Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

Well I finally have enough money to buy my "dream guitar".
I've wanted this guitar ever since I started playing guitar (16 years ago).
It has everything! Beauty, Tone, Everything!It can play any type of music that I play, and because of the lousiness pickups it can go everywhere from Rock to classical to thrash metal and blues.
I have watched and played on this guitar in my local store and I love it! but it always used to cost me to much.
But now I have the money but there's only one problem... It doesn't have a floyd rose.
Now most of you probably say that it isn't necessary but for me it is cus about 90% of the stuff I play has a whamy bar in it (Van Halen, ZZ Top, ETC...).
I thought about replacing the bridge but thats complicated and imagine a Les paul with a floyd

I seriously want this guitar, but what should I do???

Please Help!
Thanks

this is the link to the guitar:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-Guitar-Black-Beauty-NOS-2010-New-/180767339301?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a1692b325#ht_720wt_1270
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Or you could get a Bigsby.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by MatrixClaw

Or just get a guitar that actually fits your needs (Jackson SL2H, Suhr Modern, etc). A Les Paul with a Floyd is heresy!

Yeah and I think that Les Paul looks really stupid with a Floyd Rose bridge...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Dec 7, 2011,
Van Halen on a Bigsby?
Somehow less practical than Van Halen on a stoptail.

A bigsby is a non-solution here. The LP Axcess is a good choice. Another more affordable option would be an LTD EC-1000 with the Floyd, or, if you can find one, an Eclipse II FR.
You can go carvin

You can buy a few different models of LP that the gibson custom shop makes, but for the most part theyre hard to come by and cost >3500$

Other than that maybe PRS? BTBAM have a cu24 with a floyd. And PRS does some nice single cuts... But thatll prolly be even more expensive than gibson

Look into things like a stetsbar for a hardtail Lp?
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by Roc8995
Van Halen on a Bigsby?
Somehow less practical than Van Halen on a stoptail.

A bigsby is a non-solution here. The LP Axcess is a good choice. Another more affordable option would be an LTD EC-1000 with the Floyd, or, if you can find one, an Eclipse II FR.

^ Oh I'm aware of that. But if your "dream guitar" is a Black Beauty but you want to play Van Halen, you might as well have said that your dream vehicle is a tank and you want to compete in the Indy 500.

It's just not ideal. Now if he wanted to get something BESIDES a black beauty, (like a Les Paul Axcess) then that's fine. While still not ideal for Van Halen, it CAN do it.

But it's not a Black Beauty. What I basically meant is that "you should accept that a Black Beauty is what it is, and get a Bigsby if you want a bit of tremolo."
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
Or you could get a Bigsby.

A Bigsby isn't going to get anywhere near. You can get the same effect as a bigsby with a wide vibrato on your fretting hand.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I suppose. If you're locked into a Black Beauty, though, it doesn't do you any more good to have a Bigsby if what you really need is a Floyd.

What I think we're both illustrating is that either bridge option is totally impractical for the job. I was just pointing out that a Bigsby is somehow less practical, because it has the added drawback of suggesting to a person who might not be familiar with them that it might be a viable option here.

At least it's not a Gretsch hollowbody or something.
get teh les paul and also get a charvel pro mod or something like that that's not silly money?

2 guitars are better than 1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dude for the amount of money your gonna pay for a Standard Axcess Les Paul you could have a Suhr, Bernie Rico, Zachary. Endless list of Much better guitars.

No Les Paul is worth 3,000 imo
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by SimplyBen
A Bigsby isn't going to get anywhere near. You can get the same effect as a bigsby with a wide vibrato on your fretting hand.

A Bigsby isn't a Floyd Rose, but it's better than that...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by maddnotez
Dude for the amount of money your gonna pay for a Standard Axcess Les Paul you could have a Suhr, Bernie Rico, Zachary. Endless list of Much better guitars.

The point about getting a guitar from a better maker is valid, but "No Les Paul is worth 3,000 imo" just means you don't like Les Pauls.
guys, wake the hell up.

i know, crazy right?

a lot of evh stuff sounds spot on, on my les paul.

Quote by maddnotez

cool opinion bro.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 7, 2011,
Wait wait wait wait wait! Before you decide to do anything crazy like buy a Jackson or Ibanez pointy, you could get a Stetsbar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sure, but Eddie can afford a whole bunch of great guitars. If this is going to be his #1 and he really needs a good trem, he's got to have one.

I mean, there's a pickaxe in that second picture but you wouldn't really want that to be your only guitar just because Eddie's got one.

Edit: Stetsbars are complete crap. Wouldn't ever suggest one, especially for heavy use.
ZZ Top uses a lot of whammy bar action? hate to say it but if you play mainly music with a trem a LP doesn't seem like a "dream guitar" but that's just me. another option would be to look for a LP with a kahler trem. it was an option in the late 80s ( i had one)
Quote by Roc8995
Sure, but Eddie can afford a whole bunch of great guitars. If this is going to be his #1 and he really needs a good trem, he's got to have one.

from what i've read everywhere he only records with a 6 point strat trem off of a 70's strat.

there really isn't any crazy bombs from the first 3 releases that you can't do on a strat or prs vintage style trem.

i realize you didn't say floyd, but there seems to be a belief that a floyd is what's needed. it's not.

Quote by monwobobbo
ZZ Top uses a lot of whammy bar action? <edited> another option would be to look for a LP with a kahler trem. it was an option in the late 80s ( i had one)

+ all of this.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
from what i've read everywhere he only records with a 6 point strat trem off of a 70's strat.

there really isn't any crazy bombs from the first 3 releases that you can't do on a strat or prs vintage style trem.

i realize you didn't say floyd, but there seems to be a belief that a floyd is what's needed. it's not.

Agreed. Jeff Beck uses the 6-point trem too, and does just fine with it, despite beating it like a rented mule every few bars. Problem is there's not really a lot of options between a Bigsby and a Floyd on most Pauls, unless you're going to get a PRS SC.

Now that I think of it, a PRS SC with the stock trem is probably exactly the right thing here. Why am I not surprised that as soon as you show up a PRS starts to make the most sense?
funny how it makes sense.

that said, i own a fender, a gibson and a PRS. so not many people can call me a fanboi of anything anymore.
i dunno, i mean for the really crazy stuff i just prefer a floyd
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If your buying a Gibson, why not just have someone build you a LP with a trem? They're both

It's funny, I wanted to write AN el pee. Did not.

Even better, you like Van Halen, get an old Destroyer. Freaking wicked guitars, though I think it's kind of a love or hate thing. They're getting rarer and going up in value, not a bad financial decision really.
DUDE. GO CARVIN.

Realistically you can have the pearl block inlarys, gold hardware black paint and all(not 100% sure on the binding) but you can haev it essentially blak beauty spec with a floyd stock
Quote by Seanthesheep
DUDE. GO CARVIN.

Realistically you can have the pearl block inlarys, gold hardware black paint and all(not 100% sure on the binding) but you can haev it essentially blak beauty spec with a floyd stock

Picture this but with a Floyd.

Like this one.

I used the custom builder on their site and made a CS3, black with gold hardware and a Floyd. Total price $1119
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ghey is gay right?

girly hair cut, with a gibby and keyboards, in a ballet room. Not metal.

good.

he actually looks pretty sad in that pic. maybe he was learning mustang sally and couldn't get the vibe down.

dude: eddie just play the C progression
eddie: when do i twiddly twiddly twiddly
dude: you don't.
*click* pic taken.

Quote by maddnotez

Zachary? lulz
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
just to let you know (idk if anyone mentioned too lazy to read through)

but the routing for the floyd in a floyd equiped les paul would make the tone suffer a lot. the are where the wood is routed is in a crucial tone-spot.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Phoenix V
Ever considered an Agile (black) with Floyd rose? These are a nice guitar for the price. Its not a Gibby LP, but it doesnt look like the LP will fit your spec list.

Check it out

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000floyd.html

if hes ready to drop $3k on a les paul why would he go for the mid range agile -_-

Sorry for double post -_-
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
if hes ready to drop $3k on a les paul why would he go for the mid range agile -_-

Sorry for double post -_-

Because whats the point of dropping 3k on any guitar if it doesn't have what you want.

Don't underestimate Agile on price alone. They sound and play like a guitar worth much more.
Quote by Phoenix V
Because whats the point of dropping 3k on any guitar if it doesn't have what you want.

Don't underestimate Agile on price alone. They sound and play like a guitar worth much more.

im gonna go out on a limb here and say it still doesnt hold up to a gibson custom, but thats just me
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Phoenix V

Ya, I'm gonna sell my LP Custom and buy an Agile. Totally overpaid for a piece of garbage.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by maddnotez

I could not agree more. Get something special and unique for your money.

Or, buy your dream guitar and fit a Stetsbar.

So basically, what you're saying is your dream guitar ISN'T your dream guitar.

It has everything! Beauty, Tone, Everything!It can play any type of music that I play,

Well, apparently not.

90% of the stuff I play has a whamy bar in it (Van Halen, ZZ Top, ETC...).

If you're just going to to dive bombs... Get a whammy.

Don't buy a wonderful LP and wish you had a wolfgang or a strat. My recommendation for a great guitar for your styles is a Suhr with a floyd. BTW, Gibbons' favorite guitar was an LP. This is just another case of wanting something you don't need.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Page 1 of 2