I was wondering if anyone could help me out an a particular tuning for my guitar. I'm currently learning 'Friday I'm In Love' but The Cure, and according to the Wikipedia page, it was originally written in D Major, but the released version is a quarter tone higher than D major. Would anyone be able to tell me what I should tune each string to? I've currently got it tuned as DADF#AD and it doesn't sound like the track. I've also tried it in standard tuning and with a Capo on the 1st fret, Eb tuning and a capo on the first fret and it still doesn't sound right.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Quote by Natalie105
I was wondering if anyone could help me out an a particular tuning for my guitar. I'm currently learning 'Friday I'm In Love' but The Cure, and according to the Wikipedia page, it was originally written in D Major, but the released version is a quarter tone higher than D major. Would anyone be able to tell me what I should tune each string to? I've currently got it tuned as DADF#AD and it doesn't sound like the track. I've also tried it in standard tuning and with a Capo on the 1st fret, Eb tuning and a capo on the first fret and it still doesn't sound right.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Standard tuning.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Dec 7, 2011,
quarter tones are basically the notes 'inbetween' the notes and are used a lot in eastern music along with normal tones, but as the whole guitar is tuned it just sounds different. Pantera used this as well (totally different genre though )

So basically you want to be inbetween D and Eb.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
quarter tones are basically the notes 'inbetween' the notes and are used a lot in eastern music along with normal tones, but as the whole guitar is tuned it just sounds different. Pantera used this as well (totally different genre though )

So basically you want to be inbetween D and Eb.

Wow didnt know the Cure used microtones.. :P
haha, capo wont help!
Try to tune the guitar while listening to the song, or simply accept the fact that you don't have to sound exactly like a someone else.
Quote by JB95
haha, capo wont help!
Try to tune the guitar while listening to the song, or simply accept the fact that you don't have to sound exactly like a someone else.

Yeah I saw a few people on YouTube using a capo so I thought I'd try it out, it just doesn't sound the same when I'm playing along to it, but that might be because all of the other stuff going on over the top :p
Checked 2 guitar pro files. Both say standard tuning.
Download the file and learn from those?
Tuxguitar is free if you cannot afford guitar pro