Page 1 of 2
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a354779/guns-n-roses-red-hot-chili-peppers-enter-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.html

Discuss

Hate all you want

The bands faced competition from iconic performers including The Cure, Chaka Khan and Donna Summer.

Sorry but that doesn't seem like really hard competition to beat...
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Dec 7, 2011,
The GN'R induction will be controversial. Axl won't appear, and Slash will be collecting the award while promoting his solo career or something like usual.
Quote by Jyrgen
The GN'R induction will be controversial. Axl won't appear, and Slash will be collecting the award while promoting his solo career or something like usual.

or every single ex-member tries to reunite with Axl, and the stage collapses under the weight.
Both deserving, but I can't help thinking it's too soon, especially for GNR. Just because it's long enough since they first released an album doesn't mean they should get in straight away.

I always see a HOF induction as something which should happen towards the end of a career, not just whenever you qualify.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
YES! RHCP! totally deserve it. out of the other nominees i think guns n roses deserved the other place the most but since they've been crap since slash left in 96' i thinks its slightly controversial.
well done to both bands though.
Quote by GaryBillington
Both deserving, but I can't help thinking it's too soon, especially for GNR. Just because it's long enough since they first released an album doesn't mean they should get in straight away.

I always see a HOF induction as something which should happen towards the end of a career, not just whenever you qualify.

This.

It should be for retired musicians as opposed to ones still touring, though I guess there'd be exceptions.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by GaryBillington

That's a fair point. Whilst I think that the quality of GNR's output (except "The Spaghetti Incident?") is high enough to warrant a place, I do get the feeling that they're being inducted partly to capitalise on the controversy surrounding the band (mainly Axl), and the hype that a potential reunion will grant to the award ceremony.
Quote by Ahteh
Cure deserves GnRs spot.

This.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by Minkaro
That's a fair point. Whilst I think that the quality of GNR's output (except "The Spaghetti Incident?") is high enough to warrant a place, I do get the feeling that they're being inducted partly to capitalise on the controversy surrounding the band (mainly Axl), and the hype that a potential reunion will grant to the award ceremony.

Hype is always a consideration - it sells tickets.

Agree about the Spaghetti Incident though - all their other albums are in my all time favourite list, that one is terrible
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Hype is always a consideration - it sells tickets.

Agree about the Spaghetti Incident though - all their other albums are in my all time favourite list, that one is terrible

Ach, come on, it has its' charms.
Quote by gabcd86
Ach, come on, it has its' charms.

Since I Don't Have You is the only song on that album I can stand to listen to. The rest of it is terribleness at it's most absolute.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
RHCP deserve to be in there.
GNR needs to be renamed "Axl Roses's Circle Jerk".
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by GaryBillington
Since I Don't Have You is the only song on that album I can stand to listen to. The rest of it is terribleness at it's most absolute.

Axl's accent on Down on the Farm makes it worth the price of entry alone.

And dat guitar in Ain't it Fun.
Quote by BeefWellington
RHCP deserve to be in there.
GNR needs to be renamed "Axl Roses's Circle Jerk".

If the Chinese Democracy album had been released under a different artist name, everyone would have loved it. I agree it's not GNR anymore, but they're still good.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington

Really? Along with 'My World' that's my least favourite GNR song.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Really? Along with 'My World' that's my least favourite GNR song.

Agreed on My World (wtf is that shit). Thinking about it though, I think there are a couple of songs on the Illusions albums that are no better than on Incident - Shotgun Blues and Right Next Door to Hell spring to mind.
Quote by gabcd86
Agreed on My World (wtf is that shit). Thinking about it though, I think there are a couple of songs on the Illusions albums that are no better than on Incident - Shotgun Blues and Right Next Door to Hell spring to mind.

Agree about those two (and My World - WTF was that!!), but I'd also add Garden Of Eden to that list. It's a shame, because aside from those few songs the Illusion albums are both in my all time top 5 list (mostly because of the awesomeness of Estranged, Coma and November Rain...)
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Dec 7, 2011,
both of them suck and the hall of fame is a joke
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by gabcd86

But its an awesome tune!??!?

Both of these bands are awesome so no problems with this. Hope Izzy shows up the cool mo'fo
Sunderland AFC
The HOF sucks ass because they're not inducting my favorite Finnish Blackened Progressive Speed Metal bands
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by jakesmellspoo
both of them suck and the hall of fame is a joke

I smell a troll.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by hendo123456789
But its an awesome tune!??!?

Both of these bands are awesome so no problems with this. Hope Izzy shows up the cool mo'fo

This. Izzy is a freakin' beast.
To the whole "Neither of them deserve it"/"GnR Don't deserve to be in there".

Compare things like Under the Bridge and Sweet Child O Mine to anything the competition has done.

Based on fame (as in, the Hall of) there aren't two bands more deserving to be in there. Sure they've recently not been as powerful as they used to be (GnR more than RHCP who are still on top from...well...as top as they can be without Frusciante), but they definitely deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.
Cool, but still no Rush.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Cool, but still no Rush.

True, but there are probably dozens of bands you could say that about.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Page 1 of 2