Would love to reply to these threads with: Hey asshole you do know that same thing is on ebay for $300 less. But i dont want to be rude.

So what do you do in this situation. Simply buy the cheaper one? Or try to talk them down?

Any constructive ways to let them know their stuff isnt worth as much?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Ask them to match the price, or you will take our business elsewhere.

/thread.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
fight the urge to say something then just buy the cheaper one and move on. I would always like to send an email asking if they were dropped on their head or have some kind of mental problem but what's the point. Anything you look to buy online there is always someone in a dream world thinking they will get some crazy amount of money. The main thing i see mostly is sellers either just see "Fender" or "Gibson" and think that means it is worth more than they paid. Or the seller doesn't take into account that the second they leave the store with their gear it is now "used" and automatically worth a minimum of 30% less than they paid.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
fight the urge to say something then just buy the cheaper one and move on. I would always like to send an email asking if they were dropped on their head or have some kind of mental problem but what's the point. Anything you look to buy online there is always someone in a dream world thinking they will get some crazy amount of money. The main thing i see mostly is sellers either just see "Fender" or "Gibson" and think that means it is worth more than they paid. Or the seller doesn't take into account that the second they leave the store with their gear it is now "used" and automatically worth a minimum of 30% less than they paid.

Yeah thats probably best. I just hate giving GC my money. Would rather it go to a forum member, but at the same time am not gonna pay $300 more.

Was just looking for ways to pm them without being insulting.
"Excuse me, my good sir, but I believe this item is horrifically overpriced. I demand that you sell it to me at a lower price or I will leave this establishment."
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by raoooos
You buy the one on eBay instead?

Yes but at the same time I really want them to know they will never sell the item.
My girlfriend does this (wants to message eBay sellers annoyed at their pricing) and I just can't get my head around it - does it matter to you if someone else wants to try and sell something for more than you believe it is worth? Probably not, and they probably don't care if it does anyway. It's their choice to put a starting/reserve price etc. and I wouldn't want someone trying to tell me what price I can and can't list my possessions for
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by maddnotez
Yes but at the same time I really want them to know they will never sell the item.

They almost certainly will.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Quote by maddnotez
nevermind dumb question, dumb thread

Hey, don't beat yourself up, man. It's only the internet.... WHERE SHAME IS FOREVER!

But seriously, some of the replies gave me a laugh. At least there's that.
Quote by Shawn1379
Hey, don't beat yourself up, man. It's only the internet.... WHERE SHAME IS FOREVER!

But seriously, some of the replies gave me a laugh. At least there's that.

I personally favored the one that said buy it on ebay instead.
When I sell something I usually overprice it just on the off chance someone buys it (I sold some really shitty shit for some incredible prices from doing this). And if no one ever bites, then you just slowly lower the price over time until someone buys it.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
When I sell something I usually overprice it just on the off chance someone buys it (I sold some really shitty shit for some incredible prices from doing this). And if no one ever bites, then you just slowly lower the price over time until someone buys it.

hmm idea for a new thread up momentarily