So I need to get my boyfriend a portable amp for christmas...but I don't really know much of anything about guitars...

So I was looking at two different ones, the Danelectro Honeytone or the Pignose 7-100..

So can someone tell me which is better and if the honeytone is infact portable? Cause I'm not really sure. Also, if there is an affordable ($50 range) portable amp that's better, I'm all ears

One more thing, so if I get this and some xbox live points for him, is that a good enough christmas present?
Of those two, I would take the Pignose, but to be honest, they're not really that great. They're more like toys than legitimate amplifiers.

If you can afford this, I recommend it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vox-Mini3-Modeling-Guitar-Amplifier-Ivory-/110788453419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb81a42b

It is portable but has a wide range of much better sounds. It usually goes for 99 dollars but sometimes you can find a good deal.

But either way, I think it's a pretty awesome present.
You won't find anything good for 50$, please consider another gift

Something that will be really good, your BF will appreciate a really good non-musician gift than a budget amp
Last edited by Zeletros at Dec 6, 2011,
Roland micro cube, but it depends on your budget.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
consider a vox amplug.

it's really the most usable thing under $50.

you plug it into the guitar, and plug headphones into it. makes for a good quiet practice.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The amplug's cool: I assumed she wanted somethin with a speaker for buskin and such tho.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
I have a Pignose . It takes 6 AA batteries. I have had some fun on it but It's a problem to bring anywhere and construction is disappointing to be hard on my stuff and avoid using it because i know i will break it . I randomly picked up a Supro Mini Smokey amp about $35.00 it is so much fun and only takes one 8volt battery and has impressive sound for fitting in my hand ... We ended up buying one for each guitar case and I made one into a belt buckle. The sound is high gain but you will love this little amp if you want a portable.... I think your boyfriends a lucky guy ...and this is a great gift !
I second the mircocube or the amplugs.

The microsoft points would be good but I'd say get him gold membership. The only good thing about the points are the add-ons for games which he may not want. Everyone wants gold membership, you know he'll use it.

Or just get him this:

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Used ibanez tone blaster.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Quote by JKHC
I second the mircocube or the amplugs.

The microsoft points would be good but I'd say get him gold membership. The only good thing about the points are the add-ons for games which he may not want. Everyone wants gold membership, you know he'll use it.

Or just get him this:

he will never leave you if you listen to this man
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Thank you to everyone that replied I found a bunch of great bids on ebay. Thanks for all the advice and again, I really had no idea what to look for so this really helped.
And btw, rubbersoul was right about the amplug,

Hope everyone has a good holiday
gregs1020, gtfo. I don't need a pervert on this thread. You want pics, go get a ****ing girlfriend if you think you can manage that.
Quote by kcybug
gregs1020, gtfo. I don't need a pervert on this thread. You want pics, go get a ****ing girlfriend if you think you can manage that.

lmao!!!

Chillout woman its just a joke holy shit!
you could always just make him a sandw.... yeah
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
fup me greg just got served
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
Oh. Snap.

What did you end up getting?

Yeah, I think you take what greg said with a pinch of salt.

Or maybe a whole handful.
RIP Adam
Quote by kcybug

(Invalid img)
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by kcybug

silly n00b
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by kcybug

so.

mom then.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.