Yes! I hate ads!
4 2%
No, I'm not wasting money on that
156 89%
What's an ug?
13 7%
Voters: 176.
Page 1 of 2
Does anybody actually pay to use UG Plus? I see that ad for it every time I come to this site but I have never even considered it.

I wonder how much money they're making off of it....
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Last edited by Lugnaz987 at Dec 6, 2011,
Nope.
I've already got Guitar Pro and an unnamed add on that blocks adverts. There's millions of backing tracks on the internet that are free, there's metronomes that are free, they've got nothing really .
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

i remember awhile back there was a thread with a poll, and the first 90-some-odd people choose the "No" option, but by the end of the poll three or four had selected "Yes."

found it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453897
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 6, 2011,

No.

Ads? Not an issue

Backing tracks? Like they have any backing tracks for bands I'm into

Tab Pro? I think UG stealing people's Guitar Pro tabs without their permission and selling them back to the users is super shady and I'd never support it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 6, 2011,
Yes. It's fantastic.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theogonia777
i remember awhile back there was a thread with a poll, and the first 90-some-odd people choose the "No" option, but by the end of the poll three or four had selected "Yes."

found it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453897

aww I actually searchbarred too..
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Definitely not, for the reasons people have already said.

I prefer to spend my money on good things.
Quote by StewieSwan

Tab Pro? I think UG stealing people's Guitar Pro tabs without their permission and selling them back to the users is super shady and I'd never support it.

I was wondering if they did this. I only ever see the option when guitar pro tabs are available. so sleazy.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Lugnaz987
aww I actually searchbarred too..

really? it was the fourth result from the top when i searched for it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You be trollin' brah. No way on Earth I"ll spend my money on that.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Quote by Trowzaa
Nope.
I've already got Guitar Pro and an unnamed add on that blocks adverts. There's millions of backing tracks on the internet that are free, there's metronomes that are free, they've got nothing really .

This. Except i use Tux Guitar.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I bought the ad-free subscription when it first came out, I'll probably buy it again, even though I use **-*****. I have no problem supporting things that I use frequently.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I have no problem supporting things that I use frequently.

i'm all for supporting UG and all, but it seems like they could be going the wrong way about it. maybe if they designed some merchandise, they could make money off of that. i recall seeing some stuff from a long time ago, and it was very tacky, but maybe if they had a contest for users to submit designs and ideas for stuff, and then it was decided by polling, and the winner could get some free merchandise or something.

i think it would be nice to have a couple of cool UG t-shirts. maybe UGers could wear them when they go to places like amusement parks or large cities, as a way of being able to be identified by any other UGer that they could randomly come across, plus it would always be good advertising for the site (if you played a show and wore it, for example). UG guitar picks or bumper stickers could also work.
Quote by theogonia777
i'm all for supporting UG and all, but it seems like they could be going the wrong way about it. maybe if they designed some merchandise, they could make money off of that. i recall seeing some stuff from a long time ago, and it was very tacky, but maybe if they had a contest for users to submit designs and ideas for stuff, and then it was decided by polling, and the winner could get some free merchandise or something.

i think it would be nice to have a couple of cool UG t-shirts. maybe UGers could wear them when they go to places like amusement parks or large cities, as a way of being able to be identified by any other UGer that they could randomly come across, plus it would always be good advertising for the site (if you played a show and wore it, for example). UG guitar picks or bumper stickers could also work.

I would love to see it happen. I'd wear one: I've always wanted to meet a fellow UGer for some weird reason.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by biga29
I bought the ad-free subscription when it first came out, I'll probably buy it again, even though I use **-*****. I have no problem supporting things that I use frequently.

+1

i kinda felt like it was a good way to donate to something ive used and enjoyed for 10 years.
its like donating when you go to a really good museum. you want it to keep going so its totally worth it.
now extra flamey
Quote by theogonia777

This
Do it UG
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by theogonia777

If there is one person I do not want to bump into in a supermarket it's a UGer.
Quote by Duffman123

I thought that were the catholics that you were afraid of.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123

You're one to talk: you obviously dress up as duffman IRL.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No because I don't have the money to spare
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Banjocal
You're one to talk: you obviously dress up as duffman IRL.

Quote by Neo Evil11
I thought that were the catholics that you were afraid of.

Oh god yes. I mean I was raised a catholic but all the standing and sitting and kneeling scares the shit out of me.
Quote by Duffman123

Oh god yes. I mean I was raised a catholic but all the standing and sitting and kneeling scares the shit out of me.

It's like Simon Says without a winner.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
It's like Simon Says without a winner.

You are rewarded with a very tasty piece of consecrated bread though
Quote by Duffman123
pic

I KNEW IT!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Duffman123

Protestants then. I had a 50%-50% chance of guessing the correct one.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theogonia777

I would cover my car in UG bumper stickers
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Duffman123
You are rewarded with a very tasty piece of consecrated bread though

nah, it just taste like cardboard.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by theogonia777

Oh yeh, I definitely agree with this. Theirs already multiple tab players and backing track sites for free. A merch line as well as some other in-site pluses would be better imo.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by StewieSwan

They don't do this, they actually buy them off of some professional tab-maker thing. When I was testing all the tabs were in French, so I assume the guy is French.
Quote by theogonia777

This, but I'd be too embarrassed to wear that in a normal situation and I don't want people to know I come here.

It would be cool to use it to recognise other users, but I think the only two regular users here besides me are fail and gyroscope and we'd probably just "ಠ_ಠ" each other. The guitar picks I'd be willing to support more though.

Edit: Running into a UGer would only be cool if it's a user I get along with and I'm already by myself.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani
They don't do this, they actually buy them off of some professional tab-maker thing. When I was testing all the tabs were in French, so I assume the guy is French.

All of the ones I have seen were direct copies of Guitar Pro tabs made by users. So yes, they are technically stolen, and resold to us, when you could get it for free.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
Quote by izbbass
I would cover my car in UG bumper stickers

Or UG guitar picks.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Nope. I have Guitar Pro, and I don't need backing tracks. When I do, I usually make my own from said GP files using VST.
Page 1 of 2