Ok so I just bought a couple new pedals for my setup. I got the boss gt-10 which is just a big multi effects pedalboard, volume control pedal, noise gate, and a phrase looper. I have the engl powerball 2 amp head.

So, the three main questions i have is,
1. Where in the effects loop do I put the noise gate, or do i hook it up right before it gets to my amp after the volume pedal

2. And If i have a phrase looper, where do I put it in my chain so that I can use my amp for distortion and not have the playback double distorted from the amp gain?

3. Lastly,with the multi effects pedalboard, Should i throw that into the effects loop or in the main chain, and would this go before or after the noise gate?

Sorry i'm sucha noob at this..haha never owned any pedals before, kinda new to it all.

if any of you could draw out how you would run everything, that would be awesome. thanks guys!
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
guitar > volume > multi > looper > gate > preamp. no need to complicate things. I've heard of people putting volume pedals in the effects loop but have never tried.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Right, but the looper, once it starts to play a looped recording, is only going to distort what its currently looping. Is there any way to avoid that?
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench