Poll Options
View poll results: Dad or Mom?
Dad
47 43%
Mom
63 57%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 2
Title just about sums it up,when you grew up,who inspired/encouraged/helped you the most? Mom or Dad? and if you feel like typing extra,explain why.

for all the people that didn't grow up with a Mom or Dad....I'm sorry
Dare you to be my friend ........
please?
Last edited by J-dog-Ibanez at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by J-dog-Ibanez
for all the people that didn't grow up with a Mom of Dad....I'm sorry

My dad left my mom when I was young so he had pretty much no part in my life. I wouldn't say my mom inspired or encouraged me, she helped me, sure, but the person I am today was mostly self made.....if that makes any sense.
Quote by whoomit

Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
My old man is a drunk,absent and dead beat father who couldn't even be bothered to pay his ****ing child support.So to anwer the question,mom.
Last edited by GuitarGuyNack at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by whoomit

Damn.........*edited*
Dare you to be my friend ........
please?
Both. My Dad's taught me a shitload about science, maths etc, and more importantly to keep a cool head and not let people know when you're angry, unless it's absolutely necessary. I can always trust him to keep calm even when I've done something terrible, whereas my Mum gets angry/offended at almost every opportunity. My Mum's always been there for me emotionally though, which is something my Dad is pretty much incapable of.
Dad was the authority figure in the house, mum was the gentle loving one.
They both had an impact on me, I get my non confrontational side from my mum but I also get my hardline ass-kicking side from my dad. But neither inspired or helped me, that was me learning from my surroundings and personal experiences/mistakes
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Both. My Dad's

good punctuation. This could be easily misinterpreted.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I didn't even really know my mom until I was almost a teenager.

My father was abusive and continues to this day to not understand why I left.

I like to think of my grandparents as my parents because they raised me. So my grandma because she taught me everything. Sadly she passed away last may.
Dad. I'm more like him and the only reason I get along with my mom is because she's my mom. She isn't a bad person, but if she was anyone else I'd never talk to her just because of her personality. So I spent more time with my dad and he's inspired me more.
cat
Neither.... sadly...
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Quote by shikkaka
good punctuation. This could be easily misinterpreted.

Punctuated correctly,

My dad's = My dad is OR My dad has.

Although it could very easily be misinterpreted I agree

Edit: Sorry, I assumed you were being sarcastic with the "Good punctuation" part.
Now I'm not so sure...
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by guitarxo
Dad. I'm more like him and the only reason I get along with my mom is because she's my mom. She isn't a bad person, but if she was anyone else I'd never talk to her just because of her personality. So I spent more time with my dad and he's inspired me more.

You know what, I was thinking the same thing about liking my mon just because she is my mom, I mean I really don't know how I am sooo different from her, she was the only person raising me. I guess most of the ideas/tolerance I have is because at a very early age I discovered I was an atheist and I could also say UG has some influence too

*Just realized that The Pit has been a bigger influence in me than my mom*

My dad. We've had a turbulent relationship, but he tought me that you can have anything in the world if you work for it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by J-dog-Ibanez
for all the people that didn't grow up with a Mom or Dad....I'm sorry

:/
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Where is the 'both my parents fucking rock' option?

This
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Where is the 'both my parents fucking rock' option?

Fucking this. TS sucks at making polls.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Both have done different things. I have a lot of my dad's personality and flaws so he helped me without me realizing he had first hand experience. My mom has shaped some of my outlook on life. Both my parents never stopped me from developing my personality even though I'm a little different from the rest of my family. They're divorced so they both helped me individually, not as a unit.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by maggot9779
My dad left my mom when I was young so he had pretty much no part in my life. I wouldn't say my mom inspired or encouraged me, she helped me, sure, but the person I am today was mostly self made.....if that makes any sense.

Pretty much this.

I've never known my dad, so I was raised solely by mother until I was 5 then she met my step-dad and since then I've basically raised myself and shaped my own values in life.
He's never liked me being part of the family, and that's rubbed off on everyone else in the household. Sooner I gtfo of here the better.
My dad's just a moody twat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Well growing up it was whoever hadn't spanked me that day. Now both of them are awesome.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
My mum and dad raised me as a team and I'm the most awesome mother****er going round, so I'd say they both did a good job.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
When I was little, it was mom. Mom was far more nurturing and forgiving and we were mcuch closer.
These days, while the same is all still true of mom, dad's more a model. He's angry, harsh, and we don't always get along swimmingly, but those moments typically pass. He's not 100% the man I want to be, but he's close to it.

additional info: I'm 15, male, and my parents divorced when I was so little that the only thing I remember is the time they argued about dad not getting ketchup and then him living in a different house and me going to different houses on different days.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by maggot9779

this. ಥ_ಥ.
Mom gets -100 points for the SUV.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
gramps
EDIT: oh and my uncle who came to the party after his own wedding in a full batman costume. Pretty sure 80% of my nerdiness was somehow inspired by him.
Both actually in different ways. My dad has taught me about work ethic, standing up for yourself, being confident, and basically anything else I ask him about. He really is a great role model and I strive to be like him. My mom has taught me how to get along with people and has emotionally supported me, which my dad isn't very good at. I'm extremely grateful to have both of them in my life.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 7, 2011,
Page 1 of 2