I am considering making my own guitar, similar to a superstrat. I'm also considering equiping it with an Edge Tremolo - probably the Edge Zero - but I'm wondering if the routing is identical for all Edge tremolos. I don't have access to a template for it, but if I could use the same template as other Trems, I wouldnt need to.

I was also wondering where I could find all the parts needed for both the bridge and nut, the Ibanez website seems to have some but not all.

Also, any opinions regarding Edge Tremolos are welcome, I'd hate to put a lot into a guitar if it wont be any good.
Custom Built Soloist w/ Invader & Sustainiac - Douglas Scope 725 - Douglas Grendle 727 - Squier Affinity Series Fat Strat Electric Guitar - Dean Vendetta XM
Bugera 333 Infinium - Kustom 120 Watt Cab - POD HD500 - Ibanez V70 Acoustic
ebay, really. The original edges are excellent. No idea about edge zero's . They're all about 150-200 dollars though.

I'd personally just get an OFR as that'd be cheaper in the long run and more standardized information available on them for installation and such.
Yeah, I was definitely considering that. Edge Zeros use ball bearings instead of the blade thing, I believe, so they dont have to be sharpened. At least thats what I've read.
I've heard good things about Edge I, Mixed reviews on the rest, but the Zeros are supposed to be taking over as prestige trems.
And yeah, I was expecting to pay that much, plus a little more for the rest of the system.

EDIT:

I Think I'll go with a Floyd Rose Original or Pro, thanks for the help
Custom Built Soloist w/ Invader & Sustainiac - Douglas Scope 725 - Douglas Grendle 727 - Squier Affinity Series Fat Strat Electric Guitar - Dean Vendetta XM
Bugera 333 Infinium - Kustom 120 Watt Cab - POD HD500 - Ibanez V70 Acoustic
Last edited by Ninja0King at Dec 8, 2011,