Page 1 of 2
Thinking of getting a Schecter C-1 Custom but they are made in South Korea or the hellraiser C1 specail which is made in Indonessia. what are the negatives about buying a guitar that was made overseas and shipped to the U.S.? My guitar instructor swears that you should never buy an overseas guitar.
Usually guitars overseas are manufactured. When guitars are manufactured, they have to fall within tolerances to be shipped which means that the quality will vary. I wouldn't ever "order" a manufactured guitar. Even if you play one in the store, there is no guarantee that thats how the one you receive will play. You should buy the one from the store you like. That way you know exactly what you are getting.

Plus a general statement like "overseas guitars are bad" is ridiculous. What about ESP? handmade in Japan. Ran guitars? custom handmade in poland.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
the only reason there'd be anything wrong with it is if the company the guitars are being made for is making them overseas in order to cut manufacturing costs to keep their profit margins high on their cheap products that aren't meant to be as good as the more expensive guitars they make in their own country - most companies do this with their budget line. it's not because they are made in places like china and indonesia that they aren't as good, it's because they aren't built to be quality instruments in the first place.

theres no reason why any country would be any less capable of producing good guitars than any other country.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Asian guitars cost less because you aren’t paying for to underwrite Slash and Clapton endorsement deals.
+ 10 on skikkaka post .

overseas doesnt mean garbage .. but yes 90 % of the junk is manufacture overseas .. but a lot of great instruement are manufactured overseas . ESP , AGILE etc.. etc.

usually a made in u.s.a guitar is not only buuild in u.s.a but use better wood , better component , better tuners etc.. . and the same company will manfuctared their entry level overseas . So yes usually , made in u.s.a usually mean a better guitar , but because all the compenent /wood are better than the overseacounterparts .

But thats not true for all . you can have a guitar that has top notch quality , craftmanship , pickup , compenent but manufacture overseas to save on labor cost .

most luthier will tell you thats its often in the final step ( fret polishing etc.. ) or set up that overseas guitars lack a bit . Buy an oversea guitar will top notch wood , pickup , electronic .. bring it to a tech .. for 50 $ , hes set it up perfectly and polish the frets a bit if something lack ( usually some minor details ) .

Youll have a great guitar at 1/3 of the price . Just look at LTD ( lower range esp ) .. they have entry level guitar ( lower number 50-200 etc..) but also higher end LTD deluxe ( 1000 series ) that really give you a wonderful guitar for around 600-700 . the deluxe series from LTD are top notch profesionnal guitar , not an entry level instruement and its manufactured in indenosia or china . instead of the Japan esp which cost 3x more .

Look at the spec and not the country of origin .

Same for AGILE .

i dont really care if my guitar was handbuilt in u.s.a or die cut in a china factory , as long as its well built with great component . i like the fact that you can now have a guitar thats 1/3 of the price of the big brand with the same spec . the crafmanship might be different , but you get the high price tag when you buy made in u.s.a .

id rather have a top of the line china instruement with top notch specs then the entry level Gibson studio faded made in u.s.a .

bottom line : Yes the cheap Iphone , IPAD imitation you can have for 100-150 $ are chinese jjunk that gonna freeze all the time and nothing compare to the real iphone IPAD .. but the real IPAD is still made in china and doesnt mean its garbage . So because its china doesnt mean its junk . unless nobody would have LCD tvs, ipod , iphone , ipad , computers etc..
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 7, 2011,
so I was at guitar center playing a Schecter C-1 custom and a schecter hellraiser C-1 specail. I liked both but the C-1 custom was made in South Korea and the hellraiser was in indoneesia or however you spell it, what should I look out for? I currently have a Schecter Damien 6 and I want to upgrade a Christmas present for myself. I really liked the C-1 Custom but didnt like the noise when you pull out the volume knob for single voice coil but when pushed in its whisper quiet no unwanted buzz. I do not want an entry level guitar anymore I want to upgrade to better sound I want a warmer sounding body then my basswood on my schecter damein 6, If you look at the C-1 custom or the hellraiser c-1 specail do you think these are going to be a good guitar that if I want to use live in the future would be quality?
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
just play it first. if its good doesnt matter where its from its good

I loved how they sounded but its a big purchase I kinda wanted some other input on these guitars
usssoldiers : wish i could help you with scecter unfortunaly ive never played their guitar .. so i dont know their range of instruement . wait for someone who knows Schecter ..

but as i said .. IF the company is in the u.s .. yes a made in u.s.a will be better .. cause the whole crafmanship and component , wood pickup , tuners etc are gonna be the best they have vs the lower range of their guitar they ship overseas . but the price tag wont be the same .

my u.s.a strat beat any mexican strat i tried .. but not because mexico doesnt know how to build a guitar , cause the wood , eletronic s, pickup etc are better . take the same meterial ship it to mexico and youll probably have the same guitar that the u.s .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by ussoldier1984
so I was at guitar center playing a Schecter C-1 custom and a schecter hellraiser C-1 specail. I liked both but the C-1 custom was made in South Korea and the hellraiser was in indoneesia or however you spell it, what should I look out for? I currently have a Schecter Damien 6 and I want to upgrade a Christmas present for myself. I really liked the C-1 Custom but didnt like the noise when you pull out the volume knob for single voice coil but when pushed in its whisper quiet no unwanted buzz. I do not want an entry level guitar anymore I want to upgrade to better sound I want a warmer sounding body then my basswood on my schecter damein 6, If you look at the C-1 custom or the hellraiser c-1 specail do you think these are going to be a good guitar that if I want to use live in the future would be quality?

That noise you hear is a trait of single coil pickups. Humbuckers are designed to prevent it. My ESP gets more hum when I split the coils. There is really no way to avoid increased noise when switching to single coil.

When I am trying a cheap or manufactured guitar (any guitar for that matter) I play every single note on the E, B, and G strings. Not shred on it, just play it. I listen for anything that sounds weird or off. Then I bend every note on those strings to make sure it doesn't fret out. Play a bunch of chords to check for buzz. If there is buzz, check the curvature of the neck since a lot of times this can be fixed by a tech.

Make sure you play it for a good while too and make sure it stays in tune.

Quote by Skysc
+ 10 on skikkaka post .

to that and the rest of your post. and agile guitars.

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Last edited by shikkaka at Dec 7, 2011,
here is one thing I am confused about, On the neck by the tuners it says made in south korea then on the mohogony body it says made in U.S.A does this mean the body was made in us and the neck in korea? I did play around with it alot It felt very comfortable playing and sounded good, I am going back down to play it some more. Wish a Schecter guy would pop in for input.
well, if you want to step out of the entry level, then you should look at the used guitar market, there are some great deals, I got a used Ibanez SZ720FM for 400 bucks in a guitar center, when back in the day was like 800 dlls new, the guitar looked in mind condition, except for some minor cosmetic flaws, u just cleaned the fretboard and changed the string and is a killer axe (except for fret inlays, but whatever).

The guitar was a tremendous upgrade from my older one, and without breaking a bank AND was made in korea. Don't regret it
Last edited by omarerosas at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by ussoldier1984
Wish a Schecter guy would pop in for input.

I have played schechter actually. I don't own one as I prefer ESP but my other guitarist owns all schechters (their mid range series) and swears by them. I think they are really good as well but I can't get away from ESP.

I don't know about the neck vs body thing. That is sort of weird. I think your assumption is probably correct. As one of the employees, they might know, but i doubt it.

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Last edited by shikkaka at Dec 7, 2011,
Not that it matters but Jerry Horton uses a C-1 Custom (but probably not one bought from guitar center lol)
Well, first to state, I'm not a Schecter guy. I don't really like the shape of the neck. But the build quality and the tone I got from a Schecter C-1 Custom... phenomenal. Seriously, they're one of the best guitars in that price category if you like the feel of the neck. The contours on the body are nice too. It's really versatile with the SD pickups and then you've also got coil-split for them, which creates even more possibilities to play with your tone. Many quality guitars come out from South Korea. The deluxe line of ESP-LTD, Schecter's top quality and affordable models...

But what you should do, is what shikkaka said, buy the guitar you played or well, at least one that is in the store. You should always get a good setup before making the purchase, too. That's what you can't do with most online stores. That's why I prefer going to a "physical" store instead.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by Sakke
Well, first to state, I'm not a Schecter guy. I don't really like the shape of the neck. But the build quality and the tone I got from a Schecter C-1 Custom... phenomenal. Seriously, they're one of the best guitars in that price category if you like the feel of the neck. The contours on the body are nice too. It's really versatile with the SD pickups and then you've also got coil-split for them, which creates even more possibilities to play with your tone. Many quality guitars come out from South Korea. The deluxe line of ESP-LTD, Schecter's top quality and affordable models...

But what you should do, is what shikkaka said, buy the guitar you played or well, at least one that is in the store. You should always get a good setup before making the purchase, too. That's what you can't do with most online stores. That's why I prefer going to a "physical" store instead.

Yes deffinitly will be purchasing the guitar at the store and physically trying it before. the one I fell in love with was the C-1 Custom sunburst color I loved the necks (I have shorter fingers its not too wide)
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by ussoldier1984
Yes deffinitly will be purchasing the guitar at the store and physically trying it before. the one I fell in love with was the C-1 Custom starburst color I loved the necks (I have shorter fingers its not too wide)

You mean the 3-tone Sunburst? Yeah, it looks great. I'm a fan of the See-thru blue though, but I really couldn't get used to the neck (I use a Gibson LP Studio, probably tells why)
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
You mean the 3-tone Sunburst? Yeah, it looks great. I'm a fan of the See-thru blue though, but I really couldn't get used to the neck (I use a Gibson LP Studio, probably tells why)

I learned on a schecter damien 6 entry (still learning but have come along way since day one) so I am used to the necks and the feel of it I liked it.
Just to clarify the sticker on the body means that the guitar was set up and inspected in the US. Schecter and ESP/LTD make their guitars overseas and then ship them to one of their shops where it undergoes some fine tuning. Then it gets sent to guitar center or wherever.
Quote by mpatton
Just to clarify the sticker on the body means that the guitar was set up and inspected in the US. Schecter and ESP/LTD make their guitars overseas and then ship them to one of their shops where it undergoes some fine tuning. Then it gets sent to guitar center or wherever.

Thanks for clarifying
This is a great thread topic!

One thing you'll hear people comment on about overseas vs. USA built guitars is the consistency. When I bought my MIM Strat I played several at the local GC before finding one that rang like a bell. But pretty much every MIA Strat I tried sounded great! I think this is more an issue with the larger companies because they do such a fantastic volume.

But take a look at Suhr. And at PRS. These companies made their mark by having the finest instruments. When they wanted to offer a lower cost instrument to introduce more people they went offshore. But read their histories (Suhr actually tells the whole story on their site -- I think PRS might, too). They went through pain-staking measures to figure out a way to offer a super high quality instrument at very affordable prices. To top it off, all of their overseas-built instruments come back to their USA factories for final inspection & setup (even if they're going to be flown back around the world for sale. And apparently Schecter & ESP/LTD do this as well (which I didn't know about until the above post).

So the consistency of these instruments is very high. I'd feel very confident buying a Korean made Suhr or PRS, having it delivered to a gig and playing it right out of the box. I wouldn't feel that way about all other brands -- unless they were American made models.

Anyway, the upshot is to play them if you can. And when you find one that plays well, buy THAT ONE if you can. You can also do some homework on the materials used in the guitar you're thinking of. For instance, I bought a MIM Strat and loved it. But soon I realized I wanted to do some upgrades. The trem & tuners needed improvement and I wanted better pups -- figured I might as well swap out the nut while I was at it. Well, for the price of all those things I could have gotten a MIA Strat, so sold the MIM one to do just that.

But with something like a Korean made Suhr or PRS, I don't have that compulsion. Maybe the Schecters are like that, too...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
nothing wrong with overseas made guitars. remember that if you live in say europe that an american guitar is made "overseas". what it really comes down to is 2 things experience in making an item (in this case a guitar) and building it to a price point.

in the first case places like china have been making guitars for a while now and have gotten better from that standpoint. much like japan did in the 70s china is starting to build some really impressive guitars (korea has an even better record). keep in mind that in the early 60s japanese made guitars were low grade junk.

the saying "you get what you pay for" really is true for the 2nd point. if you are buying a guitar that is $150 new well obviously it didn't cost much to make and uses inferior materials. companies have items made overseas because the labor is much cheaper. this doesn't always translate to less skilled though. people tend to think that american guitar companies are staffed with a bunch of "craftsman" who having been doing this forever. while that may be true of say the dept. head the people doing the actual work are often just regular people trained to do a job. the difference is often that the american guitar is made to sell at a much higher price point. this allows better grade components and workmanship (to a point). of course part of the cost is things like benifits, union costs etc not found in overseas makers. guitars made overseas to a higher price point can put more of the cost into quality parts as the labor costs are lower (whether they do or not is another story). this does make it appear that the overseas guitar is a better value.

bottom line will always be that if you like how a guitar plays and sounds it doesn't matter where it was made. a good guitar is a good guitar.
thank you everyone for your input you have really kinda given me a good view on overseas guitars, I am headed to guitar center now to go play the guitars and maybe come home with a schecter C-1 Custom. Well see what happens!!! but what ever route I go I will post pics on here of the new purchase.
Quote by Blompcube
the only reason there'd be anything wrong with it is if the company the guitars are being made for is making them overseas in order to cut manufacturing costs to keep their profit margins high on their cheap products that aren't meant to be as good as the more expensive guitars they make in their own country - most companies do this with their budget line. it's not because they are made in places like china and indonesia that they aren't as good, it's because they aren't built to be quality instruments in the first place.

theres no reason why any country would be any less capable of producing good guitars than any other country.

+1

and also i'd say plenty of overseas countries make excellent guitars- japan for a start. they don't make so many guitars, but plenty of EU-made guitars I've tried have been awesome.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

and also i'd say plenty of overseas countries make excellent guitars- japan for a start. they don't make so many guitars, but plenty of EU-made guitars I've tried have been awesome.

yep, i think the only european made guitar i've been disappointed with was a fairly recent fret king "EU" series... it was in a shop in denmark street though, so that could explain why. i think this was the same shop where i saw someone who worked there knock a whole row of tokai SGs over

i remember an italian made vox from 1964 that i should've bought, it was a lynx hollowbody... it was going for £400, which is why i think it was italian and not british, because british vox guitars are worth a lot more than that (actually, not so sure about that, correct me if i'm wrong). i think i was only 14 at the time, i thought marshalls were cool because they said marshall on them and humbuckers were the only way to sound "good", so needless to say, i thought it was a worthless piece of crap.. my noobish ways let me down.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
just play it first. if its good doesnt matter where its from its good

+1

Even if the one you play is the only good one in the world from that company, and the company was evil and has been destroyed because of great hatred, the good guitar is still a good guitar. Yeah, lots of people will wonder how you like it, because they have only seen the bad ones.

So the numbers are off a bit in the above story, but most people with an opinion have only tried a couple guitars from the bad company. What is that, like 0.0003% of their guitars? And then they make claims about the company.

Right, that was another exaggeration.
Quote by RebuildIt
So the numbers are off a bit in the above story, but most people with an opinion have only tried a couple guitars from the bad company. What is that, like 0.0003% of their guitars? And then they make claims about the company.

exactly this. in the late '50s gibson only made 1712 sunburst les pauls. if you've played one of those guitars you've only played less than 0.1% of all the ones made within that 3 year timespan. and 1712 is not a big number in guitar manufacturing anymore, that's more like limited edition quantities nowadays rather than production line quantities.

this is why i refuse to say any guitar company is "good" or "bad", because it's the individual guitar(s) of theirs that you play and make your judgement based off and you will only ever get to play a tiny minority of the guitars a particular company produces, which simply does not represent the quality of the company itself, only the quality of the individual guitar that you just played.

of course there is a certain extent where you can get an idea of the general standard of quality of a particular model, since production can be scarily consistent these days, but even then there's no way you could possibly know if you've just been unlucky enough to have played 10 of the worst ones off that production line or been lucky to play about 20 unusually good ones, unless you play every single one that leaves the factory, which is just physically impossible, unless you're working as the only QC inspector for a manufacturer that operates on a small scale, of course.

'Overseas' guitars are simply more likely to be inferior because the parts and machines that the factories are sent to work with aren't as good as the ones the US factories get to use.

The Japanese factories used to have dated machinery and plywood to work with and they were the main place for cheap import guitars. Now they're on-par with US-built guitars. Korea is the new Japan and China and Indonesia are the new Korea.

I really think in another ten years, once PLEK machines are in every factory, you won't notice any real difference between a US-built guitar and one built in China. At least no practical difference.
Well I still can not make up my mind about what guitar to get, I have spent several hours trying different guitars mainly Schecters. My max price (guitar center's prices) is 700 dollars. I have played the following, C-1 Custom, hellraiser C-1 Specail, Hellraiser, Damien solo elite 6, a PRS (didn't get much time on the PRS) There Is an epiphone Les Paul with two humbuckers for 699 I am thinking of trying but I have no clue what route to go. This is flippen harder then I expected. I currently have a Schecter Damien 6 just an entry level guitar I am wanting to upgrade to better sound
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by ussoldier1984
Well I still can not make up my mind about what guitar to get, I have spent several hours trying different guitars mainly Schecters. My max price (guitar center's prices) is 700 dollars. I have played the following, C-1 Custom, hellraiser C-1 Specail, Hellraiser, Damien solo elite 6, a PRS (didn't get much time on the PRS) There Is an epiphone Les Paul with two humbuckers for 699 I am thinking of trying but I have no clue what route to go. This is flippen harder then I expected. I currently have a Schecter Damien 6 just an entry level guitar I am wanting to upgrade to better sound

take your time and try em again until one speaks to you. you'll know when it does.
Quote by Blompcube
(a) yep, i think the only european made guitar i've been disappointed with was a fairly recent fret king "EU" series... it was in a shop in denmark street though, so that could explain why. i think this was the same shop where i saw someone who worked there knock a whole row of tokai SGs over

(b) i remember an italian made vox from 1964 that i should've bought, it was a lynx hollowbody... it was going for £400, which is why i think it was italian and not british, because british vox guitars are worth a lot more than that (actually, not so sure about that, correct me if i'm wrong). i think i was only 14 at the time, i thought marshalls were cool because they said marshall on them and humbuckers were the only way to sound "good", so needless to say, i thought it was a worthless piece of crap.. my noobish ways let me down.

(a) ah, whoops

interesting that the EU fretking wasn't that great. you see them come up occasionally on ebay

(b) i don't know anything about vintage guitars

Quote by Blompcube
exactly this. in the late '50s gibson only made 1712 sunburst les pauls. if you've played one of those guitars you've only played less than 0.1% of all the ones made within that 3 year timespan. and 1712 is not a big number in guitar manufacturing anymore, that's more like limited edition quantities nowadays rather than production line quantities.

this is why i refuse to say any guitar company is "good" or "bad", because it's the individual guitar(s) of theirs that you play and make your judgement based off and you will only ever get to play a tiny minority of the guitars a particular company produces, which simply does not represent the quality of the company itself, only the quality of the individual guitar that you just played.

of course there is a certain extent where you can get an idea of the general standard of quality of a particular model, since production can be scarily consistent these days, but even then there's no way you could possibly know if you've just been unlucky enough to have played 10 of the worst ones off that production line or been lucky to play about 20 unusually good ones, unless you play every single one that leaves the factory, which is just physically impossible, unless you're working as the only QC inspector for a manufacturer that operates on a small scale, of course.

yep, of course. I frequently say "Unless i happened to try a particularly bad/good example" when i'm talking about gear... certainly when i'm going against the consensus.

of course, if you've tried several, you have more chance of being right, but as you say, even then, you could still have tried several bad or good examples. Less likely, but still possible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Made in Japan is generally much higher quality than anything made in China/Korea/Indonesia etc.
Quote by ussoldier1984
My guitar instructor swears that you should never buy an overseas guitar.
Nonsense.

That may have been somewhat true in the 60s, but not in the slightest now. When he says 'overseas', does that mean he wouldn't even buy a guitar made in the UK or Germany?

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Buckethead, John Petrucci, Allan Holdsworth, Mushuggah and Geroge Benson don['t seem to have any problems with their 'overseas' guitars (Ibanez is a Japanese company, as is Pearl Drums).....

In the last few years, even guitars made in China (usually the cheapest) have got really quite decent. Korea, Indonesia etc turn out some great axes.

Japanese guitars are often of higher quality than an American axe of the same price.

If you're after a cheap hard rock/metal axe, check out the Xaviere XV-890 from GFS. Set neck, genuine Floyd Rose trem (not a crappy licensed one), great pickups and nice tonewoods for $240. Excellent value. They also do it in black for $189 if that's your thing.

(Invalid img)
id much rather have the TOP of the line of a import manufacturer like LTD ( esp subcompany) or agile Than having the entry level GIBSON with nothing in feature but the "gibson" has the name on the headstock .

i.e i would prefer a ESP LTD ec-1000 deluxe or the top of line Epiphone elitist or Agile 3200 over the entry level Gibson les paul jr or studio "faded" .

sorry but the Gibson studio at 799 $ look like a striped down version of a striped down guitar ( les paul studio ) .
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-junior-electric-guitar/h78034

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-studio-faded-electric-guitar

maybe they could striped down that version too to a lower cost "Gibson " for 500 $ . when is this gonna end

seem like companies like fender / gibson known that the made in u.s.a meant a lot for some people .. so they started striping down their line by having a made in u.s.a on the headstock .. but a very average guitare in feature ( and probably not the same quality control , craftmanship has their standard u.s.a line . So they used their reputation and name to built lower range but write "made in usa " knowing people will buy blindly cause of the name .

If today you can get a fender ( american highway one , or american special ) or gibson faded studio or les paul jr for 699 $ / 799 $ m its probably because the "overseas market" have start hurting their business by bringing great guitars at great prices . And im afraid the "made in u.s.a " wont mean anything soon .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 8, 2011,
Played with a PRS SE 245 today it was real nice played well and I really liked the look of it but I am going to see if they have one with hotter pickups but all in all I really liked the feel of the guitar so going to keep checking out PRS
I like imported guitars. The best guitar I have ever had was from Indonesia. Second best was either korea or china. Funny enough one of the worse guitars I have had was MIA. It probably would have been a little better had the only luthier in town had not messed with the nut. He cut the slots way too deep so every string buzzed no matter how lightly I picked an open note. The neck was not on it straight, the only way to fix it would have been to redrill the holes on the body for the neck. Other than that it was a solid guitar but I traded it off for a Ibanez GAX30 which is one of the nicest ibanez I have played. My ART100 was god awful, the pickups were weak and muddy and the fretwork was so horrible that the guitar was unplayable. I wish I still had it though now that I have the tools to do fret leveling.
I currently own a Damien 6 as well and have owned a C-7 Hellraiser in the past. If you want to get a Schecter, you might want to look used if budget is an issue. They take a pretty big hit in resell value which is good for those of us that are always looking for deals. I got my C-7 for $450 with a hardshell case and it was almost mint. Honestly, my Damien 6 has been my go to guitar for quite awhile. Even sold my Gibson Faded V because the quality was eh. If you like your Damien 6, i think you will be happy with either choice. The Hellraiser special is nice, but as i said if you go used you might find a C-1 Hellraiser for the same if not lower price.
Anyone who says overseas guitars in general are "bad" needs to swallow their pride and/or get their head out of their ass. Team J Craft Ibanezes IMO are lightyears ahead of any standard USA guitar
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by ussoldier1984
Played with a PRS SE 245 today it was real nice played well and I really liked the look of it but I am going to see if they have one with hotter pickups but all in all I really liked the feel of the guitar so going to keep checking out PRS

*cough* *cough*

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501722

I like mine
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Page 1 of 2