Page 1 of 2
Born in 1956, Randy Rhoads would have been 55 today. He is one of the main reasons that I started playing guitar 30 years ago. Too bad we really only have 2 albums (3 if you count the live one, and the Quiet Riot stuff is garbage), of him to listen to.

Show your appreciation for one of the truly great guitarists in rock history.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
who?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by StewieSwan
He was mediocre. Yeah I said it.

You're an imbecile. Yeah, I said it.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
RIP. It certainly shouldn't be a national holiday though.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by maker's marked

I just don't get the hype. I've never seen anything of his that really blows me away. Feel free to try and change my mind.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by maker's marked

I said it!!
"I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed. "
B. B. King

Quote by slash_GNR666
I prefer to play with your mother

But I suppose guitar will have to do
He was alright. I was not a fan of him though. Sad how he died though.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I tagged a picture of Randy as God on facebook this morning and didn't even know it was his day. Truly a gifted man
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Lots of legendary guitarists are dead. Why don't we just make holidays for them all?
ggg1 ggg3

R.I.P. I have a poster of him on my wall playing at St. Georges Hall... where ever that it is....

EDIT:

Quote by behind_you
Lots of legendary guitarists are dead. Why don't we just make holidays for them all?

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
I just don't get the hype. I've never seen anything of his that really blows me away. Feel free to try and change my mind.

You have to consider the time when he came out. Before Randy, most guys were Pentatonic blues-based players. Randy's theory/classical background, and his technique were beyond what anyone was doing at the time. Uli Roth, Michael Schenker, and Blackmore were close, but I think Randy took it to the next level.
I suggest you listen to "Mr. Crowley", "Revelation (Mother Earth)", and "Diary of a Madman" if you're looking to be impressed. Both albums he did w/Ozzy are great though.

It is a national holiday already! The Finnish independence day!
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by StewieSwan
He was mediocre. Yeah I said it.

You reckon you can play better than him?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by maker's marked
listen to "Mr. Crowley", "Revelation (Mother Earth)", and "Diary of a Madman" if you're looking to be impressed. Both albums he did w/Ozzy are great though.

Still not impressed. People like Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola were also around at the time and they could both play circles around Randy. Innovative for heavy metal at the time? Sure. Technically gifted? Lolno

Quote by stealstrings

Not gonna get into this dead-end argument.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
Still not impressed. People like Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola were also around at the time and they could both play circles around Randy. Innovative for heavy metal at the time? Sure. Technically gifted? Lolno

Then there is no hope for you

Not gonna get into this dead-end argument.

In other words, NO.

Quote by StewieSwan
Still not impressed. People like Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola were also around at the time and they could both play circles around Randy. Innovative for heavy metal at the time? Sure. Technically gifted? LolnoQUOTE]

[QUOTENot gonna get into this dead-end argument.

In other words, NO.

Quote by maker's marked
In other words, NO.
So what if he can't lol

stratkat
Quote by StewieSwan
Still not impressed. People like Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola were also around at the time and they could both play circles around Randy. Innovative for heavy metal at the time? Sure. Technically gifted? LolnoQUOTE]

In other words, NO.

TS.........

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Mad, no...I just have a very low threshold for stupidity.

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by maker's marked
Mad, no...I just have a very low threshold for stupidity.

I made a fair point and you dodged it. And you have the gall to call ME stupid?

Edit: Thank you
V
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 6, 2011,
Randy Rhoads' level of technicality doesn't even come close to legendary by today's standards

EDIT: Where as Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Allan Holdsworth and others...
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Last edited by Flibo at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by Flibo
Randy Rhoads' level of technicality doesn't even come close to legendary by today's standards

Yet if you put most of these guys in Randys era, they would probably only be good enough to play crazy train at a party.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by StewieSwan
Still not impressed. People like Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola were also around at the time and they could both play circles around Randy.

add to that John McLaughlin, Shawn Lane, Jimmy Bryant, Joe Pass, Chet Atkins, Allan Holdsworth, etc. tons of country, jazz, classical, flamenco, and fusion guys really.

Quote by stealstrings

the "if you're so good, you do it better" argument is one the most asinine things ever. but you haven't seen Stewie play ever, have you?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by slash_GNR666
lolmySpace

someone made a claim of the same video on youtube so its down, best i can do now =/
Quote by Draken
More importantly Roy Orbison died on december 6th.

I prefer Roy myself.
Quote by StewieSwan

In other words, NO.

Honestly though, by the same logic of "hurr durr you can't say someone's bad if you can't play like them" then I can just as easily say "hurr durr you can't say someone's that good if you can't play like them".

So, can you?

And while we're on retarded sub-arguments that apparently have weight on the issue; are you in a band touring with established acts?

Besides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gMgK7h-BA
That guy > Most guitarists alive or dead
Oh look let's make a national holiday for every musician people ever hero-worshipped. While we're at it there should be a national holiday for the creator of polystyrene foam and for the dude who first had the idea to elasticate underwear.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Oh look let's make a national holiday for every musician people ever hero-worshipped. While we're at it there should be a national holiday for the creator of polystyrene foam and for the dude who first had the idea to elasticate underwear.

This one should really happen, and on that day we only wear underwear.
Page 1 of 2