My schecter blackjack's output jack is was making weird humming sounds and i had to move it around to get the sound clear. then after a couple days of doing this, i decided to try to fix it, and now the output jack is detached. what should i do? is this easy to fix. ive taught myself how to do a full guitar setup on floyd rose, but im not sure with the electronics.

does anybody know whats wrong, what i can do to fix it, where i can learn how ( a link ) , or how much this costs to fix at a place like guitar center. thank you.
Well, you say it's "out". I assume you de-soldered it, right? Simply replace it with a different one and solder it in. Done.

Not quite sure what you're looking for here.

It's pretty much a case of making sure it's attached securely (if it's loose and able to move around you could have problems) -- and if it's secure, replacing it. The only other thing I think of is if it's always been making that noise. In that case it sounds like a grounding issue, but the fact you point out jiggling/moving it makes the sound goes away sort of dismisses that idea...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
If you aren't sure, you should take it to your local guitar shop and get them to fix it. If you don't know what you're doing, you could potentially do more harm than good (especially if you screwed up the soldering).

I recently had a new jack fitted to one of my guitars for £15 including parts and labour - considering it costs so little I'd rather pay to have it done than risk screwing it up myself.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Um no. Pay nobody!

Its like 10$ for a soldering kit. Buy one. Theres two wires and one is a ground. Easy breezy.
Unless its emgs or actives then 3 wires including ground.
Then get a good diagram and go! Its too easy and you may need the kit for future repairs/ pup swaps/ whatever. Theres even youtube vids on how to do it.
Quote by StateFarmsThere
Um no. Pay nobody!

Its like 10$ for a soldering kit. Buy one. Theres two wires and one is a ground. Easy breezy.
Unless its emgs or actives then 3 wires including ground.
Then get a good diagram and go! Its too easy and you may need the kit for future repairs/ pup swaps/ whatever. Theres even youtube vids on how to do it.

That's all OK if you're good with soldering - I know I'm crap at that kind of thing, so I don't risk it!
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Oh cmon gary, unless you have tourettes its as easy as dripping a ball of solder onto a wire.
Ive used a cigarette lighter even when away from my kit.
As long as you can follow wiring schematics its very very easy.
Quote by StateFarmsThere
Oh cmon gary, unless you have tourettes its as easy as dripping a ball of solder onto a wire.

You probably mean Parkinson's...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer
You probably mean Parkinson's...

Oh yeah, duh. Damn that was stupid.
Thank you sir.

Btw BEST SIG EVER!
Last edited by StateFarmsThere at Dec 7, 2011,
Quote by hallaatyaboi
My schecter blackjack's output jack is was making weird humming sounds and i had to move it around to get the sound clear. then after a couple days of doing this, i decided to try to fix it, and now the output jack is detached. what should i do? is this easy to fix. ive taught myself how to do a full guitar setup on floyd rose, but im not sure with the electronics.

does anybody know whats wrong, what i can do to fix it, where i can learn how ( a link ) , or how much this costs to fix at a place like guitar center. thank you.

like said. you solder the black (or ground) wire, and attach it to the inner lug.

you solder the white wire and solder it to the outer lug.

unless it's got active pickups and an extra lug. in that case post back.

and in the future, please dont spin the jack.
instead remove the plate and HOLD the jack from the
inside while you tighten it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by StateFarmsThere

Doing anything practical like that gives me tourettes as I keep swearing everytime I mess it up!! Seriously, I'm useless at anything even remotely practical, so I've learned to leave these things to people who know what they're doing.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Doing anything practical like that gives me tourettes as I keep swearing everytime I mess it up!! Seriously, I'm useless at anything even remotely practical, so I've learned to leave these things to people who know what they're doing.

i know what you're saying. but in the whole mess of things,
using a soldering iron to heat then attach that wire is about
as difficult as heating a curling iron.

so ask mom or sis for a hand.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i know what you're saying. but in the whole mess of things,
using a soldering iron to heat then attach that wire is about
as difficult as heating a curling iron.

so ask mom or sis for a hand.

My Mum would probably be good at it - she had 5 older brothers, an electrician, a plumber, a carpenter, a car mechanic and a painter & decorator (all retired a long time ago now though), so she probably picked up all sorts of stuff from them!
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Take these people's advice. I sat there and watched my luthier fix one of these and it took him one minute and left me thinking "gee I could have done that." He didn't even charge me because he had recently set that guitar up and done a small repair job on my acoustic.