Page 2 of 444
Quote by InanezGuitars44
(((((((((( I really wanted to be on the first page.....

Real men use 40ppp

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Looper is weak on the dd-20. We should post our current rigs.

I like the way the DD-20's repeats decay into a kinda reverb effect. I want to get a Jamman anyway.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
Ugh, I really want a Tele.

I cant decide if I want a LP or a Tele, both radically different but both are awesome.

I might just get a regular Tele and stick a hum bucker in the neck.

I love Telecasters, I don't really like using anything else to be honest.

The yellow one on the floor is a MIJ Beck (as in the anime) 68 reissue Tele. Its mainly a collectable for me, I don't play it much, just every now and then around the house. The blue one is a MIM Standard. Its my main guitar for everything. Its still all stock too. The pickups and the hardware is pretty darn solid in my opinion.

I have this on order.
(Invalid img)
So I will be adding another Tele to the collection
Going to tune this one to drop B

Quote by ppunkrokMr
The Transient...im loving the Talman!

I am actually on the verge of selling it. It needs a full setup and a new jack and its actually pretty beat up. I did that refinish on it when I got it. It had already been stripped and painted badly, so it was no big deal.
I am torn though, as I know I will probably never own one again...
Last edited by TheTransient at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by TheTransient
I am actually on the verge of selling it. It needs a full setup and a new jack and its actually pretty beat up. I did that refinish on it when I got it. It had already been stripped and painted badly, so it was no big deal.
I am torn though, as I know I will probably never own one again...

how much would you want for it?
Quote by ppunkrokMr
how much would you want for it?

More than you can afford, because shipping that bitch from Oz would cost a fortune.
dang! i didnt even think about that. fail on my part! i am coming to a point where i hate gear because i am broke. and i am broke because of gear. ehh. first world problems....
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Want to trade you DL4+cash or some other pedal for my Stereo Jamman? It's pretty much brand new.

Nahh. That'd leave me delay-less....

and we are are fully aware that no delay is 100,000% unacceptable.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by justlivin at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
More than you can afford, because shipping that bitch from Oz would cost a fortune.

Quote by ppunkrokMr
dang! i didnt even think about that. fail on my part! i am coming to a point where i hate gear because i am broke. and i am broke because of gear. ehh. first world problems....

Yup, sorry dude. I couldn't be ****ed doing international shipping on it anyways. It's way too much of a hassle.
the only people i've met from the thread are phil, john, and sam, who never posted much. hopefully i'll meet more of you eventually!

in related news, lipstick lesbian has been doing a lot of writing. we're planning on recording a full length in the early new year. the new stuff is a lot darker, and not really dream pop anymore. so taking that into account we're thinking about a name change. what are your opinions on the name finland?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
the only people i've met from the thread are phil, john, and sam, who never posted much. hopefully i'll meet more of you eventually!

in related news, lipstick lesbian has been doing a lot of writing. we're planning on recording a full length in the early new year. the new stuff is a lot darker, and not really dream pop anymore. so taking that into account we're thinking about a name change. what are your opinions on the name finland?

Out of curiosity, why Finland ?
Quote by unet

it's a nice sounding word. also the imagery it evokes seems to match the atmosphere of our new stuff. and it isn't sexually suggestive

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Posting in new thread so that I can get regular notifications to fap to.

I love stalking this shit.

I'd be devastated if you ever stopped posting in purple.

Quote by xwearesinking
it's a nice sounding word. also the imagery it evokes seems to match the atmosphere of our new stuff. and it isn't sexually suggestive

If I may make a suggestion, find a name that evokes similar images that aren't actual places.
Look into some folklore or like fantasy novels / movies / games
Last edited by unet at Dec 8, 2011,
Hey guys, new to the whole playing post-rock thing. I'd love to be able to get a band together, but alaz everyone in my small town likes metal not that thats bad, but sometimes I just wanna chill out and play some post-rock.

My Rig:

Guitars and such in sig. I also have a Digitech Bad Monkey, HomeBrew Electronics Mimic, Behringer Hellbaby Wah, a Boss HF-2 Flanger, a Profile Tuner, and a Korg AX5G MFX pedal.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by xwearesinking

I like Lipstick Lesbian as a band name.

What about Vinland?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by unet

Because Finland is exactly that, dark and fairly depressing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Any recs for bands similar to the Braveyoung/Body EP and Tunnel Blanket droney stuff?

Also some more Post-Black things (aside from the Regulars)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you dig Tunnel Blanket, go check out some Stars of the Lid. Some super awesome drone/ambient, but not as dark.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by silly hats
Any recs for bands similar to the Braveyoung/Body EP and Tunnel Blanket droney stuff?

Have you heard Devil Sold His Soul?
Pretty awesome Post - hardcore / Post metal.
Get 'A Fragile hope'.

Um.
Horseback is pretty awesome. Droney, noisey, ambient kinda black-metalley stuff.
get The Gorgon Tongue: Impale Golden Horn + Forbidden Planet
I finally just listened to Iceage's New Brigade in its entirety after putting it off for a few months (while studying for an exam) and it was damn rad. I'm not particularly interested in most hardcore punk, but I think that I could really dig the post-punk side of things. What would be a good place to start for post-punk?

EDIT: I can defo see why this album got so hyped this year, it's a damn good effort by a group of 18/19 year olds! Every time I see young people like that make good music, I have to ask myself what the hell do I have to show for playing music all these years.

EDIT2: Well, the old thread has officially been trolled to shit. How nice.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I finally just listened to Iceage's New Brigade in its entirety after putting it off for a few months (while studying for an exam) and it was damn rad.

they're pretty sick, but i saw em live a few months back, and they were beyond shit. the only good thing was the singer's attichooood, everything else just ****ing sucked. would've been revolutionary in 1976, but this is 2011 ffs. luckily the support bands were great...
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 8, 2011,
Oh yeah, I could definitely imagine them sucking live. The album has a very loose sound (I heard a few minor timing ****ups, it was recorded live after all) and I can easily see them not pulling it off as well live. Were they at least as aggressive sounding live?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

EDIT2: Well, the old thread has officially been trolled to shit. How nice.

Yeah...what the fuc.k is up with that?

Anyway...is someone doing an FAQ for this thread's first coupla posts?
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Oh yeah, I could definitely imagine them sucking live. The album has a very loose sound (I heard a few minor timing ****ups, it was recorded live after all) and I can easily see them not pulling it off as well live. Were they at least as aggressive sounding live?

aggressive is ALL they were. it was basically tuneless white noise + out of tune singing + angry frontman. everything that makes them stand out from other bands was missing, unfortunately. i'm glad i went though. the frontman was ****ing hilarious.
I posted in the old thread 739 times?
Holy shit.

Hi guys

Since my electric rig was totally destroyed, I've been playing punk folk and loldepressing singer-songwriter stuff, so there's no reason for me not to be here. (I guess I should get around to changing my sig...)
But...I like the gear pr0nz. When did you guys all get Sunns? I want..
Last edited by Led Dirigible at Dec 8, 2011,
Quote by Led Dirigible
I posted in the old thread 739 times?
Holy shit.

Hi guys

Since my electric rig was totally destroyed, I've been playing punk folk and loldepressing singer-songwriter stuff, so there's no reason for me not to be here. (I guess I should get around to changing my sig...)
But...I like the gear pr0nz. When did you guys all get Sunns? I want..

Singer-songwriter stuff is the shit. Don't leave!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Singer-songwriter stuff is like post-post rock. so you're good.

MY GOODNESS this thread is moving fast. So much work to keep up with hahahahaha.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by xwearesinking

Name it.

Oedipus Rex and the Motherf***ers.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Name your band Pretentious as Zit
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
That guitar makes her look like she's about 4 feet tall.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by silly hats

jesu, nadja, earth, the angelic process, om, teeth of lions rule the divine, boris, hyatari

what makes the braveyoung/body collab so special is that it is quite unique

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

John, she is 4 ft tall. hahaha.

I don't really see any appeal to her. OH A GIRL THAT PLAYS TEH GUITARZ AND SHITZ! Meh. Don't hate Boris, don't particularly like her. hahaha
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
John, she is 4 ft tall. hahaha.

I don't really see any appeal to her. OH A GIRL THAT PLAYS TEH GUITARZ AND SHITZ! Meh. Don't hate Boris, don't particularly like her. hahaha

Agreed. I'm not that into asian women anyway. I'm all about redheads, zooey deschanel, and blondes with freckles.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣