Quote by Ippon
Sweet! You need to try it through a 412 with EVM-12Ls and a 215.

Well I'll be getting that Sunn loaded up soon. I don't think I want a 5,000,000 lbs 4x12. So I'll never load up a damn 4x12 with EVM-12Ls. You mad man. My plan is to get a matching Sunn vertical 2x12, though.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Thanks dude. I'm pretty happy with it right now. Just need to wait until I get my Sunn 2x15 up and running. It will be a totally different animal. Hehe

Awesome, I bet that's going to sound sick.
Quote by Ippon
There's a wuss rig: 212 with EVM-12Ls and a 115 with EVM-15B.

Think I'm putting commonwealth 15s in the 2x15.
Not sure what I'm doing with the future 2x12 though.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Think I'm putting commonwealth 15s in the 2x15.
Not sure what I'm doing with the future 2x12 though.

Just kidding!

A 215 will sound massive. I've used the 212 + 115 cabs with the inexpensive JCA100, slays.

2x12/1x15 set ups are among my favorite. I think they work really well for a very large majority of stuff. I'll probably end up with something like that.
Quote by T7E
AA one or real deal?
Also just bought tix to see mastodon and baroness. Gojira are also playing but they are first and I wont be in a rush to catch them.

Report back if they're still rocking the VH4 and Herbert.
Quote by Ippon
Report back if they're still rocking the VH4 and Herbert.

There is a solid chance that they aren't trying to bring their personal rigs all the way to Oz. So they will most likely be getting whatever rental gear they can get that closely represents their rigs. I'm going to assume Marshalls and Oranges all over the place.
Shit, Philip Seymour Hoffman died :,(.
Fender Baritone Special Jaguar
|
MicroPOG - Fingerprint - Rat clone w/ Ruetz mod - Ice Box - Kilobyte - SHO - Flashback - BigSky - Infinity
|
Fender Dual Showman Reverb + Marshall Super Bass '76 (stereo)

Quote by T7E
I wish shit just worked

Scored this lovely 2001-2002 American Standard for $600AUD shipped. It's been upgraded with Fender CS 51 Nocaster pickups as well. Too good a deal to pass up, so I jumped on it haha. Now gotta wait a few days for it to arrive.
Last edited by TheTransient at Feb 3, 2014,
Quote by TheTransient

TELE

Scored this lovely 2001-2002 American Standard for $600AUD shipped. It's been upgraded with Fender CS 51 Nocaster pickups as well. Too good a deal to pass up, so I jumped on it haha. Now gotta wait a few days for it to arrive.

My boss is trying to sell me a Squier Tele (natural with a white pickguard, so if nothing else it looks cool) for £70, just when I was thinking of investing in a cheap guitar to use as a live spare/funny tunings guitar - the latter because having to change from standard to drop D or DADGBD then back between songs sort of kills the momentum at gigs a bit. I tend to like to leave enough time for people's feet to touch the ground then kick off the next song...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by TheTransient

Good find man. I traded an 80's Strat to get my US Standard. Mine looks identical bar the bridge pickup, which is a Lil 59. Beast of a guitar.
Quote by TheTransient

Congrats! That's a really nice price over there, yea?

Quote by Ippon
Congrats! That's a really nice price over there, yea?

You have no idea how nice A brand new Am. Std. will set you back between $1500 and $1700 down here.
New pedalboard layout...

I also bought Golden Age Project Pre-73 MK2 preamp.
|
MicroPOG - Fingerprint - Rat clone w/ Ruetz mod - Ice Box - Kilobyte - SHO - Flashback - BigSky - Infinity
|

Quote by T7E
I wish shit just worked
Oooooooo
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
POG + Ice Box + Flashback + Big Sky = insane ambience, I'm guessing?

By the way, the new Sunn O)))/Ulver album is amazing. Seriously bleak, but in a good way.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Recording a wall of sound
Last edited by albertj.q at Feb 4, 2014,
^I like it, new guy.

My pedalboard is in storage with the rest of my rig.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by albertj.q
Recording a wall of sound

Yooooo. Nice set up. You should submit your pedalboard to fuckyeaheffectspedals.tumblr.com dude.
Yea Korey, I was gonna do that...but I can't right now. I can give you an old pic. It hasn't changed. Do you want a write up for the board as well?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Yea Korey, I was gonna do that...but I can't right now. I can give you an old pic. It hasn't changed. Do you want a write up for the board as well?

I was talking to the new fella. But yeah dude. Do it.

And anyone else who has made some solid changes and should post. Submit yours Tine!
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I was talking to the new fella. But yeah dude. Do it.

And anyone else who has made some solid changes and should post. Submit yours Tine!

Yea, I knew you were, but it just reminded me you asked for my board
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
YO Australian people you have to answer for Ken Ham and his stupidity. lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Had no idea who Ken Ham was, had to look him up. What a nut. But I am sure that for every Ken Ham we have, American has 10 more to answer for

BAND UPDATE: The doom band thing hasnt happened yet, it will eventually haha. However, i am talking with another ex-bandmember (not from Canidae, but the band before that) who plays bass, and we are gonna do something together again. Seems like it will be some kind of chilled out indie band sorta thing-a-majig
Last edited by TheTransient at Feb 4, 2014,
Quote by TheTransient
Had no idea who Ken Ham was, had to look him up. What a nut. But I am sure that for every Ken Ham we have, American has 10 more to answer for

Yeah I knew who he was but he isn't a big deal here. It kind of makes sense how he is more widely known in Merica.
I will say, as a Christian, I don't think Ham did a very good job. There is a million different directions he could have gone, but chose not to. When debating science, especially to people who don't believe the bible is true, one might think to use scientific evidence first then lead to what the bible says, not the other way around, which he didn't even do much of. He didn't answer many of Nye's questions with anything other than "there is a book...". I believe in that book totally, and there is a creation story in there, but I believe is it vague for a reason: Maybe we all(creationists and non) don't know what happened exactly because it doesn't matter that much. There is much more to life than when life began. It did. I have done my own study and research on the matter, though it matters little to me. Ham bought up many things about how many discoveries do not seem to disprove him and he is right about that. The part he missed is what those things actually said. I would venture to say, as somewhat of a historian myself, that when facts/research is present, one should not only reference its existance, but present the information itself. Had he presented any valid facts with backing information, the debate may have looked a little different. To answer the question Nye asked many times: Is Ken Ham's creationist model viable to teach in the modern world? No, mainly because he didn't say much. I will however say that a creationist model could be mentioned as many do believe it but I do not believe either should be stated as absolute fact as there is too much unknown about both sides of the coin. Sorry for the book and I respect all of your religious and not so religious views
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Okay, just give me a few days to get it in order!
Quote by stradivari310

Thanks!

Just listening to Antarctica. Really beautiful.
|
|

Quote by T7E
I wish shit just worked
Quote by Tombe
POG + Ice Box + Flashback + Big Sky = insane ambience, I'm guessing?

By the way, the new Sunn O)))/Ulver album is amazing. Seriously bleak, but in a good way.

Indeed.

Yeah, I really enjoy the album as well, though I've heard mixed reactions to it.
|
|

Quote by T7E
I wish shit just worked
Quote by TheTransient

BAND UPDATE: The doom band thing hasnt happened yet, it will eventually haha. However, i am talking with another ex-bandmember (not from Canidae, but the band before that) who plays bass, and we are gonna do something together again. Seems like it will be some kind of chilled out indie band sorta thing-a-majig

We do. It's a big problem America has a strong backbone of anti-intellectualism that is deeply troubling to me.

But awesome! With your rig, I bet you can make some cool stuff.

Quote by T7E
Yeah I knew who he was but he isn't a big deal here. It kind of makes sense how he is more widely known in Merica.

Indeed

Quote by ppunkrokMr
I will say, as a Christian, I don't think Ham did a very good job. There is a million different directions he could have gone, but chose not to. When debating science, especially to people who don't believe the bible is true, one might think to use scientific evidence first then lead to what the bible says, not the other way around, which he didn't even do much of. He didn't answer many of Nye's questions with anything other than "there is a book...". I believe in that book totally, and there is a creation story in there, but I believe is it vague for a reason: Maybe we all(creationists and non) don't know what happened exactly because it doesn't matter that much. There is much more to life than when life began. It did. I have done my own study and research on the matter, though it matters little to me. Ham bought up many things about how many discoveries do not seem to disprove him and he is right about that. The part he missed is what those things actually said. I would venture to say, as somewhat of a historian myself, that when facts/research is present, one should not only reference its existance, but present the information itself. Had he presented any valid facts with backing information, the debate may have looked a little different. To answer the question Nye asked many times: Is Ken Ham's creationist model viable to teach in the modern world? No, mainly because he didn't say much. I will however say that a creationist model could be mentioned as many do believe it but I do not believe either should be stated as absolute fact as there is too much unknown about both sides of the coin. Sorry for the book and I respect all of your religious and not so religious views

Mainstream science has produced very good theories for how the universe came into existence, how the earth formed, how life may have come into existence, and how it has changed over time. Theories are important because they make testable predictions and slowly improve over time until they become facts. Our study of cosmology has gotten to the point where we are VERY sure that there was a Big Bang. We can see every stage of planet formation in other parts of the universe, so we know the process through which ours came together from the remnants of a supernova. Scientists have found organic molecules simply floating in space that came together from external energy interacting with raw materials, and are investigating ways that these could organize in the right conditions. We have overwhelming evidence for evolution as well between the fossil record, studies of bacteria, and the anthropological studies of proto-humans.

There's plenty of room for a view in which a deity set in motion the events which culminated in the existence of humans. One can very easily reconcile scientific inquiry and religious principles if they embrace facts. Ken Ham refuses to do this. I think it was very telling when he said that, even in the face of overwhelming facts, he would not change his mind. That is an extraordinary character flaw.

Having been very religious myself for many years and only recently coming to leave it all behind, I have great respect for people with lots of faith who can reconcile it with science. The people who do not do this and make claims such as "the earth is 6000 years old" actually scare me.

Quote by kolenik
Okay, just give me a few days to get it in order!

Thanks!

Just listening to Antarctica. Really beautiful.

Thanks a lot dude. I'm very happy with how well these came out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310

Indeed

I just sat and had a think about it and I can think of like 8 people I have ever met EVER IN MY LIFE who are church going, full blown Christians. How's that for contrast haha