So, yeah, what the title says. But always after I play a song, it drops almost a half step down. My fine tuner wont go any lower.. I just changed from Ernie ball reinforced .10s to the regular .10s a couple days ago when it started happening, if that helps at all. Never done this in the few years Ive had this.. Where is the problem at?
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Your neck might be out of adjustment. Put your fine tuner in the middle then unlock the nut and retune your guitar. Then relock the nut and just go fucking crazy on the whammy bar, retune it and do that again. If it keeps going out of tune it might be your neck.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Your neck might be out of adjustment. Put your fine tuner in the middle then unlock the nut and retune your guitar. Then relock the nut and just go fucking crazy on the whammy bar, retune it and do that again. If it keeps going out of tune it might be your neck.

Well, it must be my neck. Just went out of tune again, so how do I fix this? Dont know much (anything) about the Truss rod..
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by MidniteHaze
Well, it must be my neck. Just went out of tune again, so how do I fix this? Dont know much (anything) about the Truss rod..

Is it just the high e going out of tune?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Is it just the high e going out of tune?

Yep, just the high e. The rest are fine.
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

Quote by MidniteHaze
Yep, just the high e. The rest are fine.

With your nut locked, pluck the high e, and then press on the string behind the nut. If the pitch changes, than your nut is slipping. Alot of times this is the reason for single strings going out of tune.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
With your nut locked, pluck the high e, and then press on the string behind the nut. If the pitch changes, than your nut is slipping. Alot of times this is the reason for single strings going out of tune.

Nope, didnt change pitch at all. Could there be something worng with the saddle?
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

Quote by MidniteHaze
Nope, didnt change pitch at all. Could there be something worng with the saddle?

There could be, but it would pop out eventually. Has this happened on multiple high e strings or just this one?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
There could be, but it would pop out eventually. Has this happened on multiple high e strings or just this one?

Actually, using Daddarios a while back, the e string broke every 2 weeks (at the ball end). Then I switched to .10s, Ernie Ball and the reinforced strings at the same time. And the problem went away. I never knew which of the 3 were the fix. So i just put back on regular EB 10s saturday.. Idk, im 45 min from the nearest guitar store, and dont have the money to pay for smoeone to look at it, nevertheless the price to fix it..

Also, when I bend or play the 22nd fret with this string, is makes like, this out of pitch squeal then goes silent. If this helps at all or anything..
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

Hmm, It could just be a dud string.

The problem with the 22nd fret just means the string is to low, or the 23 fret is slighty raised. Take a credit card and place the long across the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th fret. If the credit card wobbles any, than the 23rd fret is a little high, you fix this by tapping on it with a little rubber ended hammer, or the plastic grip on a screwdriver if you don't have the little hammer, just nothing metal that could damage the fret.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
how high are you pickups (close to strings or farther away?)
is the floyd licensed or OFR? how old approximately (bridge and guitar).
do you notice it going out of tune while playing? if so how long into song/set?

do you have it properly setup? or at least can you check to see that it is (i believe there is a thread in the stickies at the top of the page.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
how high are you pickups (close to strings or farther away?)
is the floyd licensed or OFR? how old approximately (bridge and guitar).
do you notice it going out of tune while playing? if so how long into song/set?

do you have it properly setup? or at least can you check to see that it is (i believe there is a thread in the stickies at the top of the page.

My Bridge PU is close, Neck PU is farther.
Licensed floyd rose (fastload).
It goes out of tune about after 30sec-1min solos using the high e. Or, if I touch the trem more than once..
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

something's moving.... either the ball end of the string is coming unwound, or it's moving in the nut... OR it just hasn't stretched enough...

The neck won't cause this, or high frets, although the high fret is a problem, but won't cause the problem with it going out of tune..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
something's moving.... either the ball end of the string is coming unwound, or it's moving in the nut... OR it just hasn't stretched enough...

The neck won't cause this, or high frets, although the high fret is a problem, but won't cause the problem with it going out of tune..

So, how do I stop the ball end from being unwound? Its not moving in the nut, and I stretched it more than usual this time..
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator