I'm going to start saving up for a Stratocaster body from Warmoth. I'm wondering what is the wood for a body ? Its going to be a chambered body with a F hole. The color is going to be transparent blue.
If you like the sound of classic strats, Swamp Ash. If you like modern strats, Alder. And if you like superstrats, Basswood. If you want a Les Paul-Esq sound from a strat, Mahogany.

Edit: Warmoth has a wood chart http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/BodyWoodOptions.aspx
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Dec 7, 2011,
There's not really a "best," it depends on what you'd like to achieve.

I personally like Swamp Ash, and some of the custom shop Rosewood Strats sound beautiful.
Swamp ash, with maple top, maple neck and rosewood fretboard

Sings beautifully
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
As for pickups I'm thinking of dumping 2 pickups from a John Mayer Start but I don't know what kind of humbucker I want. Any suggestions on that ?
dimarzio.com
seymourduncan.com
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.