This is my first smart phone and i'm unsure of which one to get.
I have verizon and they have a deal with you get a new 4G LTE phone you get double the Data you purchase, so that is a pretty great deal.
But the phones i've been looking at are the HTC Rezound (come with Beats Earphones) and the Iphone 4S(which the data deal doesn't work with). And kind of maybe the Droid Razr.
I like taking good quality pictures and videos and posting them and keeping them a lot. I like a good bit of music but not a crazy amount, just enough for a good play list. I also care about it being a good texting phone and keeping good reminders. Not a shit ton of aps but just a few, and a few just for fun.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Ibanez K-5 Fieldy Signature
Ernie Ball SUB Series Sterling Stingray 4
Yorkville XC115 Bass Cab(w/head)

"It's better to burn out than fade away"
-Neil Young/Kurt Cobain
Droid!

Cue never-ending holy war between droid and iphone people.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
For the love of getting the most objectively good phone, get the Galaxy Nexus.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Can't go wrong with any of the newest 3g-4g phones.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I have the Droid Bionic and couldnt be happier with it. As far as I have seen the Razr is basically the same phone just sleeker.
Window 7 Phones are great. The interface is butter smooth, and has an amazing music player. And over half the apps are free.
BLANKBLANK
what's the retail value of a Droid X-2? my mom got one for a penny as part of her Verizon upgrade and i told her she should sell it and keep her old phone. **** paying a minimum extra 20 bucks a month for a data plan when you don't even want it
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
iPhones have incredibly good quality cameras for phones. If thats a priority i would recommend it definitely.

I have an iPhone 4 and i prefer it to Androids but i'm sure it comes down to preference really. I also enjoy organisation from iTunes so thats a plus if it matters to you.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by lushacrous
For the love of getting the most objectively good phone, get the Galaxy Nexus.

This is all that can be said. No set release date yet, but it's coming out sometime this month, possibly the 9th.
Quote by TheChaz
This is all that can be said. No set release date yet, but it's coming out sometime this month, possibly the 9th.

Thank you. If you understand how Android works, then you'll understand why the Galaxy Nexus is the best phone.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by NBGSDLSG09
I say droid.
I once had a HTC (not sure what model) and it was completely horrible. So I recommend not going with an HTC but I'm also not sure if they've gotten better.

I'm currently using a HTC and I think it's fine. Barring the abysmal internal memory (I'm using the Desire), it's actually pretty good.
Just got an HTC EVO 3d. Pretty good so far.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I have an Iphone4, and I strongly suggest getting an Android. The Iphone is amazing, but it just doesn't have as many options in terms of utility as the droids. Having said that, droids are usually made out of terrible materials.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Don't cheap out if you go with a Droid.

I've got a Droid 2. So many ****ing problems with this phone.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Carswell98
Samsung Galaxy s2

best droid phone imo

Verizon doesn't have the S2. Get the Galaxy Nexus.
http://www.google.com/nexus/
Look at it. It's beautiful. Plus, it won't come with HTC Sense or Motoblur or the other crap that comes on android phones made by third parties. The Nexus line is 100% pure android. And I've heard the processor is easy to overclock. Wait for the Nexus and get yourself a yummy ice cream sandwich.
Quote by JayT44
Don't cheap out if you go with a Droid.

I've got a Droid 2. So many ****ing problems with this phone.

Or any Android phones in general.

Do yourself a favour and get yourself something that is dual-core or the Xperia Arc. A lot of "high-end" smartphones that came out last year are pretty choppy when running the OS. Only around the time of the Arc everything became iPhone-like smooth.

I don't know. Maybe you don't mind the choppiness, but I've always been a sucker for smooth graphics.
I have an HTC Sensation. And while it's a good phone, the Galaxy Nexus, when it comes out, will be the benchmark android phone on the market. Given that phones that came out early this past summer are still being given better overall marks than the iPhone 4S, i'd stay away from the Apple line if i was you.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Between the Rezound and the Razr, I'd say the Rezound because it has better hardware specs + on the Razr you can't pull out the battery (which is sometimes needed when rooting).

Above all though, I say wait just a few more days for either the Droid 4 or the Galaxy Nexus.
Samsung A887

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Samsung A887

I saw your username, then the phone model, and I honestly thought you were suggesting an extremely old phone until I Googled it.

Quote by Z-Shaw
on the Razr you can't pull out the battery (which is sometimes needed when rooting).

Not sure if that's your point, but there already is a working root method for the Razr.
Last edited by triface at Dec 7, 2011,
I have an iphone. Android might be the better choice, but who cares really. They're pretty much the same thing anyway.
I was thinking of getting the new razr droid, but I need to see some reviews firstt.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Have you ever used iOS or Android operating systems? They are both very capable OSes, so it truly does in the end come down to preference. So a little time with both operating systems will make a world of difference in helping your decision.

Most of the time, for people who aren't geeks, or people who aren't really aware/care about being able to control everything about their phone, I will recommend the iPhone. If you want more control and customization, id go for Android.

If you do go for Android though, the HTC Rezound will be perfectly fine. Id also give the Galaxy Nexus that is coming out this Friday a look, since you're on Verizon.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by triface
I saw your username, then the phone model, and I honestly thought you were suggesting an extremely old phone until I Googled it.

It kinda is. Still superior though

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It kinda is. Still superior though

Well, it's not extremely old. I'm talking about phones that came out in 199x or so.
Quote by triface
Not sure if that's your point, but there already is a working root method for the Razr.

Yeah.. I mean I guess a removable battery is not actually needed. If anything it gives you a backup plan in case something were to go wrong with the phone.
purely a preference thing. I've had both Android and iOS phones. I use an iPhone now, but used a Droid for a year and a half too. I'd be lying if I said that there aren't things that I really miss about the Droid (namely turn based navigation) and that I'm not tempted to sell my iPhone when the Galaxy Nexus launches, but I think for everyday use, I prefer the iPhone as it's just a smoother, more polished and consistent experience. The sync with Google mail and apps and my work exchange email and calender is really not any different than the whole Android experience in my opinion. The biggest reason I switched is because iOS is better optimized for my school/work network and I'm tied to Outlook.

If you are just going to be taking pictures, surfing the net, texting, etc. then either one will work for you. Also, unless you are someone who likes to fiddle with settings, and just want something straight forward and easy to use, then go for the iPhone (I like to fiddle and change things around and I hate how locked I am with the iPhone). For me, the iPhone was better at syncing with my Outlook Exchange and I needed something that kept track of meetings, appts, etc. on the go whereas my Droid was absolutely abysmal in this regard.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 8, 2011,