hello fellow musicians I know how to tap I play scales wall and fast gut sweeping is still out of my range. any suggestions on how to improve my chops? please don't say practice, practice, practice. my fingers are already bleeding no joke
I feel like you should chill out if your fingers are bleeding.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Practice.

Seriously, practice.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by enzo_zeb
hello fellow musicians I know how to tap I play scales wall and fast gut sweeping is still out of my range. any suggestions on how to improve my chops? please don't say practice, practice, practice. my fingers are already bleeding no joke

pics or it didn't happen.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by enzo_zeb

Maybe you should just... relax and take it easy for a few days?
Draw yourself out.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
There's this cool technique called Emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

Making me interrupt my viewing of Comfortably Numb on PULSE for this? Shame on you.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Making me interrupt my viewing of Comfortably Numb on PULSE for this? Shame on you.

I hate listening to Pink Floyd, every time I start any song by them I can NOT stop listening until I die. If I start listening to a song from The Wall, I have to listen to the whole album.... It's annoying because I have other shit to do.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

I hate listening to Pink Floyd, every time I start any song by them I can NOT stop listening until I die. If I start listening to a song from The Wall, I have to listen to the whole album.... It's annoying because I have other shit to do.

I've heard this song maybe 4-5 times today. But whenever I sit down to listen to Floyd, you're damn sure I'll listen to a full album

Or better yet, listening to a full Floyd or Gilmour concert in entirety.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Practice. Don't worry dude, there's time. You can't practice 24/7.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Take a major scale. Then play diatonic 7th chord arpeggios from within the scale, just in one octave (the 1-3-5-7 of the chord), using alternate picking. Thinking about the notes and chord quality as you do it. I can't stress that last part enough. Then, you add a second octave, still alternate picking. if you really want to sweep, you now have that capability, plus a highly developed right hand and familiarity with the scale. So practice.

And since your hands are bleeding, I'd suggest taking time to listen to something a little unusual for your tastes. While it may not be up your alley, you can still take something away from it. I'm a total jazz guy but found myself listening to some Pantera and De La Soul last night. I have a metal friend who enjoys listening to jazz, and applies what he learns from that to his metal playing. He can improvise and shred incredibly well. And also sweep pick.
You aren't practicing enough. Come back when you have worn off at least the first set of knuckles.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
just practice more, brah. If you wanna be cool, you GOTTA sweep, everyone knows that.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by doomded
You aren't practicing enough. Come back when you have worn off at least the first set of knuckles.

yeah I've gone through at least 15 but now i have these licensed chuck norris ones so i'm set intill the Jesus set comes out.

keep on rockin \m/
There's plenty of guides in the article section of this site. What every one of them says summed up is:

- Start slow and build speed gradually
- Use a metronome
- Practice just getting the sweep motion down. Forget about using your fretting hand until your picking one is used to the motion.

And take it easy. If you're bleeding or injured, take a break. No point making it so bad that you can't play for a few weeks. I've had that before, and it's not fun.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
If this post is pertaining to sweep techniques, start with sweeping just the first 3 strings. Master that and then add the next string. Repeat until you get all 6
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Whenever I get stuck, I just take a break for a few days or even a week. I get burned out if I constantly practice until my fingers are hurting, then I feel like it becomes more work then anything else.
Start with 3 string shapes on guitar pro, just play along with them on a really slow tempo and gradually move up every time you perfect the sweep on the given tempo. Then just move to harder shapes.
Use a metronome and incrementally increase the speed. Be a little more specific if you want a more specific answer.
Check out my band Disturbed