Hey guys - I hope this is the right place to post this -

I'm looking to get a DI box for my guitar, so I can begin to properly record music to my computer.

Budget is not really relevant, but I hopefully don't want to spend much more than 200 on this, and I'd prefer new over used but again, it's not that important

For what it matters, my computer is a Macbook, and I'm intending to use Garageband / Logic Studio to record with, so something compatible with that (though I'd assume they would automatically be)

If there's any more information you need then just say

What would you recommend?

Thanks
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
If you're looking for a plain, vanilla DI, try the ART DTI. I have a pair of them here and they work great.
kylendm here on UG made one. Looked great. Not sure if he would make you one but evidently, they are not too difficult.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491070

Otherwise, I recommend something from www.taweber.com
Last edited by fly135 at Dec 6, 2011,
A 'DI box' is not what you you need. The bit of kit used to get a guitar into your computer is called an audio interface.

M-Audio, Presonus, Focusrite, Lexicon, Line6 etc are some if the main brands to look out for.
^ ha ha

that is what I thought at first, but when he said 'properly' I assumed he need some load handling capability for power tube saturation. If not. Good catch. I recommend a Line 6 UX1/2. It inlcudes Pod Farm

Quote by demonsheep
I'm looking to get a DI box for my guitar, so I can begin to properly record music to my computer.