Poll: What is your level of interest in UG merchandise?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your level of interest in UG merchandise?
Very High
17 12%
High
35 25%
Medium
28 20%
Low
20 14%
Very Low
42 30%
Voters: 142.
Page 1 of 2
So we all want to help out UG, do what we can to help our hardworking comrades in Kaliningrad finance the site, and all that stuff, right? What better way to do this than by being able to purchase some super cool UG merchandise? We get stuff, they get financial support, everyone's happy.

Now, I recall there being some UG merchandise a number of years back, before I was even registered here. I also recall from the pictures that none of it was really that great, some pretty tacky stuff to say the least. Now what if they made some newer, better quality stuff for everyone? I know I've seen a number of people talk about this before, so I figure why not ask for everyone's input on this, and at the very least check to see what kind of interest there would be in that sort of thing, and if there seems to be enough interest in this idea, send the data along to the Admins to see what they think about this sort of thing.

I personally would be interested in UG apparel, for example. If we had some cool t-shirts, we could all wear them whenever we go to large public places. Wouldn't it be exciting to be able to meet up with a random UGer because you noticed their UG t-shirt? I know I think it would be. I'd also be interested in getting a nice UG sticker to slap onto one of my cases. Those are just a couple of ideas, I'm sure the rest of you can think of some other good ideas.

Poll coming...

tl;dr I'm trying to find out if there is any interest in UG merchandise.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I would totally buy some. Solid Snake endorses these potential products.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I would much rather support UG with T-shirts and such instead of backing tracks and ad removal. However, if it happens, I think that shipping should be sorted out (otherwise us UKers will have an extra £15 import tax on something like a t-shirt), and also that users vote on and maybe even design the products, before handing it over to the team or w/e.

I vote for t-shirts, cd's of user content that has been previously done, stickers, dildos, mugs, hoodies, leather whips, picks, and guitar straps.

EDIT: below post - there's not a chance in hell anyone in their right mind would walk down a street with a 4chan meme on a t-shirt
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 6, 2011,
I wouldn't mind having a t-shirt or two with our own little memes.

"noddincap"
"Night of the lolwut Pear"
"I Cum Blood" (ok, not that one)
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
The most I'd buy would be a keyring or something since I never wear anything other than polo shirts.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I would totally buy some. Solid Snake endorses these potential products.
So does The Musical Ostrich™
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by rockingamer2

"noddincap"

You are the worst person in the world.
Quote by rockingamer2

"noddincap"

You're forgetting

K koo
Boob Night
Fog Machine
New Amp
Fassa

Other things.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I'd like a UG sticker to put on my guitar. I don't usually do that sort of thing, but others might.
This would be cool.
I would buy some stuff especially those UG Dildo's banjocal mentioned.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
This sounds like a really good idea. They've got an online magazine, column writers, electronic albums, they should start a whole brand name. Guitars, guitar accessories, clothing, this could be big if they really wanted it to and if the people would support it, like good little UG'ers should.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by izbbass
You're forgetting

K koo
Boob Night
Fog Machine
New Amp
Fassa

Other things.
Holy shit I'd love a shirt with this on it:

ggg1 ggg3

This is going to be like that time when everybody said they'd totally buy UG Plus and then realised they could just pirate guitar pro and get adblock and then nobody bought UG Plus.
Not very low. Like, nonexistent.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Banjocal
I think that shipping should be sorted out (otherwise us UKers will have an extra £15 import tax on something like a t-shirt)

I can definitely see that sort of thing as being very problematic.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Sure but UG will probably put ads all over it and then I won't want it anymore....
Quote by Butt Rayge
This is going to be like that time when everybody said they'd totally buy UG Plus and then realised they could just pirate guitar pro and get adblock and then nobody bought UG Plus.

Why pirate Guitar Pro when you could use Tuxguitar? I still support the merchandise idea. Add 'various musical software' to the list of merch.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
The last time we did this about 5-6 years ago, I was the only one to buy something. I bought a UG coffee mug.

Handle broke off a few years back, I guess I could use a new one.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by jono034
The last time we did this about 5-6 years ago, I was the only one to buy something. I bought a UG coffee mug.

Remember, there are a lot more active members now. 5-6 years ago excludes 07's and up, which comprises a lot of the people that still get on.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
I totally want a UG dildo and a Fog Machine FSHHHHH shirt
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
UG brand fog machines

EDIT: A black UG hoodie with the logo on it would be cool
Last edited by LostLegion at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by jono034

5-6 years ago UG had a fraction of the members it does now, not to mention that the merchandise wasn't exactly advertised very well or for very long, for reasons that I was once told but have now forgotten.
UG should have a store.

If only we had a missile silo
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I would totally buy a fog machine shirt.

FSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'd be interested in the Pit merchandise, but not really UG in overall.

Like, t-shirts that say "what you really need is a new amp" and k koo-keyrings and stuff

edit: and that ^
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
inb4 the originators of the memes sue for royalty's
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Simsimius
I would totally buy a fog machine shirt.

FSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by CoreysMonster
5-6 years ago UG had a fraction of the members it does now, not to mention that the merchandise wasn't exactly advertised very well or for very long, for reasons that I was once told but have now forgotten.

Of course the site has grown, and no where in my post did I say I was against it. I was just pointing out that it did not work last time through. Like I said, I could use a new coffee mug.

The problem was that the average age of the UG member was roughly equal to the amount of income per week/month they make. 5-6 years ago most 12-13 year olds did not own a cell phone either. So I say get with the times UG!
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Why pirate Guitar Pro when you could use Tuxguitar?

Because it is inferior.
Can't say I'd care enough to rep this place on clothing.

Unless they had really cool designs, but most likely not.
Naw i'm not telling anybody I go here
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by metaldud536
You can make a shirt with running gags about using UG Black and UG classic

Holy shit, I just came back to this thread to edit my above post to say something like this.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Idea: You reckon we could get back in touch with that lad who made that super sweet t-shirt (you all know the thread I'm talking about) and get that made as part of the merch?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Page 1 of 2