48 24%
I have never been suicidal and am afraid of death
44 22%
I have never been suicidal and am not afraid of death
83 42%
Voters: 196.
Page 1 of 3
Sup Pit,

I see a lot of people in The Pit talking about how they either have been or are currently suicidal and I was wondering if they're still afraid of death in every day life. If you aren't afraid of death could you post if you know why this is e.g. Near death experience, losing someone you live, some random thing etc etc
Not really. I wouldn't like to die right now but I'm not afraid of it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No. If I was I wouldn't play mafia.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I've had, like, one or two near death experiences, but I suppose that's just how life is. I'm not really afraid of death. I just don't want to die in some horrific manner. I already saw A Perfect Circle live, so I think I can die happy.
POST RAWK
I certainly wouldn't welcome it, but I'm not afraid of it either. I mean, it's gonna happen someday anyway, can't spend my life avoiding it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
part of me wonders if some suicidal tendencies spring about as a result of anxiety over death. for example, there is part of a population of gay men who purposely get infected with AIDS at "conversion parties." my gay friends told me there was some psychological basis in it wherein the fear and anxiety of getting AIDS is so overwhelming that they will do it just to get it over with. sounds weird. but i wonder if the same is true of SOME suicidal thoughts.
#DTWD
Nope. I'm not trying to be some badass or something, but I see nothing to be afraid of. Once you're dead, there's nothing to worry about.
Quote by rgrockr
I certainly wouldn't welcome it, but I'm not afraid of it either. I mean, it's gonna happen someday anyway, can't spend my life avoiding it.

Some people would say that our entire lives are spent avoiding death >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Cavalcade
ftfy

Are you saying that you're afraid of dying or trying to correct me?
On a rational basis I'm not afraid of death. I think it's pretty irrational to be afraid of death, and generally speaking on a day to day basis I would say "death doesn't bother me". However, I think it is a perfectly normal human thing to non-rationally always be driven to avoid it. If a car almost hits me, or someone came at me with a knife yeah I think I'd be scared.

However, on the other hand I would describe myself as having vaguely suicidal tendancies. I think if there was a button I could just press so I wouldn't wake up again, or so life would just end, I would have died a while back.
I might have somewhat have a desire to be dead, but not enough of a drive to commit suicide.
Afraid of old age........all those creaking joints and bent backs.........yikes
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Eh, I'm not. I look both ways crossing the road, but at the same time I wouldn't really mind if it were to happen. I'm fairly apathetic to it due to various experiences. That being said, I hate pain and I'm a right nancy, so while I don't fear death, I'd probably run from a potential cause.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 6, 2011,
I'm more afraid of being horrifically injured and crippled for life than I am of dying.

I also don't fear the afterlife, because there is none, and if there was I'm pretty sure God is a bigger cunt than satan so I'll probably have a good time in hell.

That being said, I'm not ready to die. I don't want to die. My life is pretty boring but I definitely want to live. I guess you could say I'm afraid of dying.
Dying is the end result of being born. Were you afraid to be conceived? I have no desire to die today. Or any time soon. But some day I will welcome its embrace.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
not really scared but i dont want it to happen anytime soon mostly becasue of all th ethings i want to see

edit
this come from almost dying a few times...living a "try eveyrthing once before you die" lifestle probabay shortens your lifespan a bit...
Last edited by supersac at Dec 6, 2011,
Like said before, death no. Dying, yes.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I couldn't give a **** if I died right now, I'm not scared of dying, just how shitty my family would feel about it.
Quote by Jackal58
Dying is the end result of being born. Were you afraid to be conceived? I have no desire to die today. Or any time soon. But some day I will welcome its embrace.

But would you be afraid of it happening right now?
Quote by devourke
But would you be afraid of it happening right now?

Fear no. Regret yes. We haven't fulfilled that fantasy of yours yet.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I attempted suicide twice when I was a teenager. I had suicidal thoughts nonstop for years (and I mean nonstop). I ended up just making peace with who I was and that I am going to die eventually. I will be ready for whenever the Grim Reaper comes to pay a visit.
Not suicidal and never have been. Not worried about dying either. Have plenty of time before that happens. If it happens earlier than I hope then oh well
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by MiserySignals11
I attempted suicide twice when I was a teenager. I had suicidal thoughts nonstop for years (and I mean nonstop). I ended up just making peace with who I was and that I am going to die eventually. I will be ready for whenever the Grim Reaper comes to pay a visit.

Battleship and Twister dude. The keys to immortality.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
No.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
everything happens for a reason, so there's no point in avoiding anything purposefully. if the time's right then it's my time to end my journey.
Quote by moscaespañol
easily the most depressing thing i've seen today.

and i saw a kid drop his ice cream.
Quote by Jackal58
Fear no. Regret yes. We haven't fulfilled that fantasy of yours yet.

I'm saving my load for you Jackal
No, but I think I'd be pretty pissed if I died now.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've got to go sometime
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've got to go sometime

I knew this was coming
Not even in the slightest bit. It's something I came to terms with in absolution about a year ago.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by MiserySignals11
I knew this was coming

indeed. i do share the viewpoint though
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by primusfan
part of me wonders if some suicidal tendencies spring about as a result of anxiety over death. for example, there is part of a population of gay men who purposely get infected with AIDS at "conversion parties." my gay friends told me there was some psychological basis in it wherein the fear and anxiety of getting AIDS is so overwhelming that they will do it just to get it over with. sounds weird. but i wonder if the same is true of SOME suicidal thoughts.

Unlikely. I would say that nearly every single case of suicide is merely what appears to be best way to end whatever is causing so much suffering. David Foster-Wallace once put suicide as something that a person *wants* to do as someone who is in a highrise that's on fire and *wants* to jump out of the window. People jump out of burning buildings because the alternative is to stay inside a room filled with smoke and unbearable heat and eventually flames which will burn them alive. To a person who is suicidal, endless suffering seems unavoidable; suicide just seems to be the best of two options.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

This may spark contraversy.

I have been suicidal. And i still have periods of suicidal ideaology. I'm not afraid to die. I hate my life.

Its a long list, granted. But If i filled in my resume, finished with my writing projects to the point of masterpiece, spent a holiday with my friends and did a couple of good gigs, my life would be complete. Kill me right there.

The only thing that is really stopping me is how much i love my friends and family. The tremendous grief i'd be leaving behind for everyone who knows me is all that stops me from doing it. I love them too much to let them go.

But that is it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 6, 2011,
I've never been suicidal. I hardly ever think about death either, but once every so often I think about it and I'm like "fuck".
I am confused religiously so yes I am
I was suicidal not so much now though.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Page 1 of 3