Quote by ppunkrokMr
Can I just Preorder one now John?

Also, I am currently working on a design for a pedal similar to the TYM Effects big bottom. It has a crossover with an effects loop for the hi output. It allows you to put drive pedals(or any pedals) on just the higher frequencies so that a good low end is maintained when using bass. Brian Cook of Russian Circles is know for using one. I want to make this one a little different. I am thinking of putting a Fq knob to adjust where the cutoff is so it can be used for guitar and keys as well. I am also considering adding a clean boost to the overall output that is foot-switchable.

My limited knowledge of electronics will probably limit me to buying already existing components (the crossovers) and rehousing/ routing them to what I want them to do.

still, this pedal needs to be readily available and the TYM no longer makes them.

I may also add a loop for the low side as well to be used with filters and sub-octave/sub harmonic generators.

It would also be cool to run drone pedals into the front end and have different ranges come out of different effect chains to make cool pulses and stuff.

I want to say yes, but I need to have it 100% right before I start taking people's money

A crossover sounds pretty awesome. You could just have a buffer/splitter going into really aggressive high and low pass filters too.

Also Tim, good looks on that demo!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Feb 19, 2015,
Ily timmy

but seriously the only other AUS places for vintage gear I know and check only because they are local to me are found sound and the music swop shop and since they sell on consignment you can never negotiate so I reckon keep an eye on their websites for comparable products and undercut them by like $20 because they have no wiggle room and **** em up a little.
Great video Tim. Its pretty straightforward, but so is the muff. You did a really good job of showing what each knob does and how it reacts.
most pedal demos seem to be "This is the sound I liked best out of it on my rig" type stuff.

Quote by Tombe
I'm about to buy a Korg Volca Beats. Just need to talk to my man and check he's serious about this band we're meant to be forming. Our manifold reasons behind having a drum machine instead of a drummer are: can play the same beat constantly for ages without getting tired or speeding up/slowing down; don't have to worry about getting a drum kit to whichever venue we're playing in; makes it much easier to rehearse; don't have to deal with the village idiot of the rock world; it worked for Big Black; the sort of music we want to play will benefit from having a metronomic, unvarying beat going in the background; recording will be really easy because we don't have to find a soundproofed studio or treated room then mess around for ages getting a good drum sound.

Drum machines are great in theory, but they seem strange in live use. But that may just be me. A buddy was in a grindcore band and they used a laptop running drum loops for a while. The smalpes and drums sounded great, but it was just kinda strange to see. I assume you are not playing metal so it may be different for you in your scene. You can definitely get some steady beats though, and with some sort of midi foot controller, you can change patterns and stuff easy enough on the fly. Best of luck with the endeavor, and the band
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
If I was in a band using a drum machine, I think I'd prefer to have some sort of extra visual element to the show. Having no drummer changes the whole dynamic and aesthetic of the show, and I feel like some kind of extra visuals would help bring it into a new territory rather than looking like "a rock band with no drummer." Other than that, I'd be totally down with being in a band like that. Id love to do some ambient electronic stuff with post rock influences. I really like the band Lights Out Asia and how they make use of "fake" drums.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Timbuk 3 made it work for a while.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That new black MIM Telecaster I bought is definitely staying a Telecaster haha. It's just too nice, and I am gonna use the opportunity to try some different tele pickups. Going with vintage style Toneriders, Wilkinson 3-saddle bridge and I am gonna put a 3-ply black pickguard on it. Gonna call it the Classycaster hahahaha

While I am prepping and finishing the Telemaster body, fingers crossed the AUD goes up so I can buy parts.
Last edited by TheTransient at Feb 21, 2015,
Quote by ibanezguitars44
If I was in a band using a drum machine, I think I'd prefer to have some sort of extra visual element to the show. Having no drummer changes the whole dynamic and aesthetic of the show, and I feel like some kind of extra visuals would help bring it into a new territory rather than looking like "a rock band with no drummer." Other than that, I'd be totally down with being in a band like that. Id love to do some ambient electronic stuff with post rock influences. I really like the band Lights Out Asia and how they make use of "fake" drums.

By 'extra visuals' do you include 'jumping around and waving your arms around a lot' in that? Because we're both definitely down at the more dynamic end of the performance spectrum...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Hahaha yes

Also, I looked up the korg thing. Looks sweeeet.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
o hai dere post-rckrs!

Shit's been busy. I actually like the new job a lot. How's everyone in here?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Nice dude, glad to hear it! I'm dying from homework and sacrificing sleep to design pedals. Life is grand.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I saw the new pedal stuff, looking awesome! I will be moving back home this summer (ugh) to save some money and to get away from my current roommate. I may have some cash to buy one of your pedals. I should be playing more electric then anyway, due to not being in an apartment. Woo!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Got a job today! I'll be doing shipping stuff. Feels good to have something. Not having a job was really starting to cause a lot of stress. I'm selling my wet reverb to my band's bassist and buying the v2 wet haha. So that's exciting.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sucks

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Nice grabs, Tim.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
Got a job today! I'll be doing shipping stuff. Feels good to have something. Not having a job was really starting to cause a lot of stress. I'm selling my wet reverb to my band's bassist and buying the v2 wet haha. So that's exciting.

Congrats, West! What does "shipping stuff" entail?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Bands first gig is on Thursday. 6 hour rehearsal last night and shit is unbelievably tight.
So happy. All I'm using is strat>cleanness>dd7 with TT>meet Maude > amp

Such mad tone. Shits getting experimental too. 3 synths on stage and knob turning oscillating madness. Keen as a bean to bend minds.

congrats on people finding jobs. I've been meaning to gain more meaningful employment for so long.
Listened to the first minute cos I'm in public but dem low gain tones are mint as ****
Nicely done.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
^The single sounds so ****ing cool.

Haven't listened yet. Still at work...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Also, the full song from that clip is the first song from this video

https://vimeo.com/66909761

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Just haven't been feeling the Windsor as much as when I first got it, and I need to slim down the amp section of my rig for touring this year so everything fits safely and comfortably in one vehicle, and a guy offered me a trade. For that head(with the charmingly hideous zebra paintjob) he traded me a Squier Tele with Mojotone pickups and a hardshell case. I was pretty skeptical(I kind of expected my kidneys to get stolen) but I got to try out the guitar and honestly, this thing is pretty good; neck is solid and the pups are nice. Now I just have to decide if I'm keeping it or flipping it to get more pedals/other stuff I need, but I feel like I probably made out all right on that trade.
Last edited by UnbrokenGlass at Feb 25, 2015,
Cool! It's always great when you find a good Squier. The stuff is decent most of the time, but every now and then you find one that's just ahead of the rest.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Cool! It's always great when you find a good Squier. The stuff is decent most of the time, but every now and then you find one that's just ahead of the rest.

I've somehow managed to always have really good luck with Squiers; every one I've ever bought, even buying blind, has had a really nice nice, which is my make or break on cheap guitars. Everything else I could change out if I needed to. But this one is real nice.
So I saw Earth last night and Dylan Carlson was just using a MXR chorus and compressor and getting all his dirt from his amp. And obviously it sounded incredible. I think he's just destroyed the entire pedal market...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Ippon

It's not terrible. I'm more into analog Phasers, but it's super passable at that price.
Quote by Ippon

No idea how good that is, but I've got an Arion Stereo phaser that sounds pretty decent (it's one of the old ones), you can get them dirt cheap second hand. Also you can circuit bend them into an absolute monstrosity of a pedal if that's your kinda thing.
Quote by Ippon
Thanks!

What do you recommend?

If you can find a Black Russian Small Stone, those rule. I only got rid of mine because I replaced the russian muff and small stone with a blackout Sibling and Musket. So that's a good call and can be found used at $65. But they are harder to find. Lots of rad mods though. I also love my Sibling, but it's obviously a lot more money. ha.
Over the Hardwire I'd actually **** with the Boss PH-2 and stuff.
Just to name a few.
i know you can get the ibanez analog phasers cheap as well, i dont really have a need for a phazer i use a univibe though.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
the Guyatone one i got in sold already. that thing was the best compact phaser i've ever used. It had a throbbing setting when you turned the depth to 0 that was unbeatable.

nothing will top the Doppelganger for me though. but like, 3 feet wide and $600+ isnt for everyone..
mojostompboxes.com