Hello guys!

Finally it was my turn to get a new guitar! I'm a fender guy, so of course i bought a fender! The exact model? A Road Worn 60's Strat Olympic White.

I've had a crush on this series of guitars for a while, at first, because i absolutely love the look of a worn guitar. But after i tried one in a shop for the first time, i realised that they played amazing too. The wear and tear they put on these guitars, makes a huge difference in playabilty aswell as sound and feel.

PICTURES! (these were all taken with an iphone in poor lighting conditions)

Specifikcations
Construkcion: Bolt-on
Scale: 25.5"
Aged alder body
Nitro finish
"C" Shape Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard 7.25" radius
21 Dunlop 6105 frets
Fender vintage style mechanics
Vintage style synchronized tremolo
3 stk. Tex-Mex singlecoil pickup's
Chrome hardware

Review
This guitar is great, the smooth worn neck and tall frets makes for an extremely playable guitar. The body is where they put all the work, its an amazing relic job. I've seen quite a few natural relic'd guitars, and this doesnt look fake in comparison.
The cracked/checkered nitro finish, and the few well-placed dings, along with the big wear and tear areas looks believable.
The metal parts got the workover aswell. On my specific model, there no rusty parts, as ive seen on other models. I kind of like that, its worn but not completely destroyed.
Pickguard and back-cover has the yellow stain from hours of playing in smoky bars, and it looks amazing.
The Pickups are over-wound tex-mex pickups, and they are damn crisp and edgy. I play mostly through the neck pickup, and i often find on strats that it is too soft and smooth. This has a more crunchy and 'lighter' sound, perfect for imitating the tone of bluesrock legends Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Rav Vaughan. The Middle pickup combined with the tone knob turned to 5 fits the more smooth blues tone, think late Clapton. I haven't yet played much with the bridge pickup.

All in all im very happy with this guitar. I understand why someone would think it silly, to buy an already worn guitar, instead of wearing it out yourself. But if you've tried em, you know it makes a huge difference in both sound and feel!
Current gear:
Fender Road Worn 60's Strat
Hohner SE35
Squier Classic Vibe 50's Tele
Yahama FG730S
Marshall Class 5
1. Happy New Guitar Day. I've been GASing over a Fender Road Worn for months now.

I'm a fender guy

That's like saying you're a guitar guy. Or that you like sex.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I think the white ones look great, but I can't really get onboard with fake wear. I cause enough myself...

Happy NGD!
Dude, where's my band?
I'm jealous. I've wanted a Strat that looks just like that since I gotten into Hendrix.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
That is a great looking guitar. All the roadworn strats I've played have been very, very good.

Does that case come standard? I thought Fenders in that price range came with bags.
Quote by Roc8995
That is a great looking guitar. All the roadworn strats I've played have been very, very good.

Does that case come standard? I thought Fenders in that price range came with bags.

The case didnt come with it, I just thought it looked better in the red case :P I got a decent gigbag with it.
Current gear:
Hohner SE35
Yahama FG730S
Marshall Class 5
Does the Road Worn series cost more than other series? I would get a road worn, but if it was more expensive than a normal one it would be the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.

HNGD anyways man that's a great guitar.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
^There's a thread on the first page right now about just that. Basically, the Roadworn has similar specs to guitars that cost the same and aren't worn, so although there's no exactly analogous non-worn guitar, it doesn't appear that you're paying much extra for the wear.

The closest guitar is probably the Classic Players strat, which is 100 less advertised retail (though it seems the Roadworn ones tend to go on sale more). The CP strat has better pickups but a poly finish and a flatter board radius, so you're basically going between a slightly better set of pickups and a more comfortable playing guitar, at about the same price. So I guess you could say the relic costs $100 retail, if you assume the tradeoff in pickups and finish is about even. Again, though, the Roadworn stuff tends to get discounted more often than the CP strats so you may not end up paying that 100.
Thats awesome..

Like others have said.. I like to "Wear" mine in myself... but with the new Poly finishes, it's almost impossible... LOL

HNGD!!!
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Acϵ♠
Does the Road Worn series cost more than other series? I would get a road worn, but if it was more expensive than a normal one it would be the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.

HNGD anyways man that's a great guitar.

As mentioned in the post below yours, there no direct non-worn version of this guitar. The closest is as Roc8995 says is probably the Classic Player Strats. Ive got one of those too, and the road worn both feels better and, in my opinion, sounds better. My CP strat is much more round and clean sounding(which is not a bad thing, just not for me). And the difference in price is minimum, and well worth it in my opinion.

Also, the nitro finish feels much better to me than the poly..

And yeah, i would like to wear it myself, but its impossible with the Poly coating most strats have. This one, even if it has a bit of a head start, im sure will get a lot of natural wear aswell, due to the nitro finish.
Current gear:
Hohner SE35
Yahama FG730S
Marshall Class 5