I've been working lately on utilizing all the knobs on my Les Pauls and one thing i have trouble with is once i find that sweet spot on the volume knob i like for rhythm, after turning it up for leads i have trouble getting it back down to where i had it.

Trying to come up with something i can place under the knob that will have a marker that visualizes where 10 is when the knob is all the way up so i can take it down to the number on the knob that sounds the best for me?

Though of washers but ugly dull grey probably wont look to hot.
welcome *bow*
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
not if you only use the top edge of your speed knobs
Ibanez WD7 Wah
I've been working lately on utilizing all the knobs on my Les Pauls and one thing i have trouble with is once i find that sweet spot on the volume knob i like for rhythm, after turning it up for leads i have trouble getting it back down to where i had it.
well if you want to go crazy... when you find that sweet spot, open up the guitar, measure the resistances on either side of the center lug, then do that for every sweet spot and get a rotary switch instead :p

alternatively, get a boost pedal for lead, they're super simple to build
Ibanez WD7 Wah
I personally use small triangles cut from electrical tape. Not high tech or anything, but it works and is cheap If done carefully, it can actually look half decent too

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
Another way to do it is to set up all knobs a like, at max volume set all knobs with the 10 at the same location, or make all the knobs numbers mean the same thing by knowing what and where zero is. Adding the pointers helps.
The little pointer indicators are great and add a classic touch. Some are installed under the top nut that holds the pot tight. So be sure you can control the pot with that top nut off. Then set all pointers and adjust the knobs as required.