Quote by stradivari310
Guys guess what I finally have enough money to start prototyping HM-2s. The circuit has been designed for a while now so I'm really stoked to get this shit rolling.

jolly good work son
Quote by stradivari310
Guys guess what I finally have enough money to start prototyping HM-2s. The circuit has been designed for a while now so I'm really stoked to get this shit rolling.

Aww yiss
So today, the El Cap was better than the Carbon Copy. When I make a big rant post, just ****in ignore it cos its probably a load of bullshit haha (spur of the moment etc)

Discovered the Hold feature on it too. Lots of fun :P

Still super keen to get my hands on one of them HM2 clones dude!

Also noticed I have been posting here regularly for over two years now
Last edited by TheTransient at Aug 23, 2013,
John, nice. You know you have plenty of prototypers in the thread!

Brendan, some days things sound better than other things on different days. Ears are stupid like that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'm really glad you guys are all interested. The plan right now is for us to finish the breadboard version and make sure we like the tone stack and the feel of the controls. I also have to do the circuit board layout. Our next step after that is to build like 5 rough prototypes and give them to touring bands to abuse for a couple months. Then we'll probably launch some kind of preorder for the first run and take it from there.

And Brendan, no worries. Ears are dumb and fickle. On days where you don't like the El Cap sound, mess with the looping capabilities! You'll love it. Lo-fi pads for days.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Speaking of lo-fi pedals, a really cool drive pedal is the Ibanez LF-7. I like mine a lot. I'd be interested in seeing a highly modded version of one that's TB, more durable and has more a powerful tone stack.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LF-7 is really cool, although I've been more or less using it for my vocals. I'll probably try out Mooer's Lo-Fi Machine, it's supposedly really good.
Quote by LaidBack
Speaking of lo-fi pedals, a really cool drive pedal is the Ibanez LF-7. I like mine a lot. I'd be interested in seeing a highly modded version of one that's TB, more durable and has more a powerful tone stack.

It wouldn't be super hard to do. It's basically a bandpass filter with distortion. I could imagine a single transistor boost being fed into a really powerful EQ section with switchable clipping or something like that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'm eyeing a used Neunaber Chroma for 210 eur (235 eur new) right now... with the Pedal Customizer and potential Fave switch, the options are limitless...
Yeah man any neunaber stereo pedal can be any effect. So just find the cheapest shell haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by kolenik
LF-7 is really cool, although I've been more or less using it for my vocals. I'll probably try out Mooer's Lo-Fi Machine, it's supposedly really good.

I was wondering how to run it with vocals. Do you just have a mic that has a 1/4th" adapter, like a karaoke mic, or do you run it in some kinda loop in a mixer or something?

Quote by stradivari310
It wouldn't be super hard to do. It's basically a bandpass filter with distortion. I could imagine a single transistor boost being fed into a really powerful EQ section with switchable clipping or something like that.

Yea. It's something I have in my ideabox right now. Probably won't be putting it to use anytime soon. If you want to do a collab on it let me know! All I want is some credit

Also, I really want a Stereo Wet. Soon though....soon...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I was wondering how to run it with vocals. Do you just have a mic that has a 1/4th" adapter, like a karaoke mic, or do you run it in some kinda loop in a mixer or something?

I run it through the REM Keymaster, which is a reamper with an effects loop.
There it is. That's cool. When I have space for a PA I'll look into that. Thanks man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
If you do vocals and would like to have the guitar-pedaly freedom with adding wet signal (from guitar pedals), go for it. The blend option is also really cool, I use it for going from almost dry vocals with a touch of reverb to 100% wet. It works with any expression pedal out there.
I'd like to do vocals eventually. Plus I'm doing an acoustic thing with one of my friends who is a vocalist. It would be handy to have for when we wanted to transition to a full band setup.

Also, for some reason, I absolutely KILLED our cover of Fastball's "The Way". 90's throwback, but man, I have never sang so well in my life when I sang that song
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
the control layout seems different (mid sweep, slope etc), but its definitely worth checking out. its a vertical input model too so thats a plus.

i have a 74 JMP Super Bass and it is sounds amazing. everything i could want in an amp.
I borrowed a Fender Stage 1000 at a gig last night. I know absolutely nothing about this amp and only had time to do a quick levels check before we started but God in Heaven, it's loud. I had the master on 2 and was using the clean channel and it was still deafening...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Yeah, Super basses are amazing. Though there is little to no info about this one; it's quite rare. Some say that is sounds like the JMP SBass, some say it's different, with almost no breakup (dist tones starting over 8), some say it's to JCM 800 Lead what JMP Super Bass is to Super Lead...
Can't. That's the problem. Guess I'll have to let go that one... Thanks anyways.

Dudes, those of you who use TC Electronic Toneprints - has anyone tried meddling with the pedals through the Toneprint Editor?
Quote by kolenik
Can't. That's the problem. Guess I'll have to let go that one... Thanks anyways.

Dudes, those of you who use TC Electronic Toneprints - has anyone tried meddling with the pedals through the Toneprint Editor?

If I owned one I sure as shit would be. I could see myself throwing days into that.

Sept 7 - My board will be completed. Fromel Velvet Vice, Iron Ether Polytope and VFE Enterprise to be purchased and smacked onto a Hardcase PT1.

Then another big amp......
Lol complete
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
My board was complete. A rat, ocd, and el capistan later, it's done-ish at the moment and I'm scoping out another possible pedal while discussing getting my ts9 and ocd rehoused with a PBT guy. So yeah, lol complete.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
West, Dustin rehousing your pedals?

I think I'm going even more simpler than I was originally going to. After I sell my DE7, DigiDelay, Malekko Phase, and my 3DS I am going to get a good delay and then I should have my wah come in soon. I'm really starting to think I don't need anything else. these last few weeks I haven't even used pedals. haha
I was all set to keep my board nice and simple; distortion, tuner, chorus(occasionally) and then straight to the amp. And then my drummer and I started jamming on some more ambient stuff, and suddenly I'm back to looking at wah pedals and loopers.

I can never escape my GAS.
Yes korey

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by kolenik
GAS is omnipresent, nothing you can do about it

Hah, I'm growing to accept that. But I was looking forward to just upgrading my amp next, not juggling that + looper + wah.
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
Hah, I'm growing to accept that. But I was looking forward to just upgrading my amp next, not juggling that + looper + wah.

Meh, even when I have gear on the must-have list, I go and buy a few other things that I know I don't need. Curiosity, good deals... or just pure stupidity. I've really been needing a looper for a few months now, and in that time I spent so much money that I could buy 2, 3 loopers for stuff/pedals I don't really need. Ah. I really need a looper.
Haha, well I'm getting married next year, so the missus and I are working on saving money. So there's a limited budget for band stuff for the next 12 months or so. I'll just have to find some money on the ground or something.

Still though, this thread hasn't steered me wrong so far; I'm loving the hell out of my Ice Box chorus. Just gonna have to figure out some way to stuff a looper onto my board.
Last edited by UnbrokenGlass at Aug 25, 2013,
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
Haha, well I'm getting married next year, so the missus and I are working on saving money. So there's a limited budget for band stuff for the next 12 months or so. I'll just have to find some money on the ground or something.

Still though, this thread hasn't steered me wrong so far; I'm loving the hell out of my Ice Box chorus. Just gonna have to figure out some way to stuff a looper onto my board.

Congrats!

And yeah, that pedal is a winner. It's the DE7 of choruses.
Quote by kolenik
Congrats!

And yeah, that pedal is a winner. It's the DE7 of choruses.

I used to see the DE7 pop up in used shops around here sometimes, and just kind of ignored it because it looked like, well, a cheap Ibanez pedal. And now, of course, when I really want to try one, can't find 'em. :-p

And thanks! Very excited about it.
Do check it out. Oh, and I checked your band, the album you released in August. Sounds like a weird, whacked up Nirvana. I like it.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I'm selling a DE7.

Hrm. You have my attention. How much are you asking?

Quote by kolenik
Do check it out. Oh, and I checked your band, the album you released in August. Sounds like a weird, whacked up Nirvana. I like it.

Thanks man! I do love some Nirvana(but try not to ape it, seems like there's this whole subculture of modern day grunge bands that go out, learn every riff from the Nirvana catalog, throw on flannel and just try to copy the old bands). That's actually some fairly old material for us, it's from January and it finally got a proper mix and master. The new stuff(whenever we get around to recording it as opposed to just playing a bunch of live shows) is...like that, but weirder. Like I said, much more texture and ambience.
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
Hrm. You have my attention. How much are you asking?

Well they typically go from like $50-$65. I'd like to get $65 if I'm shipping it and such. Are you in the states?

Though I'd really like to sell it with my other two pedals. $165 for the DE7, Malekko Phase, and Digidelay. And that is a solid deal.
Last edited by VishNuRoXoUt at Aug 25, 2013,