Poll: which country has the worst drinking culture?
Poll Options
View poll results: which country has the worst drinking culture?
England; its in our blood :angel:
77 29%
America; nobody does it like us :cool:
35 13%
Neither; its either Scotland, Ireland or Samoa. they can chug antifreeze like its nothing :eek:
89 34%
I'm a lightweight. when I drink it usually ends up like :puke:
7 3%
Men who can't handle their drink should be ashamed :rolleyes: *chugs everclear*
15 6%
I never understood all the love for booze..there's much better drugs :p:
18 7%
Who cares, I'm thankful for the drinking culture. you know how much pussy i've gotten? :waldo:
22 8%
Voters: 263.
Page 1 of 4
America or England? who has more of a love affair with booze?

in terms of social acceptance, from the rate of weekend warriors to hardcore alcoholics. which country of people generally gets more wasted than the other?
England. Binge drinking. On a regular basis.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Are we counting Ireland?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
England, but you're all pussies and I can outdrink each and every one of you.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
I would imagine England since they can drink at an eariler age and Americans are not a very social country overall.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Most Americans will choose to drink shitty beer, so I can't realistically give us the edge. I'd like to, but I can't.

Definitely worse than England.

Granted neither are the best.
Obviously Russia. Their stats show they have the highest alcoholism rate. I'm sure their nearby countries aren't too far behind either.

The governments work out deals to provide their people with excessive amounts of alcohol at cheap prices. One of my old teachers toured Europe back in the day. He went to some country similar to Russia, I'm not sure if it was one of their old oblasts or whatever you call them. Anyways he said you'd walk into a store and there would be walls full of liquor and only one wall with bread, milk, cookies.... The liquor was actually cheaper than the bread and milk combined.
Bitches don't know about the frightening extent of my nations drinking culture:

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Either Ireland or Scotland.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^lolUganda

Edit: Actually it's pretty tragic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by metalblaster
Obviously Russia. Their stats show they have the highest alcoholism rate. I'm sure their nearby countries aren't too far behind either.

Alcoholism is more widespread in the US. Binge drinking =/= alcoholism
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
duh ... Australia
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
The English don't even know how to drink properly. Scotland beats both hands down.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
The English don't even know how to drink properly. Scotland beats both hands down.

Hence the "problem"
Australia, for sure.
GEAR:
Jackson JS30KE
ESP EC 401FM
Ibanez RG 321MH
Peavey 6505+ 112

Brice HXB 405GL2TS
ESP B154DX
Ampeg BA-108

TC Electronics Polytune
Vox Classic Wah
Quote by oracles
Australia, for sure.

im pretty sure America is more hardcore with the booze than Australia
Quote by killjoy_bentley
im pretty sure America is more hardcore with the booze than Australia

Australia parties 24/7 with no shirt and rugby shorts. Get on their level chump.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Speaking from experience, I moved to Manchester recently, and people from Northern Ireland definitely drink more
America's probably more in line with the worst prescription drug usage. Both "legal" and illegal. I say "legal" because terrible doctors prescribe people (who don't need it) gigantic bottles of Oxys and Amphetamines. The war on drugs is a joke. Doctors are the real drug dealers. End rant.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Why is America on the list? I thought it was common knowledge they can't drink for shit
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
My country doesn't even have a proper drinking culture. lol religious bullshit
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Based on people I know, Australia?

And I'm the lightest lightweight ever
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 7, 2011,
Czech has the highest alcohol consumption per person in Europe but theirs is good. As best I can tell from the week I was there they drink up until a point then they are sensible when they start to get to the point of drunk.

I'd say the UK because so many people drink just to get wasted so much its actually kind of embarrassing. Although that said I am going to do that on New Years, but that is for personal reasons.
Last edited by naw2 at Dec 7, 2011,
Can't speak for the UK since I've never been there but Australian teens makes most heavy American drinkers look like sissies.

In the months I was in Aus I was with young gals prolly no older then 23ish, not one of em over 130lbs out-drink just about anybody I've known to be a heavy drinker back home.
Quote by BlackVoid
Can't speak for the UK since I've never been there but Australian teens makes most heavy American drinkers look like sissies.

In the months I was in Aus I was with young gals prolly no older then 23ish, not one of em over 130lbs out-drink just about anybody I've known to be a heavy drinker back home.

In a strange paradox all the Australian people I know are lightweights which makes no sense.
England probably behave the worst when had too much to drink. Then it'd go Scotland then Ireland me thinks.

Note the title, children. Worst Drinking Culture.
Quote by BlackVoid

Hooray for Denmark being the country in the world with the highest alcohol consumption amongst young people (15-25 as far as I remember)

The stats on the picture are not right, they count from 15 and up, clearly Denmark would top that list if it was from 13 and up
LOOK!

At the post above this signature

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Since pubs close so early I can imagine british people chugging it in as fast as possible.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Poland or Ukraine if we are talking in the most depressing way in Europe I'd say.

I read somewhere that unless somethings happens Ukraine will like be down to 2/3 of their population in 30 years due to cancer and liver damages from drinking and smoking.

And wow at Uganda at that picture on the first page.

On topic. I assume England out of US and England but there are a lot of more tragic drinking cultures, Greenland is one as mentioned before.

When I was in Tokyo I was rather surprised. They are ****ing chugging them beers down. And if you're out with your co-workers you can't go home until your boss does.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Dec 7, 2011,
England; we have pissheads all over and it's part of our culture to get hammered all the time on booze twice as strong as the 'Muricans.
English drinking culture is disgusting.

The U.S. used to be a boozy place, then we got rid of it (why did we do that???), then we got depressed and started drinking again but it just wasn't the same. I'll be damned if we don't lead the word in drug usage though.
Last edited by thewho65 at Dec 7, 2011,
Coming from England, gonna have to say the Irish are the absolute worst, then the scottish, then us.

Bottom of the ladder are yank fraternatity idiots drinking a couple of piss-weak beers then getting raped every time someone mentions "sping" and "break" in a sentence.

Ive been out drinking with both Irish and Scottish people (all at once), it did not end well, they chuck it back like they're drinking orange juice.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Page 1 of 4