Page 1 of 2
Wonder which one is evil? I assume this one.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by AgainstYou

Depends on which one has more people with goatees.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Don't they find another planet they call Earth's twin every few years or so?

Yes. It's a misleading headline to get people to give a shit.
PM me for newts
Quote by Wisthekiller

You stole my thoughts exactly
This is rather pointless, because it will take at least several millenia to ever get close to that planet.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Ah well, ha .. I've never really payed attention to any news at all, especially about astronomy or whatever .. I saw this earlier when i'd just woke up, their headline took advantage of me in my vulnerable state.
Quote by Wisthekiller

I haven't been aware of this. Confirmation of discovery isn't the same as discovering something new.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
According to that article, mars is hospitable. Not that I've been there, but there's something about a bunch of dust that doesn't come screaming home to me.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
According to that article, mars is hospitable. Not that I've been there, but there's something about a bunch of dust that doesn't come screaming home to me.

Habitable =/= hospitable
PM me for newts
Quote by AgainstYou

lol
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
There's a new one of these every month, (or a new article about one,) but we'll never be any closer to finding alien life. We'll probably never find anything more interesting than 'theoretically this planet might be situated in a zone where it might just get enough heat from it's sun - which may or may not be as hot we think it is - so that it might or might not be able to have liquid water, - if it has any water at all - which may or may not be the key to life as we know it.'

I actually do think that there's some form of alien life out there somewhere. I just doubt we're going to find it on one of the many 'earth-like' planets we've 'found.'
Quote by Butt Rayge
There's a new one of these every month, (or a new article about one,) but we'll never be any closer to finding alien life. We'll probably never find anything more interesting than 'theoretically this planet might be situated in a zone where it might just get enough heat from it's sun - which may or may not be as hot we think it is - so that it might or might not be able to have liquid water, - if it has any water at all - which may or may not be the key to life as we know it.'

I actually do think that there's some form of alien life out there somewhere. I just doubt we're going to find it on one of the many 'earth-like' planets we've 'found.'

True, for some reason I think alien life would find us before we would find them.
Quote by StewieSwan
Habitable =/= hospitable

Okay you're right. We'd have to build little bio domes for it to be habitable. I suppose if it was hospitable we could set up camp and sing kumbaya as soon as we step off the ship, right?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
It depends on what you class as an 'Alien' life-form I guess.. to a lot of people it's something that isn't a Carbon based life-form (like us) .. I think I heard somewhere they discovered some kinda species somewhere that is a Sulphur based life-form .. so technically you could say that's alien.
Quote by Butt Rayge

The more planets they find like this the more data they can collect to figure out if any of them support life. And you can't blame them for making excitable articles about it with fancy artist renditions of said planets to generate more interest.

Though I'm waiting for one of them to slip and use a Starcraft 2 loading screen planet.
Quote by Blimpy19
It depends on what you class as an 'Alien' life-form I guess.. to a lot of people it's something that isn't a Carbon based life-form (like us) .. I think I heard somewhere they discovered some kinda species somewhere that is a Sulphur based life-form .. so technically you could say that's alien.

Never heard that but I know they found an arsenic based life too in california. It literally didn't have carbon in it's DNA.
Quote by bastards

Okay you're right. We'd have to build little bio domes for it to be habitable. I suppose if it was hospitable we could set up camp and sing kumbaya as soon as we step off the ship, right?

Once someone starts the 1.5 million year old alien reactor under the Pyramid Mine on Mars, it will become hospitable.
I think there's probably life in some form or another on a lot more planets than we know/realise/care to think. In our lifetimes, we'll probably never get a decent reading on planets like Neptune or Pluto, never mind other galaxies hundreds of light years away.
So I've given up being that interested in what they find really, unless it's a giant silver disc with pretty lights heading straight for us from outside the solar system.
I will listen to these jerks when and ONLY when they report someone staring back at them through a telescope on "earth's twin".

That's be hellacool yo.
Another Green World - Brian Eno. Boo yah
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Basti95
I will listen to these jerks when and ONLY when they report someone staring back at them through a telescope on "earth's twin".

That's be hellacool yo.

For some reason that made me think of this
Quote by AzureNight
Once someone starts the 1.5 million year old alien reactor under the Pyramid Mine on Mars, it will become hospitable.

Doom 3 reference? Not sure...
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Doom 3 reference? Not sure...

Doom is all about dat teleportation dem UAC bros be messin' wit.

BRB calling doomguy just in case.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
As much as I like learning about space and stuff, everyone reporting a possible second Earth that's so far away it's not even funny, is ****ing useless. Cool it could possibly sustain life, not cool, we'll never ever be able to ****ing get to it.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Even though theres been so many reports of earthlike planets, I still get supers excited when i hear about stuff like this. I wanna go to space so bad
cat
Quote by sglover34479
Never heard that but I know they found an arsenic based life too in california. It literally didn't have carbon in it's DNA.

I'm almost certain that isn't true. Arsenic isn't even chemically similar to carbon.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I'm almost certain that isn't true. Arsenic isn't even chemically similar to carbon.

iirc it used arsenic instead of phosphorous in its DNA
cat
Quote by guitarxo
iirc it used arsenic instead of phosphorous in its DNA

I believe that was later shown to have been a misunderstanding, but don't quote me on that.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
No, they found a planet in the habitable zone, they still don't know if it's made of rock or gas or whatever.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

They've found plenty of potentially habitable Earth-like planets. The problem is distance.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Page 1 of 2