so i run my kramer -> rocktron banshee 2 talkbox -> mxr distortion+ -> Pod 2 -> PA

and it sounds pretty cool when i have that going with an sm57 as my talkbox mic.

ANYWAY i wanna bump up for a solo, so i can cut through the mix. would using an MXR Micro Amp work in my set up to give me a bit of a volume boost?
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
i use the boss ge7 for this precise reason, you can boost the highs as well as volume and you can fiddle with the sliders till your happy
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
would a bost work well into a pod though?
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Quote by supersize
would a bost work well into a pod though?

I don't see why not. It's not going to react like a tube amp, but it'll make you louder and boost the frequencies you want if you grab an EQ for your boost.
so just an eq pedal and maybe bump u the mids and highs?
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
i use a Sparkle Drive as a clean boost, it allows you to also dial in some or all of your clean tone into the overdrive. I use a GE7 for lowering my volume similar to the volume knob on my Guitar sense i run my Bassman jumped so i like to have it right on the edge of breaking up and slightly saturated, the GE7 lets me lower the gain so its clean again for softer songs.

I'd just use the volume knob, but i hate the treble loss so the EQ lets me dial back in some high end when i lower the gain with it.