Hey all, I always had trouble getting a mix right with background screaming in rock songs, where someone is singing, and there are faint screams in the background on certain lines...anyone have an tips for getting that faint mix but still having them noticeable?

Thanks
Just a suggestion, try adding some reverb to give it some space and make it feel like it's further in the mix yet keeping a central pan and a fair volume.

Iv e never done this before tho. Just an idea like that.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Dec 6, 2011,
I always try to keep it low and have verb but not overpowering verb.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Hopefully the faint screams in the background are part of the act 'eh
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Dec 6, 2011,
Double track the scream parts,, compress the shit out of them, then pan them a bit L/R, maybe 15% L/R from the lead vocal with a touch of verb then bring up their volume until you're satisfied.
Let's party.
send your vox through the verb aux and adjust the level to taste. they'll have more verb than the leads b/c theyre bups
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Place a low-pass filter over the screams to cut the highs (this creates the illusion of distance) and hard pan them. Add reverb to taste.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
subtractive eq
compressor
slight delay
verb
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by Odirunn
Double track the scream parts,, compress the shit out of them, then pan them a bit L/R, maybe 15% L/R from the lead vocal with a touch of verb then bring up their volume until you're satisfied.

That is the method I tend to use, too.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.