Hey guys. I was trying to play a solo and it had a palm muted riff in it. But when I try to play it, it doesnt sound the same. The riff is in on the A,D and G strings but when i play a note on the G string the note becomes sharp. What do I do?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Don't press your palm so hard on the bridge?
You said you'll never be younger than you are tonight.
Now I've never felt weaker in all of my life.
You said it's only a one off, only a line.
But, now it's a circle all of the time.
Stop trying to strangle your string when muting... if you have a floyd rose or other floating style bridge... back off completely and mute like a fairy... it helps. If its a standard thing and flat against the body... you are truly pushing too hard on your mute.

Or your string is out of tune.
Is it possible that TS is touching the string in such a way that creates a harmonic? Or can that not happen at the bridge?
If TS was able to alter the pitch of the G string (THE STRING WITH THE MOST TENSION) he'd be a karate master not a guitarist lulz. I believe he's either PMing at the wrong place (like just above the humbuckers which by itself is quite awful if you're doing the riff in the solo) or he's just put his treble setting on a more than average setting.
rest your palm closer to the bridge while muting
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Ok guys thanks I'll check it out! Intonation is perfect btw!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.