Hey I'm looking to upgrade to a tube amp mainly for practice at this point. I have a few ideas. I've been looking at the vox ac4tv or maybe the Blackheart bh5(bh5 is used). Also, I could get a crate club 20 used for like $150. Any suggestions? If I got the vox, I don't think it would be worth getting it new because there is a Fender blues jr used for $300 at my local guitar center, so that's an option too. Any suggestions would be helpful. I play mainly any kind of rock or country, and I have other stomp box effect pedals so i'm not really worried about which one has the highest distortion.
My gear:

Fender Highway one Telecaster
Squier Strat (highly upgraded)
Ibanez Rg120
Various effect pedals
Fender Fontman 65r guitar amp
Alvarez rd4102c acoustic-electric guitar
vht special/ultra 6 would be worth a look, too (haven't tried the ones you mentioned apart from the blues junior)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
vht special/ultra 6 would be worth a look, too (haven't tried the ones you mentioned apart from the blues junior)

i own the ultra and its not a bad amp especially for the price. it has nice cleans and there is a little bit of breakup on the crunch channel (not a whole lot, definitely needs an OD to do anything with it)

All in all its a nice little amp and is pretty versatile with the right pedals. i think on of the only things i don't really like about it is that the 2 channels are NOT foot switchable. you have to change inputs in order to go from clean to crunch.

it takes pedals very well though and i run all of my right through the front of the amp. because its only 6 watts, the clean channel has some breakup when you really crank it and that causes some mud when using a distortion box over the clean channel. but nothing crazy.
Get the Blues Junior.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by andrerist
i own the ultra and its not a bad amp especially for the price. it has nice cleans and there is a little bit of breakup on the crunch channel (not a whole lot, definitely needs an OD to do anything with it)

All in all its a nice little amp and is pretty versatile with the right pedals. i think on of the only things i don't really like about it is that the 2 channels are NOT foot switchable. you have to change inputs in order to go from clean to crunch.

it takes pedals very well though and i run all of my right through the front of the amp. because its only 6 watts, the clean channel has some breakup when you really crank it and that causes some mud when using a distortion box over the clean channel. but nothing crazy.

wouldn't an a/b box work to switch channels? might be worth a try (assuming it'd work) if it's annoying you that much. they shouldn't be that expensive.

Quote by Cathbard
Get the Blues Junior.

yeah probably
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+2 on the blues jr.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have the AC4TV and have tried the blackheart.

Go with the blues jr.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Dave_Mc
wouldn't an a/b box work to switch channels? might be worth a try (assuming it'd work) if it's annoying you that much. they shouldn't be that expensive.

yeah probably

yes, the a/b box would work and i intended on getting one i just having gotten down to purchase the extra cables and the box
ah ok

a man after my own heart, i take ages to get round to doing anything too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?