Yeah, my band is gonna start practising and writing some material soon, but we still can't think of a band name. any tips?

Cheers
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Fucky and the Buttmunchers
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Nipmunchers and the Fuckbutts
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Come up with something cool that's not already taken
Check out my band Disturbed
Just concentrate on the music and then one day you'll just get a spark of inspiration. If you're not gigging yet, you don't need a name.
Dawn of dinosaurs
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Genial Genitals. That will fly I tell ya
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Every time your band practices, have everyone bring in 5 band name suggestions, no matter how dumb they are. Keep doing this until finally someone suggests something good.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by The9
Dawn of dinosaurs

That's funny, I was going to suggest Jurassic Shark.

Quote by BlitzkriegAir
the best part about forming a band is naming it!

call yourselves Raised Manholes

My band almost called ourselves Manhole as a joke.
We also nearly went with Witch's Finger
Pick some words relevant to the style of music you write, play the word association game, and go from there. But don't actually start introducing yourself with that name until you start gigging. You might change it, and that'll cause confusion. If you tell people you're called "Gary and the Smoking Tumbleweeds" but then change it to "The Holy Crepes" right before your first gig, no one will know who you are.
make it something catchy, like Cannibal Corpse. alliteration and rhyming go a long way.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Aquamarine birdsong

See?

now if you can add some alliteration to that, you'd be perfect, TS. Wisteria Wizards maybe?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Arsecock.
Lactating Pigeons.
Ambidextrous Masturbation.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Crimson Crater
Byzantium Bison
Viridian Viper
Glaucous Glare
Sepia Sepulcher
Turquoise Tortoise