The TV thingy.

I watch it every week because it provides adequately entertaining accompaniment to my home-alone lunch. It's pretty fun, gets extremely gory but there's always something fappable in an episode.

Anyway, it's only been airing recently in Italy so idk if i'm lightyears behind everyone else in any case, discuss!
I like it, I've watched all of season 1. I really like the midget.
I don't watch it, but I felt like posting in this thread.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Yeah, that was a while ago

I've watched it through 3 times now, and am half way through the 5th book.

I'll just leave this here too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE12H1HorUU

The 5th book is terrible, the fourth one was pretty bad, but the 5th one just killed the series for me.
Damn you TS, I thought the creation of this thread meant that season 2 was coming up. You're light years behind. But I must agree, the show has consistently fappable content in every episode.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by son_of_bodom
Damn you TS, I thought the creation of this thread meant that season 2 was coming up. You're light years behind. But I must agree, the show has consistently fappable content in every episode.

It'll be around in the springtime, at around the same time of year as the first aired. From what I hear, they've nearly finished filming.

Quote by rob904
The 5th book is terrible, the fourth one was pretty bad, but the 5th one just killed the series for me.

I liked them both, but I agree they could have been better. The main problem with the fifth was that it was lacking an ending; there were a couple of climactic sequences that were pushed to the start of the next book by GRRM's editor because she thought the book needed cutting down and that it was strong enough without them. It would have been much better if they were in there. There were other things that could have been cut quite easily.
Great series. The last few episodes were a bit boring or "NO! YOU ****ER! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" and I kinda felt the end of the last episode coming. Still great, though. I'm just wondering how ****ed everyone is because of Daenerys Targaryen and her you-know-whats. And the last episode sent everyone in a different direction, eager to see how that turns out.
Quote by FryingNemo
And the last episode sent everyone in a different direction, eager to see how that turns out.

If only there were some sort of literature version that came out years before the TV series was made. That would be pretty gratifying.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
It'll be around in the springtime, at around the same time of year as the first aired. From what I hear, they've nearly finished filming.

I liked them both, but I agree they could have been better. The main problem with the fifth was that it was lacking an ending; there were a couple of climactic sequences that were pushed to the start of the next book by GRRM's editor because she thought the book needed cutting down and that it was strong enough without them. It would have been much better if they were in there. There were other things that could have been cut quite easily.

I don't like how the author is resolving certain plotlines. If he doesn't think it's going anywhere his strategy seems to be A) kill the character B) introduce a new character or C) disfigure the character to introduce a new element. It's like he's taking conflict resolution lessons from Stephen King, only a lamp has gotten haunted from being on an old indian burial ground and killed everyone yet.
I sort of felt ashamed for watching the TV series before reading the book. I made up for that by reading through the rest of the books in very little time though

I wonder if they will televise all the books, or if it will be the next Rome.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by wyldething
If only there were some sort of literature version that came out years before the TV series was made. That would be pretty gratifying.

Oh you.

I decided against reading them. I like reading, but I don't have a whole lot of time for it. Besides, I'm a big fan of cinematic presentation.
Quote by entity0009
I sort of felt ashamed for watching the TV series before reading the book. I made up for that by reading through the rest of the books in very little time though

I wonder if they will televise all the books, or if it will be the next Rome.

I think HBO learned a bit of a lesson from Rome, because they regretted cancelling it after seeing how strong the DVD sales were.

The show runners are certainly planning to do the entire series. I read an interview with Charles Dance earlier (who plays Tywin Lannister), and there was some mention of plans for Season 3 already in place.

Quote by FryingNemo
I decided against reading them. I like reading, but I don't have a whole lot of time for it. Besides, I'm a big fan of cinematic presentation.

A shame, because as good as the TV series was, it couldn't come close to being as good as the book.
Quote by rob904

I actually don't get all the bad press about them.
A Storm of Swords was easily the best so far, but the next 2 weren't bad. People just expect this to be an action filled epic fantasy series, which it's not. It's a character driven political...account really.
There's no clear cut beginning, middle or end, no clear cut good or evil, or clichéd predictable resolutions. The 4th/5th book just slowed down the pace and focused on what the characters were actually up to and why, which I really liked.

It could make for some confusing screenplay though, unless they cut it into 2 seasons and intertwine the storylines because the books are technically set at the same time.
Yeah, they're definitely going to 're-combine' AFFC and ADWD into one long book when they come to figuring out how to film it.

If I had to make predictions, I'd say that season 3 will be the first 2/3 or 3/4 of A Storm of Swords, and they'll finish that one off at the start of season 4 before beginning the AFFC/ADWD plotlines.

Actually, now I think about it, the Iron Islands plotlines from AFFC are chronologically happening at the same time as ASOS anyway, so they might shift them accordingly.

As for how many seasons they take to do AFFC and ADWD, I think they could quite easily only get the same amount of screentime as ASOS does. I can see them cutting a lot of material from those two books.
by anyone you should mean everyone. If you don't enjoy this show, then i am herby revoking your personhood
I just remembered, I'm annoyed right now - over here they're rereleasing the whole series in hardbacks with covers in the same style as the A Dance With Dragons one. I've got the first four in the paperbacks, but the thought of having a matching hardback set is very tempting...

If I'm willing to pay about 15 quid for each one that is. It's not bad really, but still it comes to £60 for new issues of books that I already have.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I just remembered, I'm annoyed right now - over here they're rereleasing the whole series in hardbacks with covers in the same style as the A Dance With Dragons one. I've got the first four in the paperbacks, but the thought of having a matching hardback set is very tempting...

If I'm willing to pay about 15 quid for each one that is. It's not bad really, but still it comes to £60 for new issues of books that I already have.

Yeah, same. They are very nice.
If I had that money though, I'd spend it on the special editions