough and be heard better during practice? And also, what ohms should i set my amp up to? I don't understand the whole ohms thing, and i dont want my next 6505 to catch on fire..its not the floor model from guitarcenter this time.
A 60W tube 112 isn't loud enough for practice?

More speakers =/= more volume!
You are doing something wrong if that amp isn't enough for practice. Whats your full equipment setup? Where are you practicing?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Sputnik1
A 60W tube 112 isn't loud enough for practice?

More speakers =/= more volume!

All I have to say is what the ****!!! I practice and gig with a 20W tube head and a/b it with a VT40+ and a couple of cheap pedals.

Both my amps are loud enough to cut it in the mix with drums. That's should be the only thing you have to worry about being able to cut past in the mix.

Edit: I use a JCA12S 1x12 cab
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Dec 6, 2011,
A 60W 112 amp can easily be drowned out by "metal" drumming. A cab will definitely help with sound projection, and being more prominent in the mix. Wattage isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to being heard.

TS - yes the cab should help. What all does your band consist of? What kind of gear is everyone else using?

Also, ohms are extremely important. You should have taken the time how to use your gear before using it. You probably mismatched, and blew up your output transformer or something.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hmm... I'm betting he is scooping his mids completely. Yes 6505's do have more than enough mids to cut through, but partially because 6505's seemed to be paired with a cab loaded full of v30's (providing an even more mid boost).

You seriously must be eqing wrong if you cannot be heard with a 60 watt all tube mid heavy amp.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Well, I had my settings on lows:8 Mids:6 Highs:7 and a half, had my gain at 6 and a half, and i had the post gain at 4 and a half, sometimes 5 and I use a boss ns2 to control the noise. It's plenty loud until the drummer starts playing. I think my problems is that one speaker isn't enough to project. So no, I don't scoop all my mids, and no, im not saying 60w tube isn't loud enough. I'm just saying with a full band, and loud drumming, i cant hear my 6505 bearly. And the other guitarist uses a peavey head(i know it's tube, but not the model) with a peavey valveking 4x12, and I hear him fine. I just can't hear myself but bearly unless the amp is pointed directly at me and the drummers barely playing. So all I am asking is, will a 4x12 help cut through the whole mix so i can be heard more distinctively, since I am playing lead. And I know the peavey has an ohms selector for 4 8 or 16. And the bugera cab is 16ohms mono so how does this work? Can I still use the peavey speaker or do i disconnect that?
I would get a better cab anyways, and knock it down to a 2x12, you don't really need a 4x12.

Also, the cab will only slightly improve your tone and the way you sit in the mix, depending on the speakers.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I would get a better cab anyways, and knock it down to a 2x12, you don't really need a 4x12.

Also, the cab will only slightly improve your tone and the way you sit in the mix, depending on the speakers.

leave it to guitarbaddie to sugest a 2x12 :/
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
leave it to guitarbaddie to sugest a 2x12 :/

yep
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I use the same amp, and gig practically every week, usually more than once (the joys of two bands).

I use more or less same EQ as you, I just have a bit less bass, cut the mids SLIGHTLY, but bring them back in with my tubescreamer (as well as tightening the flabbyness)

Also, reduce the gain to 4-5 ish (more than you'll EVER need! Trust me, I play in metalcore/deathcore etc bands) and use the post to push the tubes. Then heat the mothers up with a TS and your sorted!

NO problems cutting through at all!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
4x12 will help you immensely. I know everyone says a 4x12 won't make you louder. It will help you project and cut through. I can't even stand to use a 2x12 on a cabinet stand.. Without a 4x12 I feel so lost...

Save up more money and buy a higher quality 4x12 IMO.. It may fix your projection issue, but its gonna sound poopy.
/rig
This thread makes me laugh, with all the people who say "save for a Peavey 6505, the Bugera 6262 will catch fire!". Guess that argument is invalid now, huh?

Of course, the 6505 112 combo is a Chinese-made piece of shit like all of Bugera's lines anyway, so I guess I can't fully win in that situation.

4x12 will help you immensely. I know everyone says a 4x12 won't make you louder. It will help you project and cut through. I can't even stand to use a 2x12 on a cabinet stand.. Without a 4x12 I feel so lost... Save up more money and buy a higher quality 4x12 IMO.. It may fix your projection issue, but its gonna sound poop
I'm with this. Do save your money, and avoid Bugera cabinets. If the issue is projection and sounding wide and full than a 2x12 is not going to make a huge difference over a 1x12. Nothing has the wideness and fullness of a 4x12 cabinet. I don't care what people want to tell me, and it's not physically possible either.

If you can't save for a good 4x12, get a combo stand that allows you to project your 6505 outward so you can hear it. That would fix the projection issue but the sound won't be consistent throughout the space nor would it be very wide, but you will at least be able to hear yourself.

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/on-stage-stands-pro-tiltback-amp-stand/451011000000000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=63094729
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Dec 6, 2011,
Lets cut through some of the crap and just answer a question...

Quote by xX.Homesick.Xx
So, if i get the bugera 412 and use it with my 6505, should I be able to project loud enough and be heard better during practice?.

YES it will

Quote by xX.Homesick.Xx
And also, what ohms should i set my amp up to? I don't understand the whole ohms thing, and i dont want my next 6505 to catch on fire..its not the floor model from guitarcenter this time.

The Impedence (ohms) will be marked on the back of the Cabinet. Set the amp to match that.

wasn't that easy?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by xX.Homesick.Xx
So, my 6505 blew up randomly while i was playing and started sparking everywhere in the back and smelt like fire ...so i used my warenty and im getting a newww one. This was right before I was about to buy a bugera cab. Now, I found the cab for cheap. It's only a hundred bucks, and in good condition, just missing the bugera logo on the front.. I play gigs with a band, and have practice, and we get pretty loud. When i get my 6505 112 again, if i hook up the bugera, will it suit me just fine? I'm not one of the people who freaks out about it sounding completely PERFECT. I dont have the money to be perfect, but a 112 isn't working with practice and gigging. So, if i get the bugera 412 and use it with my 6505, should I be able to project loud enough and be heard better during practice? And also, what ohms should i set my amp up to? I don't understand the whole ohms thing, and i dont want my next 6505 to catch on fire..its not the floor model from guitarcenter this time.

Please read this. To answer your first question yes. The cab will help.

But the reason for my reply is OHMS. I would put money this is why your amp blew up. Because you did not match the ohms. This is very important and will ruin any tube amp.

You need to go to Radio Shack and buy an ohm meter. Unless you are 100000% certain the cab you have is wired for a certain ohm rating.

They must match. If your cab is wired at 8 ohms. Run your amp at 8 ohms. If you dont, then your amp can potentially blow up like it did last time.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
I think you guys are misreading his first post. He didn't even have a cab yet, based on what he said he was just playing the combo alone when it went kaboom. This had nothing to do with the ohms, just cheap Chinese components and poor design.
Yes, you are right. I re-read and that was not the issue at all. lol

I would still look into ohm matching. But I did the same for a while. Used a Peavey combo and ran it through a 4x10 cab. It did sound bigger, but Honestly youd be better off sound wise to just mic the combo.
Please please don't do this. A band in my area's guitarist spent a lot of money on a new 6505 and bought a Bugera cab to go with it. While I'm not that big on 6505's or other variants, I've not heard a sound as crappy as that. The guy knows how to eq as well, he used to play through a JCM 900 with a matching cab.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Yeah Bugera cabs arent the best. You could probably find a better cab on craigslist for the same price.