Quote by T7E
Yeah he was using it for Aurora stuff. Most of the time it was just swathes of distorted feedback which he would then loop and mix in and out of the whole set up.
From where I was I could see a volume pedal for swelling, a mute switch for whenever he through his guitar on the floor and a looper of some description.
I'm pretty sure he was running it through one of his computers for everything and then just into what i mentioned above as there was all kinds of whacky adsr shit going on with it and just huge industrial distortions and stuff but yeah, just massive.

Sounds nasty. I need to see him live...

So I was all done installing a couple new caps in my V4, and as I flipped it over to put it back in its chassis I broke one of the power tubes. Back to square one. ****in sucks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Played a gig last night, we had a backline of cabs provided, so I took one of my Sovteks to use with the 4x10 bass cab, and it sounded infinitely better than the Sunn Beta Bass. Dem tubes bro. So I am gonna be running that from now on, trying to grab a Sovtek 4x10 on Gumtree (if it's still available) so I can have a matching Sovtek bass rig haha. Gonna be so ****ing doom

As cool as it is to say I own a Sunn, I will probably sell the Beta Bass since I won't be using it now. I was never able to get a clean tone out of it that I actually liked enough to warrant keeping it. The gnarly dirt channel was cool, but that's about it.

I also used the bass modded Rat and it sounded really good!
Quote by TheTransient
Played a gig last night, we had a backline of cabs provided, so I took one of my Sovteks to use with the 4x10 bass cab, and it sounded infinitely better than the Sunn Beta Bass. Dem tubes bro. So I am gonna be running that from now on, trying to grab a Sovtek 4x10 on Gumtree (if it's still available) so I can have a matching Sovtek bass rig haha. Gonna be so ****ing doom

As cool as it is to say I own a Sunn, I will probably sell the Beta Bass since I won't be using it now. I was never able to get a clean tone out of it that I actually liked enough to warrant keeping it. The gnarly dirt channel was cool, but that's about it.

I also used the bass modded Rat and it sounded really good!

Sounds awesome dude. A 100W tube amp is plenty for bass provided you have efficient speakers. A stock Sovtek 4x10 might need a swap, but you'll have to see. I'm not familiar with what drivers they have.

I feel you on the Beta Bass though. Those aren't known for cleans. Maybe if you end up missing the drive channel you can get one of the beta bass preamp pedals that's out there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I got a Boss Acoustic Simulator pedal. I was actually surprised that I really like how I integrated it into my rig. Out of my TU3, the switched out goes to the AC3. The through out goes to my rat>VP>delay>space>looper. I can play clean with the AC3(which actually has a pretty nice little reverb built int) and when set right, it has a night electric guitar tone. Kinda sparkly but still nice with a tight low end. Then I can bring in just a little signal from the rest of my board with delay and reverb and have a pad behind me playing chords.

Or, I can have clean with a tiny bit of reverb and mix that with my Rat. It sounds huge for big rhythm sections.

I bought the pedal because it was cheaper than installing a pup in my acoustic and way cheaper than buying an acoustic. I want to have the option of acoustic for when I play in church, and at the beginning of Antioch. West and I ended up swapping parts for the intro because I can add in the acoustic we recorded, live.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
The beta bass is the Buzz Osbourne tone isn't it?
Think he uses just the pre amps into powers amps into emperors?
Before you sell it Brendan, plug in a guitar and crank it.
I got the Sovtek 4x10 and its pretty much a POS aesthetically. Its covered in gaffa tape and if i take it off its just that horrible residue. The tolex has shrunk and its peeling in places. Gonna have to clean it up as best as I can. Its shitty fibreboard, so I cant just strip and stain it. On a side note, I stole the badge off of and it fit perfectly on the MIG that was missing its badge so thats cool haha. Just in case you are worrying, its not an actual Sovtek cab. Its a generic cab made here in Aus with a badge slapped on it... Ive seen them with all sorts of badges before. So its not like i am ruining anything special.

Not sure how it sounds yet. But I think this is gonna be a short term use cab. Once I sell the Sunn I will most likely invest in something a bit nicer.
I really want to get a Bogner Alchemist combo. Having a smaller amp would be very convenient and one that sounds good with a built in delay that sounds pretty good is even better. I had herd about some reliability issues when they first cmae out, but nothing in recent years. Any of you have any experience with the amp?
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

Quote by ppunkrokMr
I really want to get a Bogner Alchemist combo. Having a smaller amp would be very convenient and one that sounds good with a built in delay that sounds pretty good is even better. I had herd about some reliability issues when they first cmae out, but nothing in recent years. Any of you have any experience with the amp?

I always kind of liked these, honestly. hahaha. I think they sound pretty good, but seeing as they are almost Line 6 amps, I just don't vibe too much with them.
The delay is pretty neat though. And the gain doesn't sound terrible.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I always kind of liked these, honestly. hahaha. I think they sound pretty good, but seeing as they are almost Line 6 amps, I just don't vibe too much with them.
The delay is pretty neat though. And the gain doesn't sound terrible.

I've had mine since a few months it first came out. I have a few amps and the Alchemist and Peavey JSX have the most hours/mileage. Zero problems and it's not falling apart.
A few?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Korey, I guess I see what you mean, but I try really hard not to judge an amp by the brand and judge whether or not it sounds good to my ears. I have played some really low end gear that I liked. I have played some high end gear that I did not. The Alchemist sounds good to me. Good cleans, good distortion, and the effects are cool, even if I do not use them much. If I got one, it would be a convenient amp to bring a board with a drive, tuner, and maybe tapable delay, and the amp to use for jamming with friends or for church stuff where they want me to use some sort of isolation room/box.

Ippon, I do not remember your real name. But that is good to hear. I like the JSX/XXX amps too. They are quite versatile when it comes to needing good cleans and high gain amp distortion in one amp.
Quote by Fryderyczek

Demo recorded with my new band.

https://soundcloud.com/justrooster/tectonic-shoulder-shrugger-rough-demo

First band I've been in where I'm the main songwriter. I listen to a lot of Sonic Youth, and the other guitarist listens to a lot of Pelican. I hope it shows. Live action, like 3 mic demo, so forgive the recording quality.

There's vocals during the bass-only parts, so bear with the repetition!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

First band I've been in where I'm the main songwriter. I listen to a lot of Sonic Youth, and the other guitarist listens to a lot of Pelican. I hope it shows. Live action, like 3 mic demo, so forgive the recording quality.

Neat! Let us hear the vox when you get them tracked c:
It kind of reminded me of Silversun Pickups.

don't what to sound like an ass, but(t)...

It seemed like there were a couple of places in the bass solo sections where the bass player was off beat. Intentional?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice! Yeah that's a good idea. Buying parts always adds up really quick haha
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
is it weird i play post rock but never really listen to it?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Well I'm in a sorta shoegaze band and I don't even really like shoegaze haha.

Except slowdive :p

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Now the I have heard a fair bit of post-rock, my taste has sort of narrowed, and I don't know heaps of bands that really hit the dark almost post-metal sound that I want. I have been listening later ISIS for the clean sections, which are amazing. But stuff like EITS and Caspian and lighter nice post rock doesn't do much for me now. Mogwai is still killing it though.

Not long back I went through the posts on that post-rock Facebook page and I did find a few cool bands, but I forgot to write them down...

The band I am is sort of over the place in terms of influences, but basically they want to be And So I Watch You From Afar haha. I actually need to listen to them properly, what I have heard sounds good though
Dude I love asiwyfa!

So I'm making progress on this strat I've had laying around. Bought a Loaded mim strat pickguard, got a neck from serial killer's dad, my dad is going to drill the necessary holes, I'm almost done sanding the body so I can paint it, and I'm going to order tuners in the next few days. I'm excited to get it in playable condition finally.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Dude, that's awesome. Here's to getting guitars back in fighting shape.

Realized out this week that there's no way we're gonna be able to fit my 212 and Windsor in the car for the long tour in the spring(not with everything else we need to fit, like merch and personal belongings). Back to the drawing board as far as a touring amp goes...
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
Dude, that's awesome. Here's to getting guitars back in fighting shape.

Realized out this week that there's no way we're gonna be able to fit my 212 and Windsor in the car for the long tour in the spring(not with everything else we need to fit, like merch and personal belongings). Back to the drawing board as far as a touring amp goes...

Orrrrrr...you could make your car into a Redneck convertible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MdsqrWypGo&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Yeah, Mogwai are still doing it for me. They're in that position where they're releasing a solid album every few years - every time I stick their latest album on I just always find it reassuringly familiar, like going back home over Christmas for a few weeks when you're at university.

Other than that I love the latest TWDY album, although the amount I listen to it might have a lot to do with the fact that it's in my car... Godspeed's last album is a killer too, and any of the four tracks off Lift Your Skinny Fists are exactly the right length for me to walk into town (read - the pub) to. And if you could class the Sunn O))) and Ulver collaboration as post-rock I listen to that all the time too.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Orrrrrr...you could make your car into a Redneck convertible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MdsqrWypGo&sns=em

What did I just watch?

Honestly I'm kind of OK with switching back down to a 112 combo; I can still get blisteringly loud with them and the simplicity is appealing to me. It's just a matter of affording it with taxes and everything else going on for the tour that's making me nervous.
Hey, I've been super busy working on this!

It's the overdrive I was talking about earlier. It needs some help with treble filtering but it sounds pretty sick and is very tweakable. I'm going to be taking preorders in a month or two I think.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by JustRooster

Quality isnt terrible. I have done much worse The song isnt bad either. Id love to hear more with vocals. Keep running with it.

Quote by UnbrokenGlass
What did I just watch?

Honestly I'm kind of OK with switching back down to a 112 combo; I can still get blisteringly loud with them and the simplicity is appealing to me. It's just a matter of affording it with taxes and everything else going on for the tour that's making me nervous.

Try and find an AOR combo. You should be able to get one for a decent price, but still have the JCM/JMP tone on lock.

EDIT: There is a 50 watt 112 combo on GC used in OHIO for 400.
Quote by Fryderyczek

Last edited by ppunkrokMr at Feb 18, 2015,
Quote by stradivari310

That circuit board gots nice dreads, mon!

Quote by stradivari310

It's the overdrive I was talking about earlier. It needs some help with treble filtering but it sounds pretty sick and is very tweakable. I'm going to be taking preorders in a month or two I think.
Reminds me of Mangle from FNAF2. :p

Any sound demos?
Any idea on price John?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's a U.P.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Will Lane
Reminds me of Mangle from FNAF2. :p

Any sound demos?

Not yet, still tweaking the frequency response. It's too trebly at the moment.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
Any idea on price John?

$150, but there will be a discount for the first 10-20 preorders.

Quote by greeny23
What IC are you using dude?

TL074. There's a clipping amp, buffer, gyrator, and recovery stage.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Can I just Preorder one now John?

Also, I am currently working on a design for a pedal similar to the TYM Effects big bottom. It has a crossover with an effects loop for the hi output. It allows you to put drive pedals(or any pedals) on just the higher frequencies so that a good low end is maintained when using bass. Brian Cook of Russian Circles is know for using one. I want to make this one a little different. I am thinking of putting a Fq knob to adjust where the cutoff is so it can be used for guitar and keys as well. I am also considering adding a clean boost to the overall output that is foot-switchable.

My limited knowledge of electronics will probably limit me to buying already existing components (the crossovers) and rehousing/ routing them to what I want them to do.

still, this pedal needs to be readily available and the TYM no longer makes them.

I may also add a loop for the low side as well to be used with filters and sub-octave/sub harmonic generators.

It would also be cool to run drone pedals into the front end and have different ranges come out of different effect chains to make cool pulses and stuff.
Quote by Fryderyczek

I'm about to buy a Korg Volca Beats. Just need to talk to my man and check he's serious about this band we're meant to be forming. Our manifold reasons behind having a drum machine instead of a drummer are: can play the same beat constantly for ages without getting tired or speeding up/slowing down; don't have to worry about getting a drum kit to whichever venue we're playing in; makes it much easier to rehearse; don't have to deal with the village idiot of the rock world; it worked for Big Black; the sort of music we want to play will benefit from having a metronomic, unvarying beat going in the background; recording will be really easy because we don't have to find a soundproofed studio or treated room then mess around for ages getting a good drum sound.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
posted this in PBT too but you guys know pedals just as much. i'm starting a youtube channel for my new online rare/vintage pedal store so i'm using a whole lot of local guitarists as demo players.

thoughts on it?

this was the first, when i have delays/phasers and stuff in it will be more interesting..

http://youtu.be/bgnZnay58Js
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
posted this in PBT too but you guys know pedals just as much. i'm starting a youtube channel for my new online rare/vintage pedal store so i'm using a whole lot of local guitarists as demo players.

thoughts on it?

this was the first, when i have delays/phasers and stuff in it will be more interesting..

http://youtu.be/bgnZnay58Js

I wholeheartedly support everything about this venture.

As for thoughts, as far as a big muff demo goes it was pretty good. You moved knobs which is cool I guess.
Last edited by T7E at Feb 19, 2015,
Quote by T7E
I wholeheartedly support everything about this venture.

As for thoughts, as far as a big muff demo goes it was pretty good. You moved knobs which is cool I guess.

firstly hugs and kisses to you

secondly yeh it's super limiting doing a muff since they're simple and straight forward.

doing some more intense pedals next week hopefully, just making sure i have the format nailed first.
mojostompboxes.com