Hey everybody. I started my first year of college so i havent been on here...at all lately. What have been the most worthwhile new products in the recording world this year? I need catching up before christmas (my list is lacking). Can be anything from amp sims to interfaces.
For $2500 I'm sure they haven't sold many. Worthwhile is a relative term 'eh...

Course it does sound good - not sure if it sounds $2500 good though:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/36745-axefx-ii-clips-master-list.html
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Dec 6, 2011,
There's still a waiting list for them, actually. If I had the money, I'd totally get one.
Let's party.
Quote by strangedogs

Course it does sound good - not sure if it sounds $2500 good though:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/36745-axefx-ii-clips-master-list.html

They sell all their units instantly. I have been on the waiting list since May and my unit is only just about to come up later this month. And it definitely is worth the money.
Quote by strangedogs

I work for my friend who is the only dealer for them in Russia and the units we buy are sent to my house, so I can repackage them and send them to his store in Russia. As an official dealer, I can't even get a hold of one, because they're so backed up on orders.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm impressed! also nice to see everyone doing so well financially.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I'm impressed! also nice to see everyone doing so well financially.

It's the same price you could get one or two of the amps it models. But you get 50, plus a multitude of effects and other stuff.
maybe I'll reconsider if it's worth it... but I'm too poor right now.
Quote by xFilth
It's the same price you could get one or two of the amps it models. But you get 50, plus a multitude of effects and other stuff.

True, but you don't get a power amp with it, so if you want to play it through a cab, you have to factor in the extra grand or so it'll take to buy a nice tube power amp. At that price, you could buy pretty much every amp that you'll end up using in the unit.

The Axe-FX is cool, but there's no way in hell I would pay the price they're going for new (or used, since it's usually more right now). Once they come down to a reasonable price, they will be worth the price, but right now, unless you're a studio/tour musician playing tons of different genres and need a multitude of effects, they are pretty impractical for the normal user.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
True, but you don't get a power amp with it, so if you want to play it through a cab, you have to factor in the extra grand or so it'll take to buy a nice tube power amp. At that price, you could buy pretty much every amp that you'll end up using in the unit.

The Axe-FX is cool, but there's no way in hell I would pay the price they're going for new (or used, since it's usually more right now). Once they come down to a reasonable price, they will be worth the price, but right now, unless you're a studio/tour musician playing tons of different genres and need a multitude of effects, they are pretty impractical for the normal user.

Personally, I don't need a power amp. Going line in with a FRFR speaker (our even in the return of a back line amp) for monitoring is both incredibly convenient and consistent. And in the studio it's simply an irreplaceable unit, doing everything I need in terms of guitar and bass as well as the effects it offers.

I agree that of you're one if those people who only going to use one or two sounds and a few pedals, the axe is not for you.