So I've been looking into a new guitar for Christmas this year, and I settled upon the PRS SE Custom 24 after playing it in Sam Ash and I was impressed! Just wanted to know, has anyone had any problems with one? Major problems, not minor problems, minor problems are fixable. Thanks!
Negative. Probably the most solid guitar you'll find in that price range. No kidding -- you picked a winner amongst winners.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
I have the SE Custom 22 and I have yet to have a problem. Its fallen off its stand twice (once on straight concrete) and landed right on its face and nothing happend to it. I've also, just over the 5 years i've had it, beat the shit out of it on stage and put a lot of use on it and it still sounds and plays great. Its a solid guitar man.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Thanks!! I'm extremely glad nobody has had problems with it thus far because I think my mom already got it for me for Xmas.
Just don't expect to use the trem wildly at all. It doesn't stay in tune when you use it but it keeps its tuning just fine once it's set. Pretty sweet guitar, especially for the price I paid. Good pick!
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
Excellent choice.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by ultimate-rocker
I have the SE Custom 22 and I have yet to have a problem. Its fallen off its stand twice (once on straight concrete) and landed right on its face and nothing happend to it. I've also, just over the 5 years i've had it, beat the shit out of it on stage and put a lot of use on it and it still sounds and plays great. Its a solid guitar man.

Sounds like you need a new stand
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Quote by ibanez2011

+1
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by musicman14579
Thanks!! I'm extremely glad nobody has had problems with it thus far because I think my mom already got it for me for Xmas.

Just to point out the obvious -- you've got a pretty kick ass mom! Do something really nice for her, seriously. Not all parents support the interests of their kids or have the means to do so...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
great guitars for the price.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm not a big term guy anyway, having played mostly hardtail guitars in my 3 years of playing (minus a Squier Strat) so that won't be an issue. And yea, I'll be helping out my mom for the next several years now between this and my Christmas gift last year (Fender Tele).
Quote by musicman14579
I'm not a big term guy anyway, having played mostly hardtail guitars in my 3 years of playing (minus a Squier Strat) so that won't be an issue. And yea, I'll be helping out my mom for the next several years now between this and my Christmas gift last year (Fender Tele).

Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
I went to the music shop just today looking for my Christmas gift, too. I was torn between the Jaguar HH Special Edition and the SE Custom 24. Both felt great in my hands so that was a wash.

But...when I plugged them in the PRS blew me away. Even on the bridge bucker, the Jag was really muddy but the PRS was extremely crystal and had the distorted tone I love.

Can't wait to bring it home. Gonna be sweet!
this and my Christmas gift last year (Fender Tele).

Can I have your Mum?
Lazy fact #222568405:
You were too lazy to read the number.
have had one for 2 years now, never gave any trouble and it sounds amazing. take care of that finish though! its a shame if you let it get scratched
Quote by ibanez2011

Haha well one time it was on its stand backstage at a show I was playing in and I was trying to set the PA up and pulled on a cord that was somehow wrapped around my guitar cord that was plugged into my guitar and it went down hard. I almost started crying on the spot. And the second time I was at home and somehow must have snagged the strap or something because I was just sitting and then THUD! I almost cried again because some paint chipped off but now I look at them like battle scars lol. Now I know exactly which one is mine lol.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
The biggest issue I can see is the trem with non-locking tuners. You may have to re-tune if you're riding the trem hard, otherwise they're very solid guitars.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5