Man, these guys are underrated IMO. Their live performances were killer back in their prime. What are your thoughts on this band?
what do you mean back in their prime? their live performances are still killer :P
i love them too though, billy gibbons is one of the most underrated guitarists i can think of, waitin' for the bus/jesus just left chicago are so good
I had a rough day today, my grandfather passed away. On the drive home I said to myself,"God play some ZZ Top" I flipped the station and 'Sharp Dressed Man' came on. This really happened. My dad has always been a fan. I woke up this morning randomly watched a couple of old clips of a show from Germany in '80 and I realized just how good/smooth Billy Gibbons is. He just moved up about 15 notches on my all-time list.
I just got the Live From Texas Cd and damn its good. Legs and LaGrange are awesome,so is Tube Snake Boogie. ZZ Top are great. Have they put out anything recently?

ron666
Quote by ron666
I just got the Live From Texas Cd and damn its good. Legs and LaGrange are awesome,so is Tube Snake Boogie. ZZ Top are great. Have they put out anything recently?

ron666

Like other older bands that release new material in the modern age, their newer music is hard to recognize. Heavily detuned, very heavy sounding with lots of distortion that was never part of their classic sound.

Still one of my favorite bands. Songs like Sharp Dressed Man and Tush are ok, but I like a lot of their non-radio material.

I was going to see them a few years back, but they were touring with Aerosmith and dumb Steven Tyler fell off a stage at the show prior to the one I had tickets for and they cancelled a bunch of shows.
Great band, I have their entire collection (most of the earlier stuff on vinyl!) Saw them two summers back at Big Music Fest in Belleville, great show, one of the best live performances I've seen to date. Billy Gibbons is truly one of the all time greats. They went through all eras of their Texas Blues Rock flawlessly, and even played one of the best 'Hey Joe' covers I've ever heard, after Billy Gibbons regaled the crowd with a story about touring with Hendrix back in the 60s.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage